The downfall of the West is upon us. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The downfall of the West is upon us.

Diversity = less whites and getting rid of whites. Diversity in the workforce is only an issue when its whites over-represented. When its Asian over representation, nobody bats an eye.
We are all not starting at the same point. There are plenty of white people struggling all over this country, who are not wealthy. There are foreigners who dont even live here who have made tens of millions of dollars in our RE market. There are people who came here yesterday and own multiple properties.
The most privileged people Ive met are young foreign "students" whose houses are paid off before they even graduate university.

HR departments, under the influence of the government telling corporations to hire "minorities" if they have 50% of the qualifications of the white/Asian candidates is a farce.

Just because you started ahead in the race doesnt mean everyone else who looks like you did.
Kind of concerning that someone who works in Aerospace Eng feels its completely fine to hire based on race rather than merit.

The downfall is slowly coming. You dont see it because you, like most Canadians, are asleep.

Yes, there are disadvantaged white people - this does not mean we can't try to build an equitable system

Yes, the system is imperfect (re: foreign investment in real estate) but that also does not mean we can't try to build an equitable system

Yes, I am in aerospace engineering, and I believe a team with a diverse background is a strength. No, I never said it was completely fine to hire based on race rather than merit.

You think I am asleep - OK. Maybe, time will tell. I think you are frightened of changing societal norms and lashing out in frustration and anger.

Yes, there are disadvantaged white people - this does not mean we can't try to build an equitable system

Yes, the system is imperfect (re: foreign investment in real estate) but that also does not mean we can't try to build an equitable system

Yes, I am in aerospace engineering, and I believe a team with a diverse background is a strength. No, I never said it was completely fine to hire based on race rather than merit.

You think I am asleep - OK. Maybe, time will tell. I think you are frightened of changing societal norms and lashing out in frustration and anger.
We need to put funding into education to ensure that all people have equality of opportunity. Giving less qualified people employment based on race is not the way to "fix" things. It just causes more divide as people assume hires are "diversity hires".

We will never make things completely "equitable" because people and cultures have different values.

For a sufficiently large population, it is a statistical improbability that constraining in such a way ever produces the best team.

I am frightened of the lunacy that is slowly plaguing this country. Lunacy that starts at the top with our own PM.

A large public sector union wants to implement a scheme where a "minority" voter is guaranteed to have a more influential vote, even to the point where their vote could be leveraged 100x. How do you not see the problem in this?

We need to put funding into education to ensure that all people have equality of opportunity. Giving less qualified people employment based on race is not the way to "fix" things. It just causes more divide as people assume hires are "diversity hires".

We will never make things completely "equitable" because people and cultures have different values.

An "equitable society" and "equality of opportunity" are the same thing to me. I do not want to get into why you made that distinction

I believe giving similarly-qualified (yet under-represented) people a leg up, in order to form a workforce that reflects the population. This lowers the barrier to entry for future generations

A large public sector union wants to implement a scheme where a "minority" voter is guaranteed to have a more influential vote, even to the point where their vote could be leveraged 100x. How do you not see the problem in this?

I agree with High Flya - what they do is their business, not mine. The members voted overwhelmingly in favour of the resolution. It is a small union unit representing 1400 people. I think you are being overly dramatic about it, for reasons I suggest in my previous post

I do not think this is a slippery slope that will result in me losing a proportion of my vote in general elections, at all, in any way. I think that idea is laughable

An "equitable society" and "equality of opportunity" are the same thing to me. I do not want to get into why you made that distinction

I believe giving similarly-qualified (yet under-represented) people a leg up, in order to form a workforce that reflects the population. This lowers the barrier to entry for future generations

I agree with High Flya - what they do is their business, not mine. The members voted overwhelmingly in favour of the resolution. It is a small union unit representing 1400 people. I think you are being overly dramatic about it, for reasons I suggest in my previous post

I do not think this is a slippery slope that will result in me losing a proportion of my vote in general elections, at all, in any way. I think that idea is laughable
Equality of opportunity and equality of outcome are not the same thing.

Oh so now its "similarly-qualified", not "less qualified"?

Do you believe IBM in Markham should give preferential hiring to similarly-qualified white people in order to form a workforce that reflects the population?

I suspect if you took a look at all business' in the GTA the data would show white owned business' are more likely than any other demographic to hire outside of their own demographic.

Can I get some cheese with all this whine?

Oh so now its "similarly-qualified", not "less qualified"?

No, I never said "less qualified," you've added that bit on in your mind

Do you believe IBM in Markham should give preferential hiring to similarly-qualified white people in order to form a workforce that reflects the population?

I don't have the answer. Maybe? In a perfect world? Yea, but we don't live in one. We live in one that has to contend with centuries of baggage

Asking this question highlights how the problem is nuanced. If the topic is nuanced, then we gotta take into account the baggage. That's all I'm sayin.

I'm ready with my pitchfork, where we meeting?

Also, as a visible minority, most of us don't give a flying fk, but we got whiny cunts in our shade too...

Also, the amount of Castism that exists in "my" community will make the SS rally in Gduńsk looks like a gathering of progressive liberals :)

No, I never said "less qualified," you've added that bit on in your mind

I don't have the answer. Maybe? In a perfect world? Yea, but we don't live in one. We live in one that has to contend with centuries of baggage

Asking this question highlights how the problem is nuanced. If the topic is nuanced, then we gotta take into account the baggage. That's all I'm sayin.
The federal government is incentivising corporations to hire minorities even when they are less qualified. The IVEY league is giving spots to minorities when they are less qualified.

Ah the centuries of baggage. Lets punish people today for the perceived things their ancestors did. Even though most of their ancestors had nothing to with it.

IBM in Markham is likely overwhelmingly Asian. 99% of people working there probably came here within the last 50 years. The big bad white boogeyman theory has no bearing on the question I asked. The history of China, Japan etc isnt much more rosy than colonialism. Mao was responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people. China murdered 400million babies with its one child policy.

Last edited:
I'm ready with my pitchfork, where we meeting?

Also, as a visible minority, most of us don't give a flying fk, but we got whiny cunts in our shade too...

Also, the amount of Castism that exists in "my" community will make the SS rally in Gduńsk looks like a gathering of progressive liberals :)
shh, dont talk about the caste system. It doesnt jive with the big bad white boogeyman narrative

The federal government is incentivising corporations to hire minorities even when they are less qualified. The IVEY league is giving spots to minorities when they are less qualified.

Ah the centuries of baggage. Lets punish people today for the perceived things their ancestors did. Even though most of their ancestors had nothing to with it.

IBM in Markham is overwhelmingly Asian Id bet. Likely 99% of people working there came here within the last 50 years. The big bad white boogeyman theory has no bearing on the question I asked. The history of China, Japan etc isnt much more rosy than colonialism. Mao was responsible for the deaths of tens of millions of people. China murdered 400million babies with its one child policy.
I understand your frustration brother, but look beyond the short term. When India instituted a caste based intake policy for higher education, there was almost a revolt. Cause, once again the argument against it was as the same as today that the intake wasn't based on merit and based on some emergent quality as caste. However, after it has been instituted for over time, it has single handedly helped these people who had snowball's chance in hell of getting into colleges and further improving the life of their community.

So yea, it may not get the best and the brightest right away and it will have some growing pains, but fk it, we all gonna die so why worry about these things.

Here is a good academic paper if you're really really interested if "Affirmative action" works:
Does Affirmative Action Work? Caste, Gender, College Quality, and Academic Success in India on JSTOR, you need a library card to download.

Back
Top Bottom