The daily commute | GTAMotorcycle.com
  • Please try to remember this is a motorcycle community and the one thing we all have in common is motorcycles.

That is what we are all here for. So please keep any posts in Multimedia realted to motorcycles or motorcycle events, get togethers, eat-meets, etc.

You can also check out our new Media Section. HERE

Thanks for helping keep GTA Motorcycle clean and PG friendly.

The daily commute

i-WERKS

SUBSCRIBED

I was going to bump your 2018 thread but the weather hasn't been warm enough to warrant it, if you know what I mean

Underdog

I quit riding city...ADV country riding and trail/enduro riding for me only...much safer...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
I quit riding city...ADV country riding and trail/enduro riding for me only...much safer...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
I feel like i level up every time i do a ride downtown.

Onagoth

If you wave people through an inter-section, I think you can be charged if they get in an accident.

Heard this from someone who was charged in a similar circumstance. I never do it.

FLSTC

...but the weather hasn't been warm enough to warrant it, if you know what I mean
It's not so much the temperature, rather it's the location, as evidenced In this snapshot from my commute downtown a week ago Friday

Last edited:

FLSTC

Close-call in the diamond lane

1. Vehicles continuing to turn left after their advance green ends
2, BMW 3 series, single occupant, speeding past slower cars
3. Older driver fails to stop at red before turnng right (view of diamond lane obscured by left turning truck - expectation lane would be empty?)

The diamond lane is awesome for motorcyclists, but you need your spidey sense on level 10 all of the time...

Roadghost

Old vans are coming back into style like they were in the 1970s. Young people can't afford rent so they're buying old vans, customizing and living in them like kids did back in 1975. Next thing you know they'll be having Truck-ins again.

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
Close-call in the diamond lane

The diamond lane is awesome for motorcyclists, but you need your spidey sense on level 10 all of the time...
100% my accident last year was a left turner across 2 lanes of stopped traffic into the HOV lane where i was. Heads on swivels peeps!

Mad Mike

I ride the HOV lane on HWY 7 through Markham daily -- Grand Theft Auto Live! Cars dart into the lane from a dead stop regularly, so regularly that I won't do more than 40kmh unless I'm following a car or truck.

HWY 7 has a lot of space devoted to dedicated bus lanes - waste of road. Approx 24 buses use each lane daily, compared to 40,000 vehicles a day in the adjacent road lanes.

FLSTC

j
100% my accident last year was a left turner across 2 lanes of stopped traffic into the HOV lane where i was. Heads on swivels peeps!
I see the 4-wheel carnage of this exact scenario at least once a week - Dufferin Southbound, just North of Finch. Northbound cars turning left thru two lanes of stopped traffic and across the open diamond lane into the driveways there.

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
I see the 4-wheel carnage of this exact scenario at least once a week - Dufferin Southbound, just North of Finch. Northbound cars turning left thru two lanes of stopped traffic and across the open diamond lane into the driveways there.
This is exactly where my accident was, left turners trying to dart across into the plaza. Since then i've seen 2 car accidents in the same location.

Top Bottom