The curse of the double edge sword | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The curse of the double edge sword

I made a pepper mix using black pepper, hot chili pepper powder. I placed that in back patio area where they were crapping to mark their terrotory. Seems to help. They aren't crapping there as much. Problem is as soon as it rains you have re apply after. You can also get critter ridder. Same thing , juxt a mix of black peppers etc that raccons and others are sensitive to smelling.
Its not a 100% solution. But does reduce the visits by about 70%.
At least its all natural. Dont have to worry about kids touching it or poisioning anything etc.

I have a motion sensor sprinkler works well that hate getting sprayed and actually run.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
That works for a while but sprinklers don't phase themn once they learn it's just water.

I had one a few years ago that liked to play in my sprinklers. If it was really hot and they were off a few days he'd swim in my pool then snooze on my deck.
1637686296148.png

I picked up one of these to throw in the attic. If a squirrel/chipmunk gains access, it will be over quickly. Hopefully if I ever get unlucky enough to get a trash panda up there, it will go for the food head first. If it tries with an arm, we are both in for a very bad day. Thinking it through, I will secure the trap so I don't have to play find the ****** off animal.

Piege3-10_5_FINALweb_2048x.png

I picked up one of these to throw in the attic. If a squirrel/chipmunk gains access, it will be over quickly. Hopefully if I ever get unlucky enough to get a trash panda up there, it will go for the food head first. If it tries with an arm, we are both in for a very bad day. Thinking it through, I will secure the trap so I don't have to play find the ****** off animal.

Piege3-10_5_FINALweb_2048x.png
We have a ditch/ravine behind our factory that gets trash dumped in it by locals -- brings rats. We installed these these at the office, they work like a charm for rats and skunks, but are too small for raccoons.
HTK-counter-new_600x600.jpg

I didn’t know they go with a soy based product.

Not sure why people expect the manufacturer to pay for rodent damage….
Some rodent chewed a little on the injector wires on my car. Saw it noted on a repair slip (but they never verbally told me) so I went and had a look. Yup, some teeth marks in the insulation. They didn't expose copper. Wouldn't be a warranty problem to fix, that would be my money or maybe a comp claim if they made a big mess.

My buddy and his brothers would shoot raccoons with BB guns from their windows.

Neighbour at the cottage shoots squirrels and raccoons with a BB gun all the time. Just hear the noise and a drop. Sometimes the mofo leaves them where they drop and that’s a fun smell for months…

My farmer neighbour uses fly bait for raccoons. The nice thing about it is they don't go very far before they die, so there's no chance of them getting in somewhere you can't find them and stinking up the place. Something like this I think. Fly Bait for Farm | QuikStrike® Fly Bait I'm not sure if he just puts it out, or adds it to bait or what. I'll ask him next time I see him. I just use a 22 for trash pandas and pellet guns for smaller critters. Of course, I don't have to worry about the neighbours.

My farmer neighbour uses fly bait for raccoons. The nice thing about it is they don't go very far before they die, so there's no chance of them getting in somewhere you can't find them and stinking up the place. Something like this I think. Fly Bait for Farm | QuikStrike® Fly Bait I'm not sure if he just puts it out, or adds it to bait or what. I'll ask him next time I see him. I just use a 22 for trash pandas and pellet guns for smaller critters. Of course, I don't have to worry about the neighbours.

My evil mind has thought of many ways of discouraging the critters but the presence of PETA types could get a city person in trouble. If the raccoon accidentally dies on my property does it go in the grey or green bin?

If I drag it to a nearby creek as coyote buffet and someone sees and reports me, does PETA picket my house?

My evil mind has thought of many ways of discouraging the critters but the presence of PETA types could get a city person in trouble. If the raccoon accidentally dies on my property does it go in the grey or green bin?

If I drag it to a nearby creek as coyote buffet and someone sees and reports me, does PETA picket my house?
You probably catch more charges and jail time than if you plugged a person in your backyard. Cruelty to animals, indignity to a body etc.

You probably catch more charges and jail time than if you plugged a person in your backyard. Cruelty to animals, indignity to a body etc.
Yeah and if I get sick from the parasite they carry the raccoon gets free meds and vet care while I wait on a stretcher in an overcrowded hospital corridor.

Back
Top Bottom