The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

might be able to make the ride on thursday

Is the first cruise night at Royal Dist. in Guelph on Thursday? Maybe we'll do a zip around, through Maryhill etc, pop in to see what's going on for 10-15 minutes and be on our way again?
Just a thought - they sometimes have special sale items those nights.

Do they have BBQ? I'd be tempted to come in to work a bit late, stay until 6:15ish and meet up for the ride without dinner if we stop for some BBQ action. But yeah, definitely a short stop. Maybe if they still have some I can grab some more of the thicker knee sliders at 50% off.

Do they have BBQ? I'd be tempted to come in to work a bit late, stay until 6:15ish and meet up for the ride without dinner if we stop for some BBQ action. But yeah, definitely a short stop. Maybe if they still have some I can grab some more of the thicker knee sliders at 50% off.

It says they BBQ, but not sure what.

I may take my bike to work Thursday, but I wont be done work till like 7ish. I'll probably pass by Royal to see if you guys are there.

Yes they have food but it is better to get there near the end as that is when they give stuff away. I went twice last year and got a helmet and something else I can't remember.

What time do you guys meet on thursdays....? I'm not working this thursday (hurray!) and was thinking about joining you for a ride.

Cheers

We normally meet at 6:30pm, Tim Horton's on the corner of University and Bridge Street. Parking lot between the Timmy's and Bridge street.

Sure, Dave, we can have the BBQ there....
Want to check a helmet and pant size when we're there too. Dropped my bucket once last year, and again last week (this time watched it hit the porch step, bounce of the next and then go crashing to the patio stones at the bottom). Not too sure if I trust it any more....

We normally meet at 6:30pm, Tim Horton's on the corner of University and Bridge Street. Parking lot between the Timmy's and Bridge street.

Sure, Dave, we can have the BBQ there....
Want to check a helmet and pant size when we're there too. Dropped my bucket once last year, and again last week (this time watched it hit the porch step, bounce of the next and then go crashing to the patio stones at the bottom). Not too sure if I trust it any more....

No pressure on the bbq. I'm sure it will be busy like hell there so if we want to cruise in, quick shop and cruise out that's cool. I can grab some timmies before we head out too.

I'm riding to work tomorrow and I'm hoping to scrub some more chicken ***** off my tires with the hot temps so we need to find some good twisties on thursday too ;)

I'm riding to work tomorrow and I'm hoping to scrub some more chicken ***** off my tires with the hot temps so we need to find some good twisties on thursday too ;)

What new tires did you end up with anyways? put them on yourself or take the wheels/bike to a shop?
The temps today were amazing for getting tires all sticky - couldn't believe how HOT my Pilot Pures got today. No slippage whatsoever! Temps are dropping to the low 20's for the rest of the week again.

As for twisties, best ones out that way that I can think of are the ones out near Maryhill...

Thursday works out great. I can meet you guys at Royal. Maybe we can do some nice twities just north of Guelph.

What new tires did you end up with anyways?

haha... still didn't get any new tires. I'm still talking about the 2007's I have on there ;)

As for twisties, best ones out that way that I can think of are the ones out near Maryhill...

Yeah, and north of Guelph out of Eramosa. Not too many twisties in general in this area... Need to head a few hundred k north-east. :)

Hey, thanks for the reminder. You're right, the bike nights in Guelph start tonight. Sweet.

May have to try and find time for this tonight.

630 university and bridge?

alright.. i hope i can keep up with you guys :)

what time are u guys leaving? 630, or shortly after(sorry for all the questions)

Don't worry at all about keeping up, ever. We don't ride crazy but either way just ride your comfort zone. We will always wait at stops for the group. I think I will ride sweep tonight.

We usually hang around for a bit past 6:30 chatting or waiting for more. Pretty relaxed.

Great ride guys! little cold near the end, but it was all good!

Great ride! Nice turnout this time

Definitely got a chill on the highway in the last few kms. Great night out though!

Nice to meet you guys tonight!
Sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself before we got to Royal....I guess that's the price to pay when running late.
If everything works out, I'll see you again in 2 weeks.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom