The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 166 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Skip the first 22 seconds if you want to avoid watching someone driving in the left lane at 03:18 with nobody in two lanes to the right of them.

It's obscene what one has to do to get people to pull to the right when they're not passing.

Had the same thing happen once @ 7am on 6N. I was in the right lane going north, guy coming south in my passing lane. Looked in the mirror to watch what the guy in the Civic behind me in the passing lane (that I had just passed) was going to do. He managed to swerve into the right lane and avoid him.

19. DUI. Over .08. Dangerous driving.

image.jpg

Fatal crash on 401 today. Pickup truck towing a trailer and trailer lost a wheel which crushed a 24 year old in a minivan. Wheel appears to have had issues for quite a while. It looks like there were probably two broken studs and six nuts that came loose. Throw the book at that incompetent driver.

EfOeU7mWoAAUAdY

EfOeVjuWoAMMGJM

EDIT:
It was a commercial vehicle. Fack em, head for the pogie line. No excuse for such a piss poor pretrip inspection. The other axle has lugnut arrows so loose nuts should have been easily noticeable with even a cursory examination.

Last edited:
My guess is a left hand turn lane. Didnt investigate to see if that is correct.

Have a read of the video comments. Someone mentions it’s a left turn lane for opposing traffic and shows a link to google maps. The Jeep should not have been there. Doesn’t excuse the hit and run though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This doesn't absolve the person how ran from the scene but it looks to me like the car that flipped moved into the oncoming lanes, to get a jump on getting into the left turn lane. With the angle it's hard to be sure, but that's what it looks like to me.

The comments to the video give a google-maps link. In order from closest to furthest: southbound right-turn lane, southbound 2 lanes of traffic, northbound left-turn lane for opposite-direction traffic. Freeze-frame the video and you can see the painted arrow for the right-turn lane ... that lane is clear. There are clearly 2 lanes of stopped traffic. Means the Jeep was incorrectly in the opposite-direction left-turn lane and shouldn't have been there. Still ... that doesn't absolve leaving the scene of a collision.

What did those guys who went exactly 100 in all lanes on the QEW get charged with?

What did those guys who went exactly 100 in all lanes on the QEW get charged with?
Typically impeding traffic. Notice it does not reference the speed limit, but the normal and reasonable movement. By extension, driving at the maximum legal speed limit is below the normal and reasonable movement of traffic.

According to the Ontario Highway Driving Act, section 132: “No motor vehicle shall be driven on a highway at such a slow rate of speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic thereon except when the slow rate of speed is necessary for safe operation having regard to all the circumstances.”

Not to derail the thread, but does that exclude bicycles as they are not "motor vehicles".
Typically impeding traffic. Notice it does not reference the speed limit, but the normal and reasonable movement. By extension, driving at the maximum legal speed limit is below the normal and reasonable movement of traffic.

According to the Ontario Highway Driving Act, section 132: “No motor vehicle shall be driven on a highway at such a slow rate of speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic thereon except when the slow rate of speed is necessary for safe operation having regard to all the circumstances.”

Not to derail the thread, but does that exclude bicycles as they are not "motor vehicles"? I see them all the time in big groups impeding traffic.

Not to derail the thread, but does that exclude bicycles as they are not "motor vehicles".

Not to derail the thread, but does that exclude bicycles as they are not "motor vehicles"? I see them all the time in big groups impeding traffic.
132 shouldn't apply to bicycles. Maybe failure to yield? I dont know. I ride alone or with one other and stick to the edge. Cyclist in pelotons blocking the road while climbing a hill are entitled **********.

Slow vehicles to travel on right side
(1) Any vehicle travelling upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at that time and place shall, where practicable, be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 147 (1).

Back
Top Bottom