The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Re: The Official 2011 Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread.

I'm still going to chance it. We can meet and decide on route and length of ride, contingency plans, etc. ;)

Ah.... I got flu... I cant make today's ride..
Sorry guys!
But see you on monday!

And my reserve light came on as I pulled into my complex.....nice to meet the guys I didn't meet before, didn't catch the name of the guy with the 1000RR though.

Thanks for leading Dave.

No problem Danny. Too bad you couldn't hang out longer. Only 3 of us made it all the way to sr15.

The weather turned out great tonight! Great ride guys, thanks for coming out.

Had a previous engagement this week will be out next week for sure. Glad you had a good time.

Hey dave....
What was the route you took today?

Hey great ride guys, I left to go to charcoal steakhouse and had an awesome prime rib for my my bday , the route was great too haven't done those roads before we should do that again

Tim, we went out through Conestogo, line 86 to Ariss, then up to hwy6. Went behind Guelph Lakes to Eramosa, down to hwy7, down Watson Rd to sideroad 20 (under construction to "fix" the best curves on that road! grr) down Guelph line to sideroad 15. Went almost to Trafalgar and back on sr15 then down to sr5 and Campbellville. By that time it was about 8:30 so we just slabbed it home on the 401. Getting off the 401 at Homer Watson my brain was in track "sense of speed" mode and I almost took the second half of the ramp at 120 before I realised "Hey, street mode, slow down!" haha...

The route to get to SR20/15 was a bit boring just to save time and get there asap, but it still wasn't quick enough and we were down to 3 riders by the end. That's more of a Saturday route I guess. Take some time and hit a few more roads like the covered bridge rd, that other road that goes towards Maryhill and then head around Guelph Lakes. Also heading down to Cedar Creek and Snake Rd after Campbellville is good.

Hey Doozer (as in Fraggle Rock Doozers? - hehehehe)

Looks like you're being voluntold to lead another ride. ;-)
Here's a link to a big map -- we should see about hitting up one of the closer rides. http://shanekingsley.com/Two Wheeling/ontario_bikeroads.jpg
The New Dundee / Huron Rd. way out to Shakespeare is supposed to be OK.

If anyone is interested, I'm considering getting a ride up to the family cottage in Wiarton organized sometime this summer.
Head up on a Saturday, come back on a Sunday. Cottage has room 3 couples or 3 singles. If you want to bring a wife or something, there's plenty of space for tents. Some nice riding for the scenery up that way.

Anyone potentially interested?

Hey Doozer (as in Fraggle Rock Doozers? - hehehehe)

Looks like you're being voluntold to lead another ride. ;-)
Here's a link to a big map -- we should see about hitting up one of the closer rides. http://shanekingsley.com/Two Wheeling/ontario_bikeroads.jpg
The New Dundee / Huron Rd. way out to Shakespeare is supposed to be OK.

If anyone is interested, I'm considering getting a ride up to the family cottage in Wiarton organized sometime this summer.
Head up on a Saturday, come back on a Sunday. Cottage has room 3 couples or 3 singles. If you want to bring a wife or something, there's plenty of space for tents. Some nice riding for the scenery up that way.

Anyone potentially interested?

haha.. yes, Fragglerock doozer.
123882578_6dfb40c75d_t.jpg

That's a crazy map! I've actually been working on some local routes and I want to check out some stuff around Paris. You know the Wrigley Rd, Sprague Rd, Glen Morris Rd route, then from the West River Rd and East River Rd. Maybe I'll give that a run tomorrow to see if what it's like. I can't tell from Google Maps if it's all paved or not. haha... I'm not sure if I'll have time to get out tomorrow though.

A cottage ride sounds interesting. My SV isn't as good as it used to be for luggage but for overnight I can get away with just a backpack.

Forecast for tomorrow looks uninviting at the moment.
Hope it clears up. If it's not raining and looking half decent, I'll be at the regular Tim Horton's at 1pm for anyone else who wants to go for a ride.

T.

p.s. got in a nice ride today - finished scrubbing in my new rubber (Michelin Pilot Pures - were awfully squirmy to begin with).

Hey Tim, I'm not going to be able to make it today. Two reasons, one good, one bad. My brother in law invited us over for a bbq this afternoon, that's the good. ;) The bad is that I was installing my new Factory Pro shift star kit and while putting it back together I broke the friggin clutch hub! So I have to source a replacement...

Hey Guys... I've been floating the idea of a trip to the Dragon with a few people, and several seem to be interested.
Dates: Between July 9 - 22. Duration: 5 days (maybe a night more). Plan - leave early Monday a.m., arrive evening (12-14 hour drive). Ride Tuesday to Thursday, return on Friday.
Options: Leave Sunday afternoon, drive half way, night in motel, arrive Monday early afternoon, ride half day.
Transportation: I've got a Ford Ranger with a cap on the back and access to a 2 bike trailer (gear in back, bikes on trailer - it's only a 4 cylinder, so a bike in the back wouldn't be a good idea). If anyone has a full size pick up, we could probably throw 2 bikes in the back, 2 on the trailer. Would more than likely need another support vehicle for people and gear etc.

SpyRadar's indicated he's interested, and so is one of his friends. I've got a guy who's 50/50, and another from Hamilton who's more than likely in (depending on an issue or 2 -- may have a larger trailer, not certain).

So, chime in!

Hey Guys... I've been floating the idea of a trip to the Dragon with a few people, and several seem to be interested.
Dates: Between July 9 - 22. Duration: 5 days (maybe a night more). Plan - leave early Monday a.m., arrive evening (12-14 hour drive). Ride Tuesday to Thursday, return on Friday.
Options: Leave Sunday afternoon, drive half way, night in motel, arrive Monday early afternoon, ride half day.
Transportation: I've got a Ford Ranger with a cap on the back and access to a 2 bike trailer (gear in back, bikes on trailer - it's only a 4 cylinder, so a bike in the back wouldn't be a good idea). If anyone has a full size pick up, we could probably throw 2 bikes in the back, 2 on the trailer. Would more than likely need another support vehicle for people and gear etc.

SpyRadar's indicated he's interested, and so is one of his friends. I've got a guy who's 50/50, and another from Hamilton who's more than likely in (depending on an issue or 2 -- may have a larger trailer, not certain).

So, chime in!

If we have 4 people, we can use my car to carry one passanger and our gears.

I found a used clutch hub in Waterloo and got my bike back together today. I'll ride it tomorrow to see if the pain was worth the gain with the new shift star. Thursday kinda looks like crap this week...

The Gap... honestly, the idea of riding at The Gap scares me. I know I'd be tempted to push it... haha... I sure wouldn't want to ride there with my street tires on, in case I make a mistake and need to crank it way over. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.

Shouldn't let the Gap scare you... apparently it's pretty heavily patrolled and is known to have radar traps on a regular basis. Ride smart and things will be OK I'm sure!
Didn't you just put new tires on your bike recently anyways?

Hoping to have all this sorted out by Sunday afternoon/evening.

Ride on thursday looks doubtful - thundershowers in the forecast.

The Gap is a blast to ride but easy to over do it on. I have only been once and had a great time.

What time tommorow night are you thinking of heading out at Dave? I might be interested if the weather is good.

Back
Top Bottom