The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 278 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Better to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission, Shane.
She has definitely helped me from making some pretty dumb decisions in the past! I'd be dead or in jail if not for her smarts.

However I actually showed her a bunch of bikes that I am interested in. Of all the bikes I showed her, (and her not knowing anything about them) she likes the SuperDukeGT the best which would probably land me in jail or dead.

Last edited:
She has definitely helped me from making some pretty dumb decisions in the past! I'd be dead or in jail if not for her smarts.

However I actually showed her a bunch of bikes that I am interested in. Of all the bikes I showed her, (and her not knowing anything about them) she likes the SuperDukeGT the best which would probably land me in jail or dead.
not gonna lie, requires self discipline when riding orange hulk, but you're old enough
and cruise control helps with boredom induced throttling and any potential speeding tickets.

not gonna lie, requires self discipline when riding orange hulk, but you're old enough
and cruise control helps with boredom induced throttling and any potential speeding tickets.
Not gonna lie, what's the point then? I'd rather whip a midsize bike than puddle around on a liter plus bike locked into cruise to keep speeds steady...
How is that any fun?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, what's the point then? I'd rather whip a midsize bike than puddle around on a liter plus bike locked into cruise to keep speeds steady...
How is that any fun?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
I only use cruise control out on the highway, but whenever I do open it up, boy is it fun!
Ripping around, overtaking traffic, etc that throttle is an instant dopamine happy button

Sometimes I think of getting something more like a tracer GT or a multistrada 950, the newer ones have everything performance and electronic wise, and ergonomically that I will need, it might even be a better more well rounded motorcycle

there is some truth to what you say, but even on a middleweight, it doesnt take long to exceed legal speeds, maybe we should all get a 125 like brian?

Some day I will be old enough to do the whole ride 'slow bike fast' thing, but until then, weeee!

Not a bike but bike related.
For those in the Ottawa area, this is a great deal.

1618959870248.png

Motorcycle lift. Hydrologic and manual.
Good price

I only use cruise control out on the highway, but whenever I do open it up, boy is it fun!
Ripping around, overtaking traffic, etc that throttle is an instant dopamine happy button

Sometimes I think of getting something more like a tracer GT or a multistrada 950, the newer ones have everything performance and electronic wise, and ergonomically that I will need, it might even be a better more well rounded motorcycle

there is some truth to what you say, but even on a middleweight, it doesnt take long to exceed legal speeds, maybe we should all get a 125 like brian?

Some day I will be old enough to do the whole ride 'slow bike fast' thing, but until then, weeee!

Have to agree. When I was street riding my 998, it had so much torque (to me). I loved blipping the throttle to get that instant rush of acceleration. I have to say, since moving down to the 821, even with the lighter weight, lower gearing, and electronic controls, I still miss the raw power of the 998 - there really is no replacement for displacement. I've had evil thoughts of swapping the 998 motor into the Hyper, after swapping the 1198 motor into the 998...

Riding a CBR125 for half a season is what got me to buy an SXV. The CBR was slow, but the light weight made it a riot in corners. I was imagining how much more fun it would be if it had more power with the same weight, which led me to the SXV with 4x power and a little less weight to boot.

I hate that saying about it being more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow - it's an old adage from the days when fast bikes had to trade maximum power for low speed civility. That's all been cured with modern technology, as your SuperDuke will attest to, and so riding a fast bike slow is no longer laborious. All things being equal, if you can ride a bike to a certain speed, I'd rather it were a fast bike than a slow one and have the extra oomph if/when I need/want it.

Have to agree. When I was street riding my 998, it had so much torque (to me). I loved blipping the throttle to get that instant rush of acceleration. I have to say, since moving down to the 821, even with the lighter weight, lower gearing, and electronic controls, I still miss the raw power of the 998 - there really is no replacement for displacement. I've had evil thoughts of swapping the 998 motor into the Hyper, after swapping the 1198 motor into the 998...

Riding a CBR125 for half a season is what got me to buy an SXV. The CBR was slow, but the light weight made it a riot in corners. I was imagining how much more fun it would be if it had more power with the same weight, which led me to the SXV with 4x power and a little less weight to boot.

I hate that saying about it being more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow - it's an old adage from the days when fast bikes had to trade maximum power for low speed civility. That's all been cured with modern technology, as your SuperDuke will attest to, and so riding a fast bike slow is no longer laborious. All things being equal, if you can ride a bike to a certain speed, I'd rather it were a fast bike than a slow one and have the extra oomph if/when I need/want it.
Firepower on 2 wheels is like firepower with a trigger

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Back
Top Bottom