The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 291 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

I was out for a quick little ride yesterday and had a gentleman on RSV4 Tuono with an SC Project exhaust tag along on Fountain and Victoria St. Anyone on here?

I was out for a quick little ride yesterday and had a gentleman on RSV4 Tuono with an SC Project exhaust tag along on Fountain and Victoria St. Anyone on here?
I don't think too many use this site to setup rides anymore.
I'm a rider from Cambridge, send me an IM, I usually ride Sundays.
Rob

I don't think too many use this site to setup rides anymore.
I'm a rider from Cambridge, send me an IM, I usually ride Sundays.
Rob
Correct... not many use this sub forum for organizing rides anymore. We use to have rides of 12-15 people regularly, with the maximum being around 30. People generally got dumb, and the regulars left.

The dumbness was contagious. Wheelies everywhere, riding irresponsibly and the likes. Riding over their skill levels in attempts to impress etc.

If you want a hooligan group that's "try to keep up, we won't come back looking for you if you crash", there's a local FB group that takes care of that style of riding.

Correct... not many use this sub forum for organizing rides anymore. We use to have rides of 12-15 people regularly, with the maximum being around 30. People generally got dumb, and the regulars left.

The dumbness was contagious. Wheelies everywhere, riding irresponsibly and the likes. Riding over their skill levels in attempts to impress etc.

If you want a hooligan group that's "try to keep up, we won't come back looking for you if you crash", there's a local FB group that takes care of that style of riding.
I’m aware this sub forum is pretty dead. I’ve been on a few of those rides about 8-10 years ago lol. This guy seemed like an “older” dude so I wasn’t sure if he was one of the “regulars”.

I’m aware this sub forum is pretty dead. I’ve been on a few of those rides about 8-10 years ago lol. This guy seemed like an “older” dude so I wasn’t sure if he was one of the “regulars”.
Nah. The older riders in general were pretty skilled from track experience, and tried the best to help newer riders out.

Riot act was given each ride. If it's too fast, don't try to keep up. We will wait. Etc etc. Regularly broke it up into 2 groups for newer and experienced riders.

Word got out. Macho newbies and the typical "crotch rocket jack@sses" started showing up.

After that, it went to poop. People stopped coming out because they didn't want to be associated with the punks. Group ride posts died shortly thereafter.

Me, I've got a few friends I ride with now. If I'm comfortable at 250km/h into a braking zone side by side with them on track, I'm more than ok with them with me on street.

Jollies out on track. Keep it reasonable elsewhere.

Nah. The older riders in general were pretty skilled from track experience, and tried the best to help newer riders out.

Riot act was given each ride. If it's too fast, don't try to keep up. We will wait. Etc etc. Regularly broke it up into 2 groups for newer and experienced riders.

Word got out. Macho newbies and the typical "crotch rocket jack@sses" started showing up.

After that, it went to poop. People stopped coming out because they didn't want to be associated with the punks. Group ride posts died shortly thereafter.

Me, I've got a few friends I ride with now. If I'm comfortable at 250km/h into a braking zone side by side with them on track, I'm more than ok with them with me on street.

Jollies out on track. Keep it reasonable elsewhere.
I hear ya, I'm 48 don't do wheelies, most I do on country road straight aways is150-160kms short spurts. I need my license to go to work Monday morning. That being said you won't see me hit the brakes hard in corners, thats where I live. My 82 cafe racer has left 20 year olds on cbrs600 wondering where I went and how fast. Burlington snake Rd is one of my favorites. Forks of the ceedit is ok, but we have just as good twisties locally.
I have no time for hooligans nor do I want to be associated with them.
Just last weekend weekend I saw a inexperienced Harley fly through the air into a farm field in a corner... He was ok, this time

I hear ya, I'm 48 don't do wheelies, most I do on country road straight aways is150-160kms short spurts. I need my license to go to work Monday morning. That being said you won't see me hit the brakes hard in corners, thats where I live. My 82 cafe racer has left 20 year olds on cbrs600 wondering where I went and how fast. Burlington snake Rd is one of my favorites. Forks of the ceedit is ok, but we have just as good twisties locally.
I have no time for hooligans nor do I want to be associated with them.
Just last weekend weekend I saw a inexperienced Harley fly through the air into a farm field in a corner... He was ok, this time

If you want to ride like a ********* on the streets, there’s the KSR group for that. For the riding you’re describing, that tends to be more the norm for people who want to be around in 10 years.

If you want to ride like a ********* on the streets, there’s the KSR group for that. For the riding you’re describing, that tends to be more the norm for people who want to be around in 10 years.
I called my insurance, looking at Kawasaki ZX9R, I have no tickets, 6 star driver(highest you can have) 48 years old and they still quoted me $1539 yearly.
I said why?, They said" it's not you, it's the bike and what people do with them" it's the A**hats do wheelies and speeding down busy roads causing my insurance to go up.
Riders plus, straight out rejects anything with a "R, X in it's model name.
I'm going to have to buy a goldwing and turbo it, to have cheap bike insurance and a fast bike.

I called my insurance, looking at Kawasaki ZX9R, I have no tickets, 6 star driver(highest you can have) 48 years old and they still quoted me $1539 yearly.
I said why?, They said" it's not you, it's the bike and what people do with them" it's the A**hats do wheelies and speeding down busy roads causing my insurance to go up.
I'm going to have to buy a goldwing and turbo it, to have cheap bike insurance and a fast bike.

Get a quote on a Tuono V4 1100. If it’s anything like my experience it’ll be surprisingly affordable. It costs less to insure than my Versys 1000.....
There are a few bikes that seem to slip under the radar and are extremely good, especially when comparing insurance rates.

I called my insurance, looking at Kawasaki ZX9R, I have no tickets, 6 star driver(highest you can have) 48 years old and they still quoted me $1539 yearly. (...)
Try giving the Co-Operators a call, I found them to be quite competitive especially when bundling home/auto. I got a very competitive rate with them on an '18 MT09 (Sub $1000/year). Also have a clean driving record and full G for 5+ years as well as M. Another company I have heard good things about is TD. Might be worth a shot, good luck!
Maybe look into a Z900 instead? In my opinion, would make a better/more usable street bike. I test drove one when I was considering it vs the MT but the motor of the MT won me over.

This is a quick quote I got (based on my specifics) from TD in 2019 when we discussed this same topic. Note the Z900 that everyone thinks would be cheaper is actually $500 more, or 50%:

2017 Z900 $1571
2016 Tuono V4 RR $1050

Ouch... Glad to hear he as OK.
What "twisties" do you like in the KW area? By Hawkesville, Conestoga Lake, Middlebrook Road, Maryhill... that's the best in the immediate area.. and of course, Scenic Dr. near Paris.

What "twisties" do you like in the KW area? By Hawkesville, Conestoga Lake, Middlebrook Road, Maryhill... that's the best in the immediate area.. and of course, Scenic Dr. near Paris.
The best roads in Ontario are in Tennessee.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

9s are actually a great street bike. I haven't received the renewal this year, $650 for a VFR1200 w/ statefarm, clean, 37. Half way between a sport bike and a tourer. It's terrible at both but somehow I like it. Below the radar and a phenomenal V4.

I had a reasonable quote from Mitchel & Whale last year we maybe try them? I'm not sure who the underwriter was

This is a quick quote I got (based on my specifics) from TD in 2019 when we discussed this same topic. Note the Z900 that everyone thinks would be cheaper is actually $500 more, or 50%:

2017 Z900 $1571
2016 Tuono V4 RR $1050

2020 Z900 1900/year
2020 Honda CB1000R - 2300
2020 Yamaha MT09 - 1,800
2020 Speed triple RS - 2300
Used VFR were pricey also 200s
Ninja 1000 SX was almost 3000

Ended up with the z900 for now. It got down to 1600s after discounts

I have ticket(s)

I wish the Ninja 1000 was in the 1500s because I want to tour more than just speed

Last edited by a moderator:
2020 Z900 1900/year
2020 Honda CB1000R - 2300
2020 Yamaha MT09 - 1,800
2020 Speed triple RS - 2300
Used VFR were pricey also 200s
Ninja 1000 SX was almost 3000

Ended up with the z900 for now. It got down to 1600s after discounts

I have ticket(s)

I wish the Ninja 1000 was in the 1500s because I want to tour more than just speed
You must have a colourful record for a vfr to be that high.
Not to be insulting - please don't take it that way... but have you considered a smaller bike for a bit till the tickets clear?

I'm paying under $1K for me KTM RC8r with the bundling....

*edit - added bundling line.

You must have a colourful record for a vfr to be that high.
Not to be insulting - please don't take it that way... but have you considered a smaller bike for a bit till the tickets clear?

I'm paying under $1K for me KTM RC8r with the bundling....

*edit - added bundling line.

My sv650 was still 1200 (old broker) + inflated motorcycle resale value so I just went for the z900 (new broker got it down to 1600s)

Insurance makes no sense

Hey Bigevil, the accident happen in Burlington/waterdown-York Rd (90 degree bend) on the way to snake Rd.
As for rides, I reside in Cambridge and spent countless of work hours (lol) mapping various routes of twisty roads from here to; Burlington/Oakville, Cambelville, forks of the credit, etc... My favorite and only App Calimoto.
My usual rides are min 3 hrs with a stop, roads like;governors road, snake Rd, scenic, Britannia, Derry, sulphur springs, old Guelph, twist Rd, etc... some are fast, some are just fun and technical.
I never really explored Waterloo except for northfield and the odd cruise to a Tims and back. Thought everything is flat and straight out the St Jacobs area?!?
If you know good twisties please share!!

Hey Bigevil, the accident happen in Burlington/waterdown-York Rd (90 degree bend) on the way to snake Rd.
As for rides, I reside in Cambridge and spent countless of work hours (lol) mapping various routes of twisty roads from here to; Burlington/Oakville, Cambelville, forks of the credit, etc... My favorite and only App Calimoto.
My usual rides are min 3 hrs with a stop, roads like;governors road, snake Rd, scenic, Britannia, Derry, sulphur springs, old Guelph, twist Rd, etc... some are fast, some are just fun and technical.
I never really explored Waterloo except for northfield and the odd cruise to a Tims and back. Thought everything is flat and straight out the St Jacobs area?!?
If you know good twisties please share!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210428_121908_com.calimoto.calimoto.jpg
    Screenshot_20210428_121908_com.calimoto.calimoto.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 19

Back
Top Bottom