The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 231 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

What do you guys think about this bike?

A few years ago I bought my 2008 zx6r for $5,000. Different bike, would have been newer at the time and mine had around 5,000km (original tires).

I do think they only devalue so much though.

I prefer the white...but the black one in Barrie has more goodies on it...

So buy the black one and get it wrapped. Can't be much to get two fenders and the tank done, that way you get the colour you want AND the goodies.

pair of kz650's
one appears to have the original pipes, other has period 4 into 1
look pretty clean for 70's bikes, not rust buckets
$1800

pair of kz650's
one appears to have the original pipes, other has period 4 into 1
look pretty clean for 70's bikes, not rust buckets
$1800

Those are nice bikes. Friend had one back in the day. Really nice mid-size motorcycle. Pretty easy to work on too, providing bolts/screws aren't all rusted to crap.

Nice clean big bore kawasaki...original older owner, still has the break in sticker on the tach!

At 3500 obo might be a nice find for someone who likes these older beasts.

2006 Kawasaki ZZR 1200,

While browsing through my weekly notifications, I saw thses.

Please view this ad:

Drz 400sm rims,

Price: $ 400

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Other postings I've seen go from like 800 to 1000 for drz400sm wheelset.

what's a good price?
A 2007 CBR 600RR in good shape with some extras, I think $5000 is a reasonable price. If you look at other same bikes, they are all around that price. Sometimes I think the only way a bike belongs in the Reasonably Priced thread is if the seller is just giving the bike away.
$5000 is a reasonable price for that bike. IMO

A 2007 CBR 600RR in good shape with some extras, I think $5000 is a reasonable price. If you look at other same bikes, they are all around that price. Sometimes I think the only way a bike belongs in the Reasonably Priced thread is if the seller is just giving the bike away.

I suppose there is a micro niche group of people out there willing to pay 5k for a 13 year old bike solely for track purposes

Maybe there should be another thread "underpriced motorcycles being given away"

Do I think it's worth 5k? No I don't, because the bike doesn't appeal to me so I don't see the value. If it appeals to you and it's a fair price compared to others based on condition, mods, etc. and it's a good deal to you, who cares what others think.

When I sold my ninja I received many messages offering about half of what I was asking, stating it wasn't worth it because so many others were cheaper. The guy who bought it thanked me for the deal, stating it was a great value compared to the others listed.

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, opinions will vary on what the value is.

4000$ is reasonable imo
considerably less would be a good price

some folks consider the 07/08 one of the best years...but the bikes are getting older. and no oem slipper clutch.

it definitely looks a lot better than the gen afterwards.

4000$ is reasonable imo
considerably less would be a good price

some folks consider the 07/08 one of the best years...but the bikes are getting older. and no oem slipper clutch.

Agreed, $3500 if the valves haven’t been serviced

Having said that I’d probably high ball my bike a bit when selling and end up in the overpriced thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

If we look at comparable supersports like GSXR 600 and Kawi ZX6r, they are going for way less. As in higher year, with a lower mileage.

A 13 year old vehicle, no matter how the condition is, cannot demand a such a price if comparable bikes which are 7 years old + with lower mileage are asking the same amount.

But then 600SS are weird in that way... If this bike was being quoted at 3.5K , many will skip it, as they may think it's got problems... Quite a dilemma!

It would be interesting to see the depreciation of the various 600's for the 2007/2008 models. My guess would be the R6 and the CBR600rr have a better resale value than the GSXR600 + ZX6r. Based on some quick googling it seems that the R6 and CBR600rr received better reviews at the time than the Suzuki and Kawasaki.

anecdotal but the aesthetics of the Honda and Yamaha still hold up. The 2008 Zx6r looks pretty dated at this point and i would guess most people would be looking for a GSXR750 over the 600.

I sold my 2011 Cbr600rr for 7500 back in 2014, with front/back stands and a jacket (some mods, 1 season old tire, 20k km). It was around 11k new.

That's a reasonable, if not amazing price. I probably could've asked for more but I priced it to be attractive compared to other postings.

IMO, 2007/08 one should be around 3k to be reasonable. It's a 13 yr old, very common bike... But then GTA

I suppose there is a micro niche group of people out there willing to pay 5k for a 13 year old bike solely for track purposes

If it is already track speced out with safety wiring done, forks swapped out or atleast new seals and fresh oil, motor in good condition, fairings in good condition, no signs of rash , perhaps with a set of warmers thrown in.... then yes, 5K for a 13 year old track bike is reasonable( to me).

A 13 year old bone stock bike will need addtional $$ + the 5K invested in it already to bring it up to track standards, in which case, again, this one is too pricey.

If it is already track speced out with safety wiring done, forks swapped out or atleast new seals and fresh oil, motor in good condition, fairings in good condition, no signs of rash , perhaps with a set of warmers thrown in.... then yes, 5K for a 13 year old track bike is reasonable( to me).

A 13 year old bone stock bike will need addtional $$ + the 5K invested in it already to bring it up to track standards, in which case, again, this one is too pricey.

I didnt know a 600rr needed new forks to be track ready

Back
Top Bottom