The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

I wish my dashcam were on for this one. I was leaving my neighbourhood in the truck and noticed a couple of guys hanging around the end of their driveway. So I drift a little to the left in order to give them space. Not that they needed it or anything, it's just something I do if I see people hanging out close to or on the road. As I get close, this one moron intentionally runs in front of my truck flailing his arms and then jumps out of the way at the last second. Instinctively, I hit the brakes and swerve a bit. When I came to a stop, I reversed up to him, lowered the window and said "WTF was that!"
This ****** bag walks up to my window already yelling, claiming I was flying down the road at 80 km/h (which I wasn't btw) and what if his kids had been out playing, blah, blah, blah.
I told him I wasn't speeding and that regardless he was the idiot for jumping in front of my car. I won't lie, I allowed the situation to get to me and by this point we were both yelling. It's not a busy street but now there were cars being blocked both in front and behind us and he must've noticed too because he suddenly changed his tone and said "can you please slow down?" I said, "Yes, I can and would've had no problem if you asked that way to begin with and if you hadn't jumped in front of my car". To which he replied "how else was I suppose to stop you?" Unbelievable.

I wish my dashcam were on for this one. I was leaving my neighbourhood in the truck and noticed a couple of guys hanging around the end of their driveway. So I drift a little to the left in order to give them space. Not that they needed it or anything, it's just something I do if I see people hanging out close to or on the road. As I get close, this one moron intentionally runs in front of my truck flailing his arms and then jumps out of the way at the last second. Instinctively, I hit the brakes and swerve a bit. When I came to a stop, I reversed up to him, lowered the window and said "WTF was that!"
This ****** bag walks up to my window already yelling, claiming I was flying down the road at 80 km/h (which I wasn't btw) and what if his kids had been out playing, blah, blah, blah.
I told him I wasn't speeding and that regardless he was the idiot for jumping in front of my car. I won't lie, I allowed the situation to get to me and by this point we were both yelling. It's not a busy street but now there were cars being blocked both in front and behind us and he must've noticed too because he suddenly changed his tone and said "can you please slow down?" I said, "Yes, I can and would've had no problem if you asked that way to begin with and if you hadn't jumped in front of my car". To which he replied "how else was I suppose to stop you?" Unbelievable.

I don't believe that it counts

if he wasn't driving.

The oncoming lane has an advanced green. Watch the light and the turning vehicles.

[video=youtube;nEiUW3MVUtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEiUW3MVUtk[/video]

The oncoming lane has an advanced green. Watch the light and the turning vehicles.

[video=youtube;nEiUW3MVUtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEiUW3MVUtk[/video]

Sorry, but it isn't a Toronto specialty and he/she can't get dinged with 172 for that. Anywhere that there are advanced greens, that happens.

Here there are people that like to believe that the car in front, proxy stopped for them at the red, and that they therefore have the right of way over cars travelling through the green light.

I've had a convoy of three cars make a right on red without stopping so close together, that I would have had to hit two of the three to invoke my right of way on the green.

Last edited:
Sorry, but it isn't a Toronto specialty and he/she can't get dinged with 172 for that. Anywhere that there are advanced greens, that happens.

Here there are people that like to believe that the car in front, proxy stopped for them at the red, and that they therefore have the right of way over cars travelling through the green light.

I've had a convoy of three cars make a right on red without stopping so close together, that I would have had to hit two of the three to invoke my right of way on the green.

Getting hit with 172 for this is debatable, as it makes no mention of advanced green lights.

Ooook I will contribute.

Happened the other day...White BMW approaches intersection and crosses white line without stopping nearly missing pedestrians. He was so distracted by trying to get past the pedestrians, he neglected to look for oncoming traffic and enters the intersection while I was half way through going 60km/h....I anticipated that he would do this after blowing by the pedestrians so I lifted as I entered the intersection.

[video=youtube;dRcaEbavUAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRcaEbavUAc[/video]

Ooook I will contribute.

Happened the other day...White BMW approaches intersection and crosses white line without stopping nearly missing pedestrians. He was so distracted by trying to get past the pedestrians, he neglected to look for oncoming traffic and enters the intersection while I was half way through going 60km/h....I anticipated that he would do this after blowing by the pedestrians so I lifted as I entered the intersection.

[video=youtube;dRcaEbavUAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRcaEbavUAc[/video]

Ah, I see you have some migrants from our part of the Province.

I see a trend happening where I live. Idiots intentionally trying to cause accidents or intentionally trying to block you. Just this morning an idiot was in front of me. Apparently he wants to make a left turn. Signals to make a left but pulls to the right almost close to the curb of the road. This made me confused & stop for no reason

I see a trend happening where I live. Idiots intentionally trying to cause accidents or intentionally trying to block you. Just this morning an idiot was in front of me. Apparently he wants to make a left turn. Signals to make a left but pulls to the right almost close to the curb of the road. This made me confused & stop for no reason

I see that sort of thing occasionally but what I see far more is someone deciding that they are going to get in somewhere, whether or not they have right-of-way, and simply daring everyone else to hit them.

I see that sort of thing occasionally but what I see far more is someone deciding that they are going to get in somewhere, whether or not they have right-of-way, and simply daring everyone else to hit them.

I miss doing that when I have the right of way :(. But the new car is nice for now

Ooook I will contribute.

Ah, the old "I have a red light, but I'm making a right turn so I can completely disregard the red light" approach ...

I miss doing that when I have the right of way :(. But the new car is nice for now

When I used to have my old rusty Dakota, I enjoyed watching the arrogant idiots in Audis and BMWs try to play chicken with me when they drove up the breakdown lane of the ramp from Lakeshore to The Gardiner, at York, then have to decide if they wanted to hit me or the concrete wall.

Ah, the old "I have a red light, but I'm making a right turn so I can completely disregard the red light" approach ...
I hate this. And it's gotten to the point where I've gotta to do it sometimes because the person behind me is riding my ass and if I don't do it I'll get rear ended.

When I do stop at right turn red lights, I'll see the car behind me suddenly dip forward and sling back. No one expects a proper right turn. The worst is on uphills especially since I drive stick. I'll be stopping at a red to make a right on an uphill and the car behind me doesn't expect this and comes inches from my bumper. Then I'll have to roll back to get the car going because I'm not used to the ebrake trick.

This is why when I'm crossing as a pedestrian and the right turn lane isn't visible because people don't like to stop behind the line, I'll poke my head out around the corner before committing my body to it because there's always someone who's blasting through this lane

Yeah I have been seeing that for a while

I hate this. And it's gotten to the point where I've gotta to do it sometimes because the person behind me is riding my *** and if I don't do it I'll get rear ended.

When I do stop at right turn red lights, I'll see the car behind me suddenly dip forward and sling back. No one expects a proper right turn. The worst is on uphills especially since I drive stick. I'll be stopping at a red to make a right on an uphill and the car behind me doesn't expect this and comes inches from my bumper. Then I'll have to roll back to get the car going because I'm not used to the ebrake trick.

This is why when I'm crossing as a pedestrian and the right turn lane isn't visible because people don't like to stop behind the line, I'll poke my head out around the corner before committing my body to it because there's always someone who's blasting through this lane

If you roar up to the stop bar and then slam on the brakes to stop, then people will expect you to roll through.

If you slow down well in advance, they tend to expect you to stop.

The feeling that you're getting is even worse when one is on a bicycle, however, I always stop then too.

If you roar up to the stop bar and then slam on the brakes to stop, then people will expect you to roll through.

If you slow down well in advance, they tend to expect you to stop.

The feeling that you're getting is even worse when one is on a bicycle, however, I always stop then too.
I never roar to stops. Brake lights are always on upon entering the right turn lane.

People just love being 2 feet away from my car I guess.

Same for stop signs, brake lights are always on and my car dips down, but that doesn't stop someone behind me from slamming their brakes.

Caught this one back in February. Watch from 1:50 on...

[video=youtube;frYAbQ7u4DU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYAbQ7u4DU[/video]

One of my own:

[video=youtube;aCHaM0UgOm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCHaM0UgOm8[/video]

Back
Top Bottom