The rise of new riders and motovlogging | GTAMotorcycle.com

The rise of new riders and motovlogging

Benny!

Site Supporter
I noticed there's a giant influx of everyone and their mom doing vlogs now. People that have just passed their course and are more focused on views then actually riding well. What is everyone's thoughts on this? do you watch them? make fun of them? condone them?

Discuss

I noticed there's a giant influx of everyone and their mom doing vlogs now. People that have just passed their course and are more focused on views then actually riding well. What is everyone's thoughts on this? do you watch them? make fun of them? condone them?

Discuss

I really like the gear reviews, especially when it's their first time buying or wearing any actual equipment. Bike reviews are my second favourite followed by riding tips.

I get a kick out of someone with less than a year of on road experience talking about riding technique or whatever. I'm about 10 years in and still learning everyday :cool:

Edit: there's a few I'll watch for the completely un-motorcycle related rants or beautiful scenery and what not.. Can't beat Accidental Broadcast for visuals.

Last edited:
i find vlogs uncomfortable and impractical.....

Dutchclogs.jpg

Discuss

If you look more closely at many of them and their riding habits on display, it's actually quite often a case of the rise and inevitable fall of any given motovlogger.

It's a convenient outlet for the "Me me me, I'm the most important person on the planet, look at me the special snowflake!" generation.

It doesn't hurt that if by some fluke they gain a viewership they can actually make money from it, further inflating the egos. Add in a smattering of the usual douchery/squiddly behavior, some cager rage, and you can gain traction, sadly enough.

It's a convenient outlet for the "Me me me, I'm the most important person on the planet, look at me the special snowflake!" generation.

Better to be a part of that generation than the "I was too busy doing drugs in the 60s and 70s to give a **** while they sold out the country and environment and economy...sorry kids but now you're ****ed because we're all lazy pieces of **** that could drop out of high school and still afford a house".

This new generation is much harder working and motivated than the boomers - if they need life lessons they need to look to their grand parents not their parents.

But if you're young and reading this, get off your god damned phone at dinner time and while driving, you addicted bastards.

They're stupid . They seem to put themselves in harms way, rather than avoiding a situation, just so they can have an over the top reaction to garner more likes and subscriptions to their stupid channel.

Better to be a part of that generation than the "I was too busy doing drugs in the 60s and 70s to give a **** while they sold out the country and environment and economy...sorry kids but now you're ****ed because we're all lazy pieces of **** that could drop out of high school and still afford a house".

LOL. Jealous much? Parents of today's generation screwed up, not on the environment or economy but in raising whiney, greedy, thankless little ***** that, growing up, had everything from violin and dance and soccer and piano to hockey to gymnastics etc and yet still complain they have it hard. Generation Spoiled Brat had all the toys, all the computers, the latest smart phones and tablets and everything else given to them. Their parents, at their age, were pumping gas or washing dishes to make a little money for albums or tapes or CDs, for the weekend or to save for books and tuition but much of today's generation expects parents and government to give them everything. Hell, they even expect their "music" -- such as it is nowadays, thanks for that BTW, Generation Spoiled Brat -- to be free via downloads and torrents.

The only time this generation works as hard as the previous one is when they actually enter (or try to enter) the workforce. When they're hit with the cold reality that out in the real world, not everyone wins, we're not all equal, we're not all "special little guys", they won't be starting with a 6-figure salary and so on, then they start whining again about how hard they have it.

That's the real failing of the "older generation": Raising a bunch of pussies.

But if you're young and reading this, get off your god damned phone at dinner time and while driving, you addicted bastards.

Amen to that. But how about getting off the damn thing all the time? Try going a week without it. Life was glorious as a kid & teen back in the day, before everyone was a fat ****ing zombie glued to a mobile screen.

I only watched them when they came up on youtube when they are reviewing a motorcycle, or to see something specific I couldnt otherwise find information for - ie. QuickShifters, Sound of certain slipon's etc.

There was a vlogger that worked for Competition Accessories a few years ago named Reuben Bakker. He was great. He did 50 or so vlogs which were mostly bike or product reviews under the name "Weekly Rides with Reuben" on Youtube. Then CA downsized (or something) and he was out. They tried to replace him with some other dude but it's not the same.

Lately I'll catch Suburban Delinquent for a laugh; dude does some reckless stuff (wheelies, speed, racing across intersections) but he's genuinely funny and does some interesting/entertaining things (e.g. giving cans of beer to random individuals on the street; sticker bomb competitions etc).

Most other vloggers are just spastic, hyperactive dolts that love to hear themselves whoop! and sing and blather on as if they have some hyperactivity disorder.

b590a0dc1de2b4d336873a50de27445e3bb338c7898282c2a11f40051541ccf4.jpg

I watch a bunch of vloggers but for entertainment purposes, to check out the bikes (ride & review) and the places they ride. I kinda like the idea they are doing something on their own for themselves and hopefully making some money. CHEAH!

I tried watching a few - complete waste of time. Nothing education, informative, engaging or interesting. If I have a few free minutes there are nearly infinite ways I'd rather spend my time.

tried for a while. got bored.

and by that i mean tried to watch them.

i dont think im interesting or important enough to warrant broadcasting my daily commute in stop and go traffic.

There was a vlogger that worked for Competition Accessories a few years ago named Reuben Bakker. He was great. He did 50 or so vlogs which were mostly bike or product reviews under the name "Weekly Rides with Reuben" on Youtube. Then CA downsized (or something) and he was out. They tried to replace him with some other dude but it's not the same.

Lately I'll catch Suburban Delinquent for a laugh; dude does some reckless stuff (wheelies, speed, racing across intersections) but he's genuinely funny and does some interesting/entertaining things (e.g. giving cans of beer to random individuals on the street; sticker bomb competitions etc).

Most other vloggers are just spastic, hyperactive dolts that love to hear themselves whoop! and sing and blather on as if they have some hyperactivity disorder.

Have you seen his friend Arson Rides? That guy has got ISSUES

Back
Top Bottom