The lies we tell about motorcycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

The lies we tell about motorcycles

Clutt-225

Just watched a video about this and thought it was funny.
Like ie
I will save money on gas so it’s worth it.
I won’t ride over the speed limit.
I’m done buying gear.

Or my personal lie

Sweetie it’s a dual sport, it has big square boxes on the sides. It’s for meandering through the woods and just cruising around. It’s not like a sport bike at all. :censored:

Proceeds to purchase KTM 1190 Adventure :love:

I will never quit riding.

Bikes, boats, cars and whatever hobby you choose.

The biggie is telling the wife the parts/accessories you are picking up or delivered are just a few bucks.

If she found out the actual amount spent, she would kill us!

And I find when a fellow passes and the wife is looking to sell those priceless investments of said items are worth a 10th of what he told her. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJM
I made the deal with my wife before getting married. Whatever I spend on my bikes, cars, boats and snowmobiles is what she can spend on hair, nails and clothes.

That deal has worked since 1986. I can't believe how expensive air and nails are!

Told her i was getting a couple of little led lights to make the Ducati safer.$860 later, lol.

Well the wife knows what I paid for the KTM as she wrote the check.
She knows the insane cost to insure is because she pays the bill.
But helmets, jackets and other accessories as well as two rather expensive mountain bikes that she believes were $1000 each.
Yup there has been a few things that had to have the cost slightly altered.

Actually whenever i slip, she says "and these are the types of things you don't tell me" (as in just don't tell me that please, i dont want to worry about you)

LOL...you guys are funny...in my case, it's me that spends the most on bike stuff...hubby could care less about his bike...he rides it and that's all...i get all crazy eyed and go weird when i see it and even more so when i ride... :)

My wife knows everything :|

wait .... that can't be right .... :unsure:nope, she knows everything.

LOL...you guys are funny...in my case, it's me that spends the most on bike stuff...hubby could care less about his bike...he rides it and that's all...i get all crazy eyed and go weird when i see it and even more so when i ride... :)

About 20yrs or so ago I replaced one red kawi with another red kawii...he didn't notice I had switched bikes. Perfect.

Latest to the wife:

- That's not a new bike, I just painted an old one.

- By the time winter comes there should be room for your car in the garage.

just one of the many things that needs to be worked out before hitching
continued riding can be an important one
right up there with little ones

no difference between men and women on this
priorities need to be understood to avoid drama later

I would not have had a non pro-motorcycle spouse. I make the $, I get to spend it. Besides, I'm the more conservative spender.

Bikes, boats, cars and whatever hobby you choose.

The biggie is telling the wife the parts/accessories you are picking up or delivered are just a few bucks.

If she found out the actual amount spent, she would kill us!

lies.jpg

I'm fortunate though...
My wife actually stopped in at the bank to pick up the draft for my FJR when I bought it....
No need/desire to cover up the true cost of stuff...

• Haha
Reactions: DJM
Yes hun....sold the bike...I'm done riding for a long time now....no just checking out to see what's out there in the bike world...

Reactions: J_F
Honestly, we have one car.
We can't afford another car + its maintenance + insurance to have it sit in the garage most of the time
We can't really afford go transit all year long.
$15 of gas per week is reasonable.
Parking is free downtown where i work.
I ride as long as its 0 degrees + and no snow on the ground. (so that usually makes it a blackout period from december 1st to april 1st)

She gets full use of the car 90% of the time.
I get home faster than with go transit and without having to follow a specific schedule.

And i get to use the same excuses for riding my bicycle to work.
But it's even CHEAPER. And i can add the fitness benefits on top of it.

My wife owns a largish sailboat, care and feeding, dock/crane/winterstrorage/insurance/bottom washes costs 10K yr, that's before you even go sailing and break some stuff. What I spend on bikes is a blip on the radar.

but I have bought/sold/traded many avoiding the awkward conversation of true costs. We are both happier pretending not to notice.

I make my own money. He makes his. I spend mine, he spends his. Common stuff outta a common bank account.

I don't touch his guns, he doesn't touch my bikes. None of his (or my) business on what we pay for stuff so it's a moot point in our household

Back
Top Bottom