The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 347 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Your thoughts on that one. I do find very appealing...
Cool bike, dumb seller.

"Everything is installed professionally and with warranty" Umm, it's a 2014, there is no warranty here at all.

Why do some parts have time associated with them? If it's usage, why do I care about 30 minutes of use on silicone coolant hoses?

Brake pads are listed multiple times in their list

What exactly are you getting for an extra 2500? A slip on, oil filter, air filter, brake pads, windshield, led lights, and rear sets? Hell no. They'll have trouble selling most of that stuff individually for much money yet alone a package for that much.

Obligatory potato cam pictures.

I was looking at Shivers last fall. Ended up getting a TXR instead. Same thing, more or less.

Your thoughts on that one. I do find very appealing...
I think his price is out to lunch...

Maybe $6 grand for everything...

And yes, its written very odd.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I think his price is out to lunch...

Maybe $6 grand for everything...

And yes, its written very odd.

I am not on top of shiver prices but I was thinking more like you. All of that pile of stuff needs to be thrown in with a reasonable offer for the bike. I'd be pretty surprised if he managed to get $1000 for his pile of stuff and he's more likely to get a few hundred but he wants you to buy it all for $2500. If you are making people take it all, you need to give them a discount off the partout price because they are doing the work. If his spares pile is priced to the moon, what are the odds that his bike is priced properly?

I suspect English is not his primary language...he comes across as someone with a lot of attention to detail

I suspect English is not his primary language...he comes across as someone with a lot of attention to detail
Really he is pretty much the kijiji standard for nowadays. However, despite de bs, the bike is cool, i like the shiver, and even the exhaust installed is nice. Reminds me of the b king.

Aprilia's are great. Never owned one but, several friends have, and no problems.

Shiver and dosoduro use the older Rotax v-twin. Pretty bullet proof. Thirsty bikes though.

And a lot more of everything than a CBR whatever. Lol

Have to ask about this
What is going on with RC51 values?
They are knocking on $10 grand and way up
Saw an 06 from US for $16000 CAD on FB Marketplace
Ad was gone after a week
I am a fan having owned 2 myself
The insurance was Litre Superbike money
Is there a discount on old bikes over 20 years old?
If yes, name and phone number of insurance company please

Have to ask about this
What is going on with RC51 values?
They are knocking on $10 grand and way up
Saw an 06 from US for $16000 CAD on FB Marketplace
Ad was gone after a week
I am a fan having owned 2 myself
The insurance was Litre Superbike money
Is there a discount on old bikes over 20 years old?
If yes, name and phone number of insurance company please

My guess is it's folks who were young in the late-'90s and early-'00s (guilty) and couldn't afford one (or the insurance) then buying now to relive their superbike golden age. Also, many are figuring out that a 180+ bhp computer is a lot of work, and a simple, torquey motor at 120 bhp can be a lot more fun. Also also, modern sportbikes are ugly.

The RC51 is no RC30 or RC45 (hence the real SP-1/SP-2 name in Europe), but it does have some of that old HRC magic that the new CBRRR can only dream about. Magnesium covers, chain driven cams, and an overbuilt quality that oozes Honda class.

Having bought a beat RC for a track bike, the price gap between minters and beaters is massive. If you can find one all stock, it'll sell for a fortune, though an OG Akra will add lots of value. Mine's uninsured, so can't speak to insurance, but a 2000 model will be hitting classic status in a couple of years..

Back
Top Bottom