The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 104 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

[video=youtube;OkfDK8PfZcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkfDK8PfZcU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

5cd61b14fec1a9933e613aa19e7fffbb.jpg

Gas tank secured.

Sent from my Robin

[video=youtube;5hvc7I5EZyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hvc7I5EZyw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The glare from the sun doesn't help, but yesterday morning this lady hit an older man, a boy in a stroller, and their dog while they were crossing the road.

The man was pretty banged up and bleeding but was okay. The dog was run over and had the leash break so it took off and nobody could find it. The child was luckily unharmed, just really upset. Thankfully there were tons of people around who stopped to help, and I think between my video and the statements from myself and the white CR-V (turning right on the opposite side) were more than enough for the cop.

[video=youtube;3z5RYAMmkY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5RYAMmkY8[/video]

The glare from the sun doesn't help, but yesterday morning this lady hit an older man, a boy in a stroller, and their dog while they were crossing the road.

The man was pretty banged up and bleeding but was okay. The dog was run over and had the leash break so it took off and nobody could find it. The child was luckily unharmed, just really upset. Thankfully there were tons of people around who stopped to help, and I think between my video and the statements from myself and the white CR-V (turning right on the opposite side) were more than enough for the cop.

[video=youtube;3z5RYAMmkY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5RYAMmkY8[/video]

good on you for stopping/helping.

do you know what the driver got charged with?

btw - what camera are you using? I need to get another one for my second car.

good on you for stopping/helping.

do you know what the driver got charged with?

btw - what camera are you using? I need to get another one for my second car.

Blackvue DR650

Corollas say two things to me 1- I don't care what takes me from point A to B 2- let's never be friends
I don't know. I've had someone in a brand new big fancy car, make the same mistakes and almost take my son out at a crosswalk. He was doing 80+ in a 60 and ran into the back of a car stopped at the crosswalk. The force drove them both through it, and if my wife hadn't pulled my son back as he was stepping off the curb . . . Different people have prejudices against different car makes for different reasons, but it's the drivers who are to blame. I try to hate them all equally.

I don't know. I've had someone in a brand new big fancy car, make the same mistakes and almost take my son out at a crosswalk. He was doing 80+ in a 60 and ran into the back of a car stopped at the crosswalk. The force drove them both through it, and if my wife hadn't pulled my son back as he was stepping off the curb . . . Different people have prejudices against different car makes for different reasons, but it's the drivers who are to blame. I try to hate them all equally.

Was it a BMW?

If I (or anyone) were to take a tally of "I don't know what I'm doing drivers" vs "I own the road and drive like an aggressive d-bag", I think you can see certain types cars will fall into the expected category for the most part.

Then there are the 2008-2012 Civic drivers which seem like 70% of them drive with their high beams on all the time... I pulled ^ that number out of my ***, but every oncoming driver with their highbeams on at night are usually identified as a Civic.

Last edited:
Different people have prejudices against different car makes for different reasons, but it's the drivers who are to blame. I try to hate them all equally.

Very true.

But oddly, in the GTA it's a higher than normal probability that Corolla drivers are the ones that tend to do stupid things. Why these drivers all insist on driving Corollas is a curious statistic. Especially in Brampton...

Was it a BMW?

If I (or anyone) were to take a tally of "I don't know what I'm doing drivers" vs "I own the road and drive like an aggressive d-bag", I think you can see certain types cars will fall into the expected category for the most part.

Then there are the 2008-2012 Civic drivers which seem like 70% of them drive with their high beams on all the time... I pulled ^ that number out of my ***, but every oncoming driver with their highbeams on at night are usually identified as a Civic.

Doesn't the blue light mean my headlights are working :D

... Seriously though, I have a few customer's whom I've tried to explain the correct headlight operation to, and without fail, the next time the car is in for service, the high beams are back on...

I've accidentally had my highs on the bike. The problem is that if you don't use them all the time, you may hit the switch by accident, and not notice until the next time you look down. Lots of bikes seem to have this issue. For me it's useless to try and identify one brand of car or bike, when I've seen just about every type, even some rare ones, doing something stupid.

Back
Top Bottom