The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Unfortunately everyone is too impatient and self-absorbed to do that, so they just cut off a bunch of other drivers instead.

Goes two ways on that one too. Everyone is too impatient and self-absorbed to recognize when someone may have made a simple mistake and rather than offer a break, they just cut of their heads with blasting horns and assuming the worst intentions. Lord O' Mighty I can only imagine the saintly driving you do 100% of the time.

.. and I'd love you find me the HTA bits that specific travelling in a lane for a length of time, etc..

Goes two ways on that one too. Everyone is too impatient and self-absorbed to recognize when someone may have made a simple mistake and rather than offer a break, they just cut of their heads with blasting horns and assuming the worst intentions. Lord O' Mighty I can only imagine the saintly driving you do 100% of the time.

.. and I'd love you find me the HTA bits that specific travelling in a lane for a length of time, etc..

So what makes more sense; that many people must give way to one person, or that one person should avoid inconveniencing many people? Mistake or not the action is selfish, even if you don't consider it to be illegal.

As to the bit about travelling in a lane for some distance before making a lane change, it's the case law determination of the meaning of this section of the HTA:

142. (1) The driver or operator of a vehicle upon a highway before turning to the left or right at any intersection or into a private road or driveway or from one lane for traffic to another lane for traffic or to leave the roadway shall first see that the movement can be made in safety, and if the operation of any other vehicle may be affected by the movement shall give a signal plainly visible to the driver or operator of the other vehicle of the intention to make the movement. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 142 (1).

The driver was the vehicle at the off-ramp. The driver could have easily changed lanes, to the one I was in, before any traffic was there.

oh **** I missed my turn! no worries, everyone will wait for MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Civilized people just take the next safe turn. Selfish ***** just cut everyone else off. Civilized people don't cause traffic jams because they made mistakes. Selfish ***** have no consideration for other people. Be a selfish dick, but don't cry like a baby when people call it out.

oh **** I missed my turn! no worries, everyone will wait for MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Civilized people just take the next safe turn. Selfish ***** just cut everyone else off. Civilized people don't cause traffic jams because they made mistakes. Selfish ***** have no consideration for other people. Be a selfish dick, but don't cry like a baby when people call it out.

This.

No dash cam ...

Today, while waiting at a red light on Finch Ave at Islington in the right through lane, a Beck taxi (which was a Toyota Camry hybrid) was in the left through lane. When the green left-turn arrow came on (for our direction - westbound - and for the opposite direction), the taxi went straight through the intersection!

The car that had been waiting in the opposite direction to make the opposing left turn saw this coming and stopped.

And ... There was a Toronto cop car in our left-turn lane a few cars back, who was too far back in the backlog to make it through on that cycle of the green arrow ... The cop did nothing ...

What's the signage like before the turn? There should be a sign stating which lane is for the onramp there.
Also, many GPS's will say make a left, and not make a left then a right, at turns like that.

Clearly the guy was in the wrong, and should have simply waited until he could make his turn in safety, although people who had some momentum might then change lanes and go around him before he got the chance.

In the rest of the Country it wouldn't be an issue,
e.g. Nova Scotia, where if you look at someone beside you they roll down the window and ask if you need in,
but of course in the Centre of the Universe things might be different . . .

attachment.php

upside down disabled parking sticker ?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 120
please start using the same circus music as Rob's vids. Best music for all these vids.

attachment.php

upside down disabled parking sticker ?

Judging by the displayed attitude I would hazard a guess that the disabled parking placard is either a fake or belongs to a family member, and the driver in question is not legal to use it.

please start using the same circus music as Rob's vids. Best music for all these vids.

There's something about a Sousa March that just screams "impending idiocy" ;)

Judging by the displayed attitude I would hazard a guess that the disabled parking placard is either a fake or belongs to a family member, and the driver in question is not legal to use it.

Majority of handicapped parking permits I see downtown adorn the dashes of brand new high-end vehicles like that of Mr. Range Doucher. I believe I've mentioned that Lambo on King St that had one. Fabulous car for someone with a physical or mental ailment.

Majority of handicapped parking permits I see downtown adorn the dashes of brand new high-end vehicles like that of Mr. Range Doucher. I believe I've mentioned that Lambo on King St that had one. Fabulous car for someone with a physical or mental ailment.

And I frequently see apparently healthy middle aged men get out of rather large pickup trucks with much gear going off to their construction jobs, who have handicapped placards on their dashes, in the downtown core.

Maybe they suffer from crippling anxiety triggered by the inability to find free downtown parking.

Just hang around Metro Hall you'll see lots of the placards. It use to cheese me off as my mother in law was wheelchair bound.

I believe I've mentioned that Lambo on King St that had one. Fabulous car for someone with a physical or mental ailment.

I was going to say...with any sort of physical ailment I don't think it would be physically possible to get into a Lambo. I've been in one.

Maybe the disability comes as part of the ownership experience. Come to think of it, I'm still trying to straighten my spine out many years later after getting in and out just once.

Back
Top Bottom