The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 90 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Wow, how could he/she even get into the car, that's some fancy driving, roads are for regular driving

I wish that the dash cam driver, or one of the others driving-by, would've called 911. I believe the cops would've prioritized response to that call...

I wish that the dash cam driver, or one of the others driving-by, would've called 911. I believe the cops would've prioritized response to that call...

I had a similar incident a few years back on The Gardiner, at Spadina; guy in an old convertible who was whacked out on something, at 4:00pm on a weekday. This was before I was running cameras. Traffic would move on and he'd be oblivious to it then, after 5 to 10 seconds, would blast up behind the car in front of him and nail the brakes. His head was lolling back and forth whether he was moving or not. I managed to get another driver to call 911, because I was on my bike and couldn't, and they still hadn't arrived by the time I hit the 427 north ramp and lost sight of him. That he hadn't taken out a few cars along the way was a miracle.

Wow, how could he/she even get into the car, that's some fancy driving, roads are for regular driving

Was just warming up his tires... Taxi got in the way.

[video=youtube;lvcT06S860g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvcT06S860g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;lvcT06S860g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvcT06S860g&feature=youtu.be[/video]
I always love people who drive slow, slow, slow, and then run the red lights. Do they get a special thrill out of being the last one through, or something else?

In some of these posts the frustrated drivers are well justified in taking normally unacceptable actions to bypass the people creating dangerous traffic obstacles.

- The guy who passes the two idiots who are driving beside each other going the same speed for 2 minutes on a two lane road
- The van or SUV who passes the two trucks that should not be passing each other or driving beside each other on a two lane road when their speeds are approximately the same.

The left lane is for passing folks, make your pass and then move back over or you will frustrate people and if they are already stressed out dangerous situations can occur. Ultimately they are primarily responsible for taking such drastic and illegal actions, but we all need to work together to help people get where they are going safely and expediently...rather than selfishly blocking both lanes and taking ages to make a simple pass.

In some of these posts the frustrated drivers are well justified in taking normally unacceptable actions to bypass the people creating dangerous traffic obstacles.

- The guy who passes the two idiots who are driving beside each other going the same speed for 2 minutes on a two lane road
- The van or SUV who passes the two trucks that should not be passing each other or driving beside each other on a two lane road when their speeds are approximately the same.

The left lane is for passing folks, make your pass and then move back over or you will frustrate people and if they are already stressed out dangerous situations can occur. Ultimately they are primarily responsible for taking such drastic and illegal actions, but we all need to work together to help people get where they are going safely and expediently...rather than selfishly blocking both lanes and taking ages to make a simple pass.

Being frustrated is no excuse for creating a dangerous situation.

The fault is more like 60/40 or 70/30 - you can't use the rules of the road as an excuse to be a passive aggressive ********* that attempts to keep people from passing.

I see it on the roads everywhere but so far out of all the places I've been, Ontario is the worst for this...people speed up, sometimes really overtly to attempt to close gaps and prevent others from passing.

Again, not excusing the aggressive moves, but people who block up the road are almost as bad.

So passing on the wrong side of the road to pass someone becomes acceptable and justified because the driver is frustrated at someone "creating a dangerous obstacle"?

What is more dangerous, blocking passing traffic by going the speed limit, or passing on the wrong side of the road with oncoming traffic?

The fault is more like 60/40 or 70/30 - you can't use the rules of the road as an excuse to be a passive aggressive ********* that attempts to keep people from passing.

I see it on the roads everywhere but so far out of all the places I've been, Ontario is the worst for this...people speed up, sometimes really overtly to attempt to close gaps and prevent others from passing.

Again, not excusing the aggressive moves, but people who block up the road are almost as bad.

There is a difference between being a passive aggressive dick blocking traffic merging into their lane, and someone who is oblivious to the fact that the left lane is used for passing.

And yes, people can, and have used the rules of the road in their favor to make sure they end up in front. The collisions I've heard of and seen have the fault put on the person merging in.

So passing on the wrong side of the road to pass someone becomes acceptable and justified because the driver is frustrated at someone "creating a dangerous obstacle"?

What is more dangerous, blocking passing traffic by going the speed limit, or passing on the wrong side of the road with oncoming traffic?

Both are dangerous, both should be punished. Passing in a way that people wouldn't normally expect is more dangerous than blocking the road, but not much more wrong from an ethical perspective.

There is a difference between being a passive aggressive dick blocking traffic merging into their lane, and someone who is oblivious to the fact that the left lane is used for passing.

A difference of intention but not of the end-result; being ignorant while driving is in itself offensive and dangerous.

Do I think someone who "doesn't know" is a bad person in the same way that someone who intentionally blocks is? No, but they still don't belong on the road.

A road filled with aggressive people is far better (and safer) than one filled with ignorant morons or passive aggressive people.

-------------

The point of my somewhat contrarian post here is to show you (in this case "mathew") that you are making yourself a part of the "traffic is a line-up and everyone should wait because I have to" culture perhaps without even realizing it...one of the captions in the video is "I'm not waiting!" or similar....traffic isn't a lineup, we should all be doing everything we can to facilitate people in a hurry going faster and passing safely.

Last edited:
I enjoy making people waiting in line and following the rules. If I have to do it, so does everyone else.

I enjoy making people waiting in line and following the rules. If I have to do it, so does everyone else.

Leave the policing to the police and just focus on being safe and arriving at your destination in one piece.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this means you are an ******* and going to get yourself or others injured or killed.

Leave the policing to the police and just focus on being safe and arriving at your destination in one piece.

ok. you set me straight. i have seen the err of my ways.

a few years old. car in front looks like it had a tire blow out
[video=youtube;ILA89ytI2GQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILA89ytI2GQ[/video]

Back
Top Bottom