The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 303 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Too many people not capable of passing the test, so they make it easier. WTF?
Yup. Need to clear those backlogs. COVID shut down many of the test centres and didn’t allow for road tests to take place.

So they made it more ‘efficient’ which meant they had to remove some aspects of the test to speed things up.

Shocking news...simplify an already idiot proof test...and guess what happens to the general driver population...

"These changes, made without formal safety evaluations or cabinet approval, involved removing certain elements deemed duplicative from the test. Emergency stops, three-point turns, parallel parking and driving in residential areas were excluded completely."

Seriously????

Ouch. Never let the person leave without their info, even if it’s just a scratch. What if you develop back pain or whiplash? If they give you grief, remind them it’s the law.
A valuable lesson for the future. Thanks guys!
Snap. Sorry to hear that. But glad you're ok. Unfortunately you let her leave without getting her info, so now you're SOL. Did your camera actually record the hit? Or just didn't record the plate?

The dash cam didn't capture anything that morning. So, no recording of the hit.

"These changes, made without formal safety evaluations or cabinet approval, involved removing certain elements deemed duplicative from the test. Emergency stops, three-point turns, parallel parking and driving in residential areas were excluded completely."

Seriously????
This is the MO of the current PC party.

Do something stupid because it 'sounded like a good idea at the time'. Things go sideways. Get caught being dumb. Play dumb, raise your hands and say...

1706807335300.png

On our way to work, Driving in a 50 zone that changes to an 80. (I was doing 60)
Driver behind me could not wait for the change so decides to cross a double yellow as we approach a hill.
Cuts me off, so I give a tap on the high beams just to say "I'm here, look around". Was not ****** or anything, just a WTF !?! moment.
The driver decides to give me the finger (arm out window) for at least the next few kilometers, until he realizes we're both going to stop at the next light, runs the lights, cuts of traffic and speeds off... This was a guy in a Lincoln navigator with (I assume) his wife in the vehicle as well.

But, I guess he showed me who's boss... :ROFLMAO:

This is the MO of the current PC party.

Do something stupid because it 'sounded like a good idea at the time'. Things go sideways. Get caught being dumb. Play dumb, raise your hands and say...

View attachment 65877
I believe it was taken off the test to start cleaning up the backlog from covid. My kids all learned it anyways and at least one had to do it on his test. Keep in mind that they were doing the parallel parking and three point turn in a closed off area with a single junker car to park behind and you'll realize why they got rid of those two. With the way parking is in the cities, the emergency stop was becoming somewhat less viable, depending upon the test location. I haven't heard anything about residential driving.

On our way to work, Driving in a 50 zone that changes to an 80. (I was doing 60)
Driver behind me could not wait for the change so decides to cross a double yellow as we approach a hill.
Cuts me off, so I give a tap on the high beams just to say "I'm here, look around". Was not ****** or anything, just a WTF !?! moment.
The driver decides to give me the finger (arm out window) for at least the next few kilometers, until he realizes we're both going to stop at the next light, runs the lights, cuts of traffic and speeds off... This was a guy in a Lincoln navigator with (I assume) his wife in the vehicle as well.

But, I guess he showed me who's boss... :ROFLMAO:
I love those guys, super hero until it's time to stop at the light and potentially have to face the person you just flipped off.

My buddy was driving and accidentally cut off someone. Guy was honking, screaming, and frothing at the mouth. They both get to a stop light, and the guy gets out of his car. So buddy undoes his seatbelt, puts hand on his handle so he can open it fast and start a fight.

Guy runs up to the window and apologizes for his behaviour. Was having a bad day, and the inadvertent cut off just set him over the edge.

Another day same buddy sees two guys going at it in the middle of the lights. One with a hammer, and the other with a tire iron. That didn't end well for one of them.

One just never knows.

I love those guys, super hero until it's time to stop at the light and potentially have to face the person you just flipped off.

My buddy was driving and accidentally cut off someone. Guy was honking, screaming, and frothing at the mouth. They both get to a stop light, and the guy gets out of his car. So buddy undoes his seatbelt, puts hand on his handle so he can open it fast and start a fight.

Guy runs up to the window and apologizes for his behaviour. Was having a bad day, and the inadvertent cut off just set him over the edge.

Another day same buddy sees two guys going at it in the middle of the lights. One with a hammer, and the other with a tire iron. That didn't end well for one of them.

One just never knows.
Yeah, it did not anger me at all (to old for that nonsense) but I was like WTF is he so angry about...
I would NEVER engage anyone on the road, not worth the time or hassle. I wear glasses and have dental work, my face is expensive...

Yeah, it did not anger me at all (to old for that nonsense) but I was like WTF is he so angry about...
I would NEVER engage anyone on the road, not worth the time or hassle. I wear glasses and have dental work, my face is expensive...
I've taken a sucker punch to the face before and got attacked 3 on 1. I don't care to repeat that process.

Last week was driving home and some RAM1500 felt I offended him by driving in my own lane. Idiot tried to force me out of the lane and was so close if I tapped my brakes he would've driven into my rear window.

All that to be stuck in traffic 100m ahead of me...ah well.

One of the reasons I am considering something higher up. The GTI seems claustrophobic and I realize how tiny I am in comparison to the majority of other road users.

One of the reasons I am considering something higher up. The GTI seems claustrophobic and I realize how tiny I am in comparison to the majority of other road users.
Agreed, I'll never go back to a typical car. SUV, truck etc.. need a lot of vision to keep up with the Aholes and Brampton truckers..

One just never knows.
I like sitting next to them, at the light, and just staring a hole in their heads while they stare straight ahead and turn red.

On the other hand, I worked with a guy that got into a tiff at a bar. He slugged the guy and the guy never got up again. Albert got two years at Maplehurst for manslaughter. Not worth the risk.

Not Brampton.
SxMCvc8.png

Keep an eye out for Donna. ;)

Source: Top 10 Safest and Most Dangerous Cities for Driving in Ontario | MyChoice

Edit:
Here's an article on the impact of the changes to the driving test:

Not Ontario….

- impaired driver
- cannabis
- street racing
- running from cops as part of a group
- killed a 15 year old girl (not clear if she was his passenger to me)

4.5 year penalty.

The system is an absolute joke.

Not Ontario….

- impaired driver
- cannabis
- street racing

4.5 year penalty.

The victim was in a car that stopped, so the driver could check on the crash that occurred just before this one. Lawrence hit that stopped car, killing her.

Not Ontario….

- impaired driver
- cannabis
- street racing

4.5 year penalty.

Parole in 2 years?

Driving around yesterday I came to the conclusion STOP signs were now invisible to everyone but me.

If getting compensation for a rear ender wasn't such a chit show It would be less of a worry. A bent car can be tied up or weeks or even months due to supply chain issues etc.

Back
Top Bottom