The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 159 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Uhhhhhhhhh holy **** that's the most psychopathic thing I've seen in a while. I guess somebody constructed a dolly for shuttling trailers around at a depot, then someone else got their hands on it and decided to use it on the road? I wonder how long it took the guy to stop when the cops pulled him over
Well it sure looks like they hooked up the air brakes and with the tiny pin through the hitch, I can't imagine the trailer was loaded. The stopping distance may actually be decent.

Well it sure looks like they hooked up the air brakes and with the tiny pin through the hitch, I can't imagine the trailer was loaded. The stopping distance may actually be decent.

I'm 95% certain that the air brakes aren't actually hooked up though, just the brake lights. I presume that is some sort of air reservoir, but it doesn't look like it's connected to anything and I can't think of a "good" way to jury rig a service line. And an empty trailer is still like ~10 tons

Edit: I thought about it a little more, it's actually worse. So there is no electrical connection (e.g. no brake lights), what is connected is something to the supply line - the only purpose of that is to get the trailer to move (release the spring brakes). There is nothing connected to the service line, it takes two connections for the brakes to actually work. With one connection like that though, there's probably something stupid like an air compressor in the bed of the truck (but what would power it), or maybe just a big air tank - if there were no leaks there would be no air leaving the system.

The tank pictured, I'm starting to think it was used as a fuel reservoir... but why. I'm also starting to think this dolly never had a legitimate purpose at all, and that whoever built this was Oppenheimer with a welder

Last edited:
I'm 95% certain that the air brakes aren't actually hooked up though, just the brake lights. I presume that is some sort of air reservoir, but it doesn't look like it's connected to anything and I can't think of a "good" way to jury rig a service line. And an empty trailer is still like ~10 tons
I agree, that tank does not look hooked up. I thought the one line back to the trailer went into a glad hand which should make it air. I dont know enough about air brakes to know why there are two lines/what each line does. There is a decent chance the line hooked up is just releasing the parking brake (which I guess could be used as crappy service brakes by dumping the line but that is a whole new level of bad idea).

My 2 cents.... road rage.
I drove trucks for 22 years, you know what's up around your truck.
Didn't know the car was there? Maybe didn't see it, but he knew it was there.
Crosses two lanes to push the car into the guardrail and then pull back onto the road.
Again, we only see the last bit of what actually happened. Would love to see the 3 or 4 minutes that led up to this before the video starts.
"But officer, I didn't know he was there" BS!!
The truck had a passenger that backs up the driver, he's just as much at fault.
Agreed road rage.
I know looking at the video it looks pretty deliberate of the truck driver to push the other car off the road. Like c'mon pushing a car would have some resistance which you'd think they would notice.

I always wonder whether the farm tractors used for snow removal are properly insured. I guess we'll find out soon. Running over two people in an intersection makes it hard to avoid liability. RIP and GWS to the pedestrians.

I wondered that too. I know when I was in B.C. (decades ago) you couldn't run a backhoe down the road unless you had paid insurance and had a special plate. Around where I live it's a free-for-all with tractors pulling trailers only held on with a pin, no brakes and no lights or mirrors. I need to review the relevant parts of the HTA on that.

I wondered that too. I know when I was in B.C. (decades ago) you couldn't run a backhoe down the road unless you had paid insurance and had a special plate. Around where I live it's a free-for-all with tractors pulling trailers only held on with a pin, no brakes and no lights or mirrors. I need to review the relevant parts of the HTA on that.

A friend in Nova Scotia says tractors need a plate to drive down the road. All vehicles get a yearly inspection as well.

A friend in Nova Scotia says tractors need a plate to drive down the road. All vehicles get a yearly inspection as well.
Yeah, it's one thing when a tractor is driving between working fields in the country, but in my mind, it is something entirely different when the tractor spends six months driving around on the pavement. At that point it should require whatever license and insurance a conventional snowplow requires. If it only operates on a private lot and never enters public roads I am ok with no registration (and it is up to the operator/property owner what level of insurance they require).

Soccer mom BMW. smh.

A witness to the crash told CTV News Barrie that the BMW SUV was stopped on the tracks with its four-way lights activated as the train approached. She said that people in the area then noticed what was happening and rushed to help the mother get her children out of their car seats before it was too late.

Soccer mom BMW. smh.

A witness to the crash told CTV News Barrie that the BMW SUV was stopped on the tracks with its four-way lights activated as the train approached. She said that people in the area then noticed what was happening and rushed to help the mother get her children out of their car seats before it was too late.
See now if she was driving a standard, she could have used the starter motor to move the car forward fifteen or so feet before the battery gave out.
Standard transmissions are safer (y) as long as you don't have one of those stupid no crank safety switches on the clutch.

How does this happen with today's or recent vehicles?? Seems very strange a car stalling, I've been driving Japanese cars too long I guess.
Hope she didn't run out of gas that would have been some bad irony.

How does this happen with today's or recent vehicles?? Seems very strange a car stalling, I've been driving Japanese cars too long I guess.
Hope she didn't run out of gas that would have been some bad irony.
Likely related to the fact that at the relevant time, she hadn’t been trained in the operation of the subject vehicle. :sneaky: maybe that will work.

What's wrong with this picture?
Must be a rental, and they forgot the position it was in originally, or they're just lazy, and don't know any better.

p.s. Hope you didn't get too close.

Stolen motorcycles inside?
I believe that's the wrong answer to the question "Why can't I see the license plate". But you never know.

I believe that's the wrong answer to the question "Why can't I see the license plate". But you never know.
I believe that is in the right direction. Its the tailgate lift left in the wrong position. Covering the plate and possibly not secured.

Soccer mom BMW. smh.

This reminds me of a little safety thought. Decades ago a train hit a stalled TTC bus in Scarborough. The bus was evacuated before the train hit but one person got hit by the spinning bus and was killed.

I was discussing it with a friend and he commented "I wonder if the train really tried to stop." What he meant was the engineer saw the bus on the tracks but thought it would move so he didn't hit the brakes until it was too late, not that trains are easy to stop.

More than once I've assumed an obstacle on the road would clear itself and then had to slam on the brakes because I made the wrong assumption.

Back
Top Bottom