The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 236 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

I've never had the bike long enough but I spoke to a Vstrom rider in Maine who said he got 20k miles on his and there was a detailed review with photos of 20k mile k60s. can't locate.
Gonna depend on bike, rider and surfaces.

I've never had the bike long enough but I spoke to a Vstrom rider in Maine who said he got 20k miles on his and there was a detailed review with photos of 20k mile k60s. can't locate.
And how long you are willing to ride on a dangerously worn out tire.

I've got 25km out of Metzler Tourtechs on a Vstrom - I'm up to 15K km on my latest set and they aren't 1/2 way gone. Not the greatest on really loose roads, but for the most part I'm on paved roads and I like their durability and performance.

It also depends on the bike, my bigger bikes eat tires -- I get about 10K on RP4 GTs on the fronts of my FJR, and I'm guessing 15K on the back (don't really know how long the rear would go as I always change them as a set.)

What's that got to do with anything?
....the last k60s on my Vstrom had 15,000 km on them and passed safety for the sale.
K60s could be considered "dangerous" out of the box with that center strip.
So could Dunlop 606s on the street.

You wanna buy sticky tires with no tread life go right ahead.

What's that got to do with anything?
....the last k60s on my Vstrom had 15,000 km on them and passed safety for the sale.
K60s could be considered "dangerous" out of the box with that center strip.
So could Dunlop 606s on the street.

You wanna buy sticky tires with no tread life go right ahead.
Has anyone gone to the darkside with a mudder tire on a KLR?

Is it just me or should the rear wheel be about an inch closer to the left? does not look like it follows the centre line of the bike at all.

$_59.JPG

Derp, you're 100% right

Not to my taste, but it looks to be reasonably done compared to 99% of the abortions on Kijiji.

CB750 hardtail bobber for $4500, 1975 Honda CB750 Bobber | Street, Cruisers & Choppers | Mississauga / Peel Region | Kijiji
Ok attempt. Rear wheel offset makes it a non-starter for me. After that, open headers make it a non-starter for me. The tach may not be visible from riding position and I would want to look under that bandana to make sure that nothing scary is being hidden.

Give me a nice clean stock bike with everything original from the factory, over a heavily modified(aka molested) one any day

Hey it will still look good parked outside the Starbucks and that's all that matters!
That's probably a good place for that bike. Sitting in a restaurant looking interesting but not out on the street where it would be obscenely loud with some interesting handling traits.

In addition to what’s already mentioned...that bike is not roadworthy as it stands

No turn signals
No rear brake light
No licence plate mounting bracket
No front fender or fork brace
Front brake lines left dangling between shocks and wheel (I see a rubber grommet but can’t see where it would attach)
Poorly drilled front rotors (some holes are butchered)
Battery positioned and fully exposed to the drive chain
No handlebar controls
So does the horn actually work?

Not quite sure about those carb intake boots either tbh or the seat angle/wheel clearance and lack of a rear fender.
Those clamps on the poorly wrapped pipes need to go too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom