The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 156 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

How does one influence laws so people people who do stuff like this face some kind of action towards having a license?
You used to be able to call Dougie's cell but idiots wrecked that. Did they think that a concerted effort to permanently tie up his phone would actually result in anything positive for their cause?

The driver can be charged under provincial (summary offence) or federal (criminal offence). Hopefully the police and prosecution have the guts and compassion for the family to file criminal charges.

Politics plays into it more than any other factor. Changes are often knee-jerk reactions (see: "street racing"). Certain things that ought to happen, don't happen because it would be politically unpopular.

To my knowledge, no one in a position of power to effect change, has ever clued in that just maybe the process of getting back a suspended license ought to at least force that person to do something that makes them read the rules and be tested against them, like go back to square one and re-apply, instead of just paying a fee. Can't force people to follow the rules, but you can at least force people to do something that makes them read the rules.

The driver can be charged under provincial (summary offence) or federal (criminal offence). Hopefully the police and prosecution have the guts and compassion for the family to file criminal charges.
Well that is what I don't understand, "can be", shouldn't it be done automatically.

Well that is what I don't understand, "can be", shouldn't it be done automatically.
I'm with you, there are certain laws police always hit hard and win - Impaired and stunt riding come to mind. Other laws, vehicular manslaughter and criminal leave the scene seem near impossible to convict, they are often pleaded down to meaningless offenses at the hands of weak prosecution. Think about that gal on the Bayview Extension who was downed by an idiot making a Uturn in front of a NO U-TURN HERE sign -- he walked because his GF convinced a weak judge said he didn't intend to kill the innocent rider.

Killing someone, or leaving someone to die after you hit them seems particularly egregious... hopefully the prosecutors see it that way.

I'm with you, there are certain laws police always hit hard and win - Impaired and stunt riding come to mind. Other laws, vehicular manslaughter and criminal leave the scene seem near impossible to convict, they are often pleaded down to meaningless offenses at the hands of weak prosecution. Think about that gal on the Bayview Extension who was downed by an idiot making a Uturn in front of a NO U-TURN HERE sign -- he walked because his GF convinced a weak judge said he didn't intend to kill the innocent rider.

Killing someone, or leaving someone to die after you hit them seems particularly egregious... hopefully the prosecutors see it that way.
Yes I remember the post on here discussing that situation, very disturbing.
I guess in other sitatuations in life there are always left lane loafers who just don't get it.

Another one that does nothing to dispell stereotypes. A lady from Brampton in a Lexus going the wrong way on the 407 in Markham.

Brampton woman charged after Lexus drives wrong way on 407 in Markham
open liquor bottles, DUI, dangerous driving, drugs in the car and probably in them. She should be given a 10 year driving ban and serve some jail time for that.. but she wont. She will get a lawyer and walk away with a slap on the wrist. This country is a joke when it comes to this stuff.

A friend of a couple I know was killed when some clown driver decided to pass another vehicle going uphill, double yellow on a rural road.
She was charged with dangerous driving causing death. "Evidence showed xxxxx spent 20 seconds in the other lane attempting to pass" . Before she could be sentenced she managed to get pregnant and flee back home to India.
You would have thought that awaiting sentencing, one would have their passport taken away...

Last edited:
Double hit and run in Scarlem. Lady was flattened by a fuel truck that kept going (hopefully because they didn't realize they hit her), then she got run over by a civic. Driver got out, looked at her and then took off. I don't know how hit and run isn't an instant revocation of your license. Start again at G1 written test with the one year waiting period before you can try for G2.

Elderly woman dead after being hit by vehicles in Scarborough

Because, for some reason, the Ontario Government decided that speeding without actually hitting anything, brake checking in which no contact is made, and similar behaviours should result in immediately losing your license and vehicle for a week, without benefit of trial, but actually running someone down doesn't.

With the condition of the house, I am amazed he didn't catch an impaired charge as well.

Suspended driver charged after home illegally towed with a tractor in Tweed: OPP

wide-load.jpg

I've heard that there's good weed in Tweed.

Dump truck crashes into multiple cars, building in Caledon
It appears the dump truck was heading northbound when the driver took out a stop light, veered into the southbound lanes, struck multiple cars, and eventually crashed into a building in the area.
caledoncrash-sept20.jpg

Just to balance things out so I don't appear anti-commercial vehicle. Yesterday on 400 south, a bmw suv was pulled over against a guardrail (strike 1), she then pulled back onto the highway without blinkers (strike 2) and then leisurely accelerated forcing a tractor trailer to change lanes to avoid killing her (closing speed was probably ~50 km/h when he passed her). I was kind of hoping he would give he a bump so the police could chat with her about being dumb, but he would have obliterated her. I was shocked at how little *^%&*% she gave to the world around her.

Just to balance things out so I don't appear anti-commercial vehicle. Yesterday on 400 south, a bmw suv was pulled over against a guardrail (strike 1), she then pulled back onto the highway without blinkers (strike 2) and then leisurely accelerated forcing a tractor trailer to change lanes to avoid killing her (closing speed was probably ~50 km/h when he passed her). I was kind of hoping he would give he a bump so the police could chat with her about being dumb, but he would have obliterated her. I was shocked at how little *^%&*% she gave to the world around her.
Not surprising, she obviously falls into the "arrogant" category, I metioned in the photo radar thread. Eventually it will catch up to her.

Not surprising, she obviously falls into the "arrogant" category, I metioned in the photo radar thread. Eventually it will catch up to her.
Sadly the 'arrogant' category often understands financial privilege. $85 ticket or a few hundred for XCopper is category dues, cheaper than losing a tee time or spa appointment by being late.

na.. she was waiting for the guy in her left (signalling left). When I arrived, I saw a couple going to their car (her right) so I follow and signal to their spot (her right) . This couple is finished before the guy she was waiting... she took mine instead of wait for her spot..

na.. she was waiting for the guy in her left (signalling left). When I arrived, I saw a couple going to their car (her right) so I follow and signal to their spot (her right) . This couple is finished before the guy she was waiting... she took mine instead of wait for her spot..
Who was there first?

- she was there waiting the guys on her left (he was putting stuff into his car) (that why she signal left)
- I saw and followed the guy in her right getting into the car, I waited and signal
- somehow the guy I waited pull out before her guys
- so she just took my spot. (noted, when she pull up, her still has her left signal on.

- she was there waiting the guys on her left (he was putting stuff into his car) (that why she signal left)
- I saw and followed the guy in her right getting into the car, I waited and signal
- somehow the guy I waited pull out before her guys
- so she just took my spot. (noted, when she pull up, her still has her left signal on.

See the post above yours.
I don’t think you’ll find too many people on your side on this one.
She was there waiting before you. Would it have been better if she didn’t have a blinking light on her car?
Don’t be an impatient “Me first! Me first!” driver.
In the words of Sandy from Pro 6 Cycle - “Be kind to one another.”

Back
Top Bottom