The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread

Headline doesnt really match the charges (well, I guess it does, a careless charge instead of 172 makes a hell of a lot more sense)

A 26-year-old Ajax man is now charged with stunt driving, careless driving, driver motor vehicle – no plates, no insurance, fail to wear helmet on motorcycle. His licence was suspended for seven days and his bike was impounded for two weeks.

A 27-year-old Ajax man is charged with careless driving.

Headline doesnt really match the charges (well, I guess it does, a careless charge instead of 172 makes a hell of a lot more sense)

A 26-year-old Ajax man is now charged with stunt driving, careless driving, driver motor vehicle – no plates, no insurance, fail to wear helmet on motorcycle. His licence was suspended for seven days and his bike was impounded for two weeks.

A 27-year-old Ajax man is charged with careless driving.

See, if any of us do stupid **** and get attention, we're doing it wrong lol

Man all of you are granny sissies who can’t drive.
Even if you do get in an accident, you just respawn anyway. I also get away from cops like 90% of the time if I do get caught breaking some road law. Haven’t any of you played grand theft auto??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm trying to save you from making a fool of yourself. You're welcome.

P.S. I've ran into Lando and Verstappen on iRacing before =) They destroyed me, but it was an honor.

People said recreational weed would never be legal in my lifetime and here we are. It’s just that we don’t have the same size of interested participants to sway politicians and public opinion. But they did make helmets not mandatory for turban wearing Sikh’s so who knows...

I also agree that the lane splitting can be safe as you describe above, about 5-10km/hr over the speed of other vehicles and with max speed in place, and it were legal and all motorists were taught to expect it. Unfortunately when others aren’t taught to expect it then that opens a bunch of different issues.

I personally wish that filtering and lane splitting were legal with realistic guidelines, although I don’t see it happening for splitting, but maybe filtering.
It takes some political capital - or upside to gain some - to convince politicians to table small potatoes issues. In the case of Turbans, a well organized community had leverage over a local MP, they forced the issue because they could. It's a bit harder when the group is disbursed over many political boundaries, even if the overall group is larger as there is no up/downside to force action.

If 10,000 motorcyclists moved to one area, say Kingston, we could leverage the voting block to make the local MPP take action. Or we could appeal on our Sikh buddies in Peel do it again on something that impacts the broader community (like insurance reform, filtering, of special higher speed limits for motorcycles).

When I lived in California, it was common and legal. Filtering sure benefited motorcyclists, it also benefitted drivers as it got the faster accelerating motorcycles out of the mass, slightly relieving congestion. One had to be careful as it was also common for car driving idiots to squeeze out filtering motorcycles when they could.

I'm trying to save you from making a fool of yourself. You're welcome.

P.S. I've ran into Lando and Verstappen on iRacing before =) They destroyed me, but it was an honor.

I see your issue….because F1 drivers play race games ergo….if you play race games you can be an F1 driver? You assume the reverse logic to be true.

I played Team Fortress classic like a demon many moons ago and was pretty good…..ergo….I can be a navy seal tomorrow just as long as I have a flag to capture and can use a bazooka to jump higher than normal without damaging myself in the process if I fire it at my feet.

Lets try this ignorance and confusion thing again. It’s fun, only can you wait a bit before you reply. It’s Friday night so I have to walk down the high street in a wifebeater hitting random mobsters with a 2x4 before stealing a waste disposal truck.

One had to be careful as it was also common for car driving idiots to squeeze out filtering motorcycles when they could.

Motorcyclists are just as big idiots. Lane filtering up and parking themselves in the pedestrian walkway past the white line seems to be common in Toronto. Regardless if pedestrians are trying to cross, because as a rider his spot up front is far more important. 🙄

Can anyone help me? There’s a 20ft gorilla rolling burning barrels of oil down the street outside. I need a few more ladders.

I see your issue….because F1 drivers play race games ergo….if you play race games you can be an F1 driver? You assume the reverse logic to be true.

I played Team Fortress classic like a demon many moons ago and was pretty good…..ergo….I can be a navy seal tomorrow just as long as I have a flag to capture and can use a bazooka to jump higher than normal without damaging myself in the process if I fire it at my feet.

Lets try this ignorance and confusion thing again. It’s fun, only can you wait a bit before you reply. It’s Friday night so I have to walk down the high street in a wifebeater hitting random mobsters with a 2x4 before stealing a waste disposal truck.

Video games DO NOT make a good rider/driver. There are some things that can be learned and translate to real life though. One example being proper lines in and out of a corner. There is a reason the pros use the simulators.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Video games DO NOT make a good rider/driver. There are some things that can be learned and translate to real life though. One example being proper lines in and out of a corner. There is a reason the pros use the simulators.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

what if there’s an Italian plumber in one of the cars throwing bananas though?

Giant hole in your logic. If (in Ontario, when) you get bumped while moving between vehicles, if you are going 10 kph, you fall over and are probably uninjured. If you are going 110 when you get knocked off, you tumble down the road and hope everyone approaching you at 100 misses you. Odds are not in your favour at all.
vehicles moving at highway speed are significantly less likely to move into each other

you basically just have to mind the dangerous "gaps" where cars might be thinking about lane changing

source: have about 60-80000 km of riding where its legal to do both and got pretty good at it

I don't always split in Ontario but you're much safer splitting through the herd of idiots clumped together to find open highway and stay in that gap of no cars than you are to sit in the herd.

also - in Ontario its like easy mode for splitting and filtering, the roads are so f***ing wide you could do it in a car most of the time if you wanted to.

No. You can't ride with me

I don't go on group rides much anymore and when I do I'm pretty selective about who with - you most likely won't need to worry about this

Motorcyclists are just as big idiots. Lane filtering up and parking themselves in the pedestrian walkway past the white line seems to be common in Toronto. Regardless if pedestrians are trying to cross, because as a rider his spot up front is far more important. 🙄
This is pretty much the standard for urban filtering, it’s supposed to work that way.

Fast accelerating motorcycles filter to the front removing them from the congested stream. Since they take less room when consolidated up front AND they accelerate quickly, overall traffic flow is improved.

So while the rider appears be the big winner (and looks important to car drivers) filtering is a win-win, cars just get the silver medal.

vehicles moving at highway speed are significantly less likely to move into each other

you basically just have to mind the dangerous "gaps" where cars might be thinking about lane changing

source: have about 60-80000 km of riding where its legal to do both and got pretty good at it

I don't always split in Ontario but you're much safer splitting through the herd of idiots clumped together to find open highway and stay in that gap of no cars than you are to sit in the herd.

also - in Ontario its like easy mode for splitting and filtering, the roads are so f***ing wide you could do it in a car most of the time if you wanted to.

I don't go on group rides much anymore and when I do I'm pretty selective about who with - you most likely won't need to worry about this
I sense an approach to riding that might have an unhappy ending. Simply trusting your instincts and skills is not enough in Ontario, particularly the GTA.

Ontario has a vey low bar for licensing drivers, and one of the most diverse set of roads, traffic and weather in the world. As a motorcyclist your safety depends on you thinking for car drivers.

Look at high flow cities like LA or São Paulo where lane splitting is normal - it’s common to se downed riders. Lane splitting here is simply dangerous.

Yes yes let's ignore the fact that I used to regularly track (and use sims for training.) Also remember: you are slower than me irl and have had more accidents involving other vehicles lol

Told ya our skill gap is too far for you to comprehend. Thanks for replying and trying though.

This is pretty much the standard for urban filtering, it’s supposed to work that way.

There is zero excuse for rushing forward without visibility (which I see often as they try to squeeze between vans and trucks blocking view to pedestrians) and going over the white line into the area pedestrians are actively crossing.

Perhaps it does need to be added to the HTA as some suggest. But as a 172 violation.

You are too cocky for 12 year old.

No, I'm just really ******* confident because I compare where I am to the average while getting my ego destroyed by people who are actually faster and my real targets.

Also, I've been in interviews where I answered some questions wrong and was immediately told "we're skipping the rest of the questions because if you got this one wrong, you can't answer the rest." If you can't differentiate between video games, simulation software, can't understand how simulation software + hardware with amazing force feedback can translate a lot into real life, and decide to laugh at me after I found, from actual experience, how the two interact with one another....yeah, that's on whoever for provoking me and being ******* stupid.

Back
Top Bottom