The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 305 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Caught some guy a month ago about to get on the DVP from lakeshore. Just as i rolled down my window to warn him he looked around and started hopping over the barrier with his bike.

Cyclists on the 416 pretty much daily.

Turn 3 claims another victim. There was already 3 or 4 welts on the guardrail, so it would have had some existing fatigue. I had been wondering when Hammy was going to replace it (never? LOL).

ABLVV87kfYtFHq-p0f6GJSABPPg-TxBpvJ9UDwZ_1fh2xR8pcUOZ4SzHh0HQjSpM5mqZipS1bPmwT2tayOnkTTm7pTHhlYO-A7OCtUrMzSrbJ-iuZ0qxJjnCRn1AMzrJoyrHa5O4iOp-FripzxXTPjwGl4eE=w1121-h757-s-no

Turn 3 claims another victim. There was already 3 or 4 welts on the guardrail, so it would have had some existing fatigue. I had been wondering when Hammy was going to replace it (never? LOL).

ABLVV87kfYtFHq-p0f6GJSABPPg-TxBpvJ9UDwZ_1fh2xR8pcUOZ4SzHh0HQjSpM5mqZipS1bPmwT2tayOnkTTm7pTHhlYO-A7OCtUrMzSrbJ-iuZ0qxJjnCRn1AMzrJoyrHa5O4iOp-FripzxXTPjwGl4eE=w1121-h757-s-no
Snake Road?

*EDIT* No, Snake is in Waterdown, so Hamilton would have nothing to do with it, so where is this?

Snake Road?

*EDIT* No, Snake is in Waterdown, so Hamilton would have nothing to do with it, so where is this?

The south end of Snake Rd. is in Aldershot (Burlington). The North end is in Waterdown. Waterdown, like Dundas and Ancaster, is part of Hamilton.

That is Snake Road near Waterdown. I wonder what heavy SUV understeered into the rail?

That section of railing gets replaced every other year. Southbound, it's a blind double decreasing radius corner. Randos come in too hot and don't realize until it's too late they've run out of real estate. I came through one Sunday afternoon and a guy on a bike came in too hot and launched it over the guardrail into the ravine.

That section of railing gets replaced every other year. Southbound, it's a blind double decreasing radius corner. Randos come in too hot and don't realize until it's too late they've run out of real estate. I came through one Sunday afternoon and a guy on a bike came in too hot and launched it over the guardrail into the ravine.

I've seen two people go into it. On one of those occasions I stopped the group of riders that I was with, at the top of Snake, and explained in detail about that corner. One hotdog still managed to hit it. "Oh, that's what you meant." I'm betting his bike was wedged into that exact same spot, under the rail.

90 degree left, dogleg right, decreasing radius left, BANG.

Stolen for my friend from Waterdown.

The incident was reported to police and the 29-year-old driver of the transport was stopped five minutes after the call and charged with making a dangerous pass.

"The OPP relies on the public to ensure our roads stay safe. If you witness any dangerous driving behaviour, please don't hesitate to report it to us, your information could make all the difference," said police in a Facebook post.

What does The Toronto Police Service do if we submit dash cam recordings?

The incident was reported to police and the 29-year-old driver of the transport was stopped five minutes after the call and charged with making a dangerous pass.

"The OPP relies on the public to ensure our roads stay safe. If you witness any dangerous driving behaviour, please don't hesitate to report it to us, your information could make all the difference," said police in a Facebook post.

What does The Toronto Police Service do if we submit dash cam recordings?
Afaik, there is no charge for "making a dangerous pass". It would be interesting to know what they actually charged them with. The police not stating an actual charge is a head scratcher.

Afaik, there is no charge for "making a dangerous pass". It would be interesting to know what they actually charged them with. The police not stating an actual charge is a head scratcher.
It will be a smack on the wrist; Passing not in safety, $85.00 fine, 2 points. Given the possible results it should really be the Criminal Code charge of Dangerous Operation.

What a POS. Spotted driving on 401.

On a related note, there is a ton of this in the US. So many cars with parts busted off and panels caved in. The best I saw was a Subaru that had been rolled. Every panel was smashed, only window was cracked windshield, the rest were plastic bags. Just driving around like nothing was wrong. Runner up goes to a corolla that had been rear-ended. Its tail lights were above its roofline. A few bungee cords to hold the parts on and continue on with life.

image.jpeg

EDIT:

Driver was unlicensed. What an idiot. Hard to have a higher heat score.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom