The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 292 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I had a reasonable quote from Mitchel & Whale last year we maybe try them? I'm not sure who the underwriter was

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks guys for all the advice.
I called TD, Desjardins and I'm with Riders plus.
Desjardins was the cheapest, until I told Rider's plus, it was a slice but I'm leaving, then they dropped the price again LOL!
Both the VFR 800 and my 82 cafe racer aprox $1400 yr

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421_120102_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421_120102_com.android.chrome.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20210428_125812.jpg
    Screenshot_20210428_125812.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210421_120102_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421_120102_com.android.chrome.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 13
Good twisties on a 3 hour ride? Go northeast. Lots of very nice roads up around Grand Valley, Shelburne and north of there.
Thanks Katatonic, definitely will Google map road view and plan a trip.
The problem with southern Ontario is all the straight flat roads to get to the good twisties.
It takes me almost 2 hours to get to Forks of the credit! My route takes me through twisties with few flat straight runs! Campbellville, George Town, etc...

Thanks guys for all the advice.
I called TD, Desjardins and I'm with Riders plus.
Desjardins was the cheapest, until I told Rider's plus, it was a slice but I'm leaving, then they dropped the price again LOL!
Both the VFR 800 and my 82 cafe racer aprox $1400 yr

I would have left them on principle. "Here's your new rate, sorry that's the best we can do. Oh, you're leaving because you found it cheaper elsewhere? Well, we actually do have room to negotiate..."

I would have left them on principle. "Here's your new rate, sorry that's the best we can do. Oh, you're leaving because you found it cheaper elsewhere? Well, we actually do have room to negotiate..."
I hear ya, but Desjardin said they might require an inspection of my cafe racer, didn't want to take a chance! They are all hung up on customize and modifications.
As you can see my cafe has a 2005 Honda fireblade front end, which is way better than the stock one (suspension and brakes-it was for safety Lol) they will probably ding me for that.

The problem with southern Ontario is all the straight flat roads to get to the good twisties.
It takes me almost 2 hours to get to Forks of the credit! My route takes me through twisties with few flat straight runs! Campbellville, George Town, etc...
Next time we do our run to Hockley valley you'll have to tagalong. It's about 3 hours from northern Waterloo with a break at Hockley.
Has some of the nicest roads in our area, hands down. Maybe do the extended version with a quick zip through Hawkesville and area first.

Sure, there are some straight stretches, but there are a few long sweepers that make life interesting. ;-)

Next time we do our run to Hockley valley you'll have to tagalong. It's about 3 hours from northern Waterloo with a break at Hockley.
Has some of the nicest roads in our area, hands down. Maybe do the extended version with a quick zip through Hawkesville and area first.

Sure, there are some straight stretches, but there are a few long sweepers that make life interesting. ;-)
Now that sounds like fun...drop a .GPX file, so those of us who know we can't keep up don't waste your time?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Now that sounds like fun...drop a .GPX file, so those of us who know we can't keep up don't waste your time?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Nobody gets left behind. Period.
If you fall back through a sweeper or a few twisties, you’ll easily get back with the group before the next corners. And worst case scenario the group will wait at the next stop sign or turn.

That would be great, just give me a few days notice to make sure I don't plan anything. I don't mind riding for a few hours. Rob

Nobody gets left behind. Period.
If you fall back through a sweeper or a few twisties, you’ll easily get back with the group before the next corners. And worst case scenario the group will wait at the next stop sign or turn.
That's true good rider etiquette, I usually slow right down on straight aways waiting for other riders. When I lead (or I know the road but other riders don't) I tap the the brakes rapidly to notify the group of sharp corners.

Good twisties on a 3 hour ride? Go northeast. Lots of very nice roads up around Grand Valley, Shelburne and north of there.
I am missing "lots" of good roads. I can only think of the few bends south and north of Grand Valley itself.

Is there room for one more on this ride? I'm always open to learn new roads.

Check out some of these route I mapped out a while ago. I've been meaning to get out for a street ride for some time but it's been a little chaotic for the past few weeks. I've only gotten out on street once this year so far but hoping to get out more once this damn rain stops...

Anyone been out to 15th side road near Campbellsville? It's been a while, ever since they tar and chipped it a couple years ago. I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile or not?

Anyone been out to 15th side road near Campbellsville? It's been a while, ever since they tar and chipped it a couple years ago. I'm just wondering if it's worthwhile or not?

I was out there last year (end of summer) some rough spots and some new pavement, but I have ridden worse.

Ok, I'm just putting out there, Sunday will be 22 degrees with 40%chance of rain.
The plan is solo or preferred with company. I will be departing from Cambridge, Campbellville, (side Rd 15) George Town to forks of the credit.
Social distancing and masks will be in place.
Planning to depart Sunday morning 9-10am. Must like corners, some speeds bursts and handle 1hr straight of riding, will stop at occasional Tim Hortons for drink and piss.
IM me if your interested
PS no hooligans stuff

I would like to get out tomorrow, even if only for a short ride. I haven’t been out on the big slow one in a couple of weeks so it could use a good run.

We will keep an eye on the % chance of rain, they are calling for 60% in the afternoon. Maybe a short run in the morning
That's possible for me. Where's the meeting point and route?

Tom Hortons on holiday Inn drive, Cambridge by the SAIL store just off the 401.9-10am
If the weather changes for the better I was thinking- Cambridge- Cambelville- side Rd 15- George Town- forks of the credit and then back through Erin and Guelph.
If the weather is going to be bad in the afternoon. Cambridge, st George, Burlington/Waterdown (snake Rd) and back

Back
Top Bottom