The daily commute | GTAMotorcycle.com

The daily commute

SUBSCRIBED

I was going to bump your 2018 thread but the weather hasn't been warm enough to warrant it, if you know what I mean

I quit riding city...ADV country riding and trail/enduro riding for me only...much safer...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I quit riding city...ADV country riding and trail/enduro riding for me only...much safer...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
I feel like i level up every time i do a ride downtown.

If you wave people through an inter-section, I think you can be charged if they get in an accident.

Heard this from someone who was charged in a similar circumstance. I never do it.

Downtown + traffic + hot summer day + construction + ATGATT = RAGE!!
Forgot to add SS. Extra heat, terrible riding position, etc.

Haha valid point. FWIW, I used to rage on my naked too, perhaps less.
I just sit there and rev a bit, the reactions from people keep me laughing.

Old vans are coming back into style like they were in the 1970s. Young people can't afford rent so they're buying old vans, customizing and living in them like kids did back in 1975. Next thing you know they'll be having Truck-ins again.

Close-call in the diamond lane

The diamond lane is awesome for motorcyclists, but you need your spidey sense on level 10 all of the time...
100% my accident last year was a left turner across 2 lanes of stopped traffic into the HOV lane where i was. Heads on swivels peeps!

I ride the HOV lane on HWY 7 through Markham daily -- Grand Theft Auto Live! Cars dart into the lane from a dead stop regularly, so regularly that I won't do more than 40kmh unless I'm following a car or truck.

HWY 7 has a lot of space devoted to dedicated bus lanes - waste of road. Approx 24 buses use each lane daily, compared to 40,000 vehicles a day in the adjacent road lanes.

I see the 4-wheel carnage of this exact scenario at least once a week - Dufferin Southbound, just North of Finch. Northbound cars turning left thru two lanes of stopped traffic and across the open diamond lane into the driveways there.
This is exactly where my accident was, left turners trying to dart across into the plaza. Since then i've seen 2 car accidents in the same location.

Back
Top Bottom