The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 319 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

So OPP in GTA will now get every driver they pull over to blow in an alcohol screening device. Maybe not a bad plan. I was listening to police radio and on the evening of april 30, durham had zero people on shift that were certified to take a reading with the legal breathalyzer and they were looking for an officer from aurora or mississauga to do the test for them. Wth, you are testing everybody and you don't have enough qualified staff to have at least one on each shift? That is going to go poorly.
The drug recondition qualified members are near nonexistent as well combine that with the plate readers in every unit its got to be a herculean task managing manpower at detachment level these days.
Burnout is gonna be taking a toll.

The drug recondition qualified members are near nonexistent as well combine that with the plate readers in every unit its got to be a herculean task managing manpower at detachment level these days.
Burnout is gonna be taking a toll.
If they don't have the staff to get evidence for convictions MAS will generate interesting data but may be a PR nightmare. Do they just give everyone a warn regardless of screening level? Iirc, those don't need the calibrated breathalyzer nor court as you aren't being charged they are just taking your license. The press release at the end where they pulled over x cars and took the keys away from y% may sound good on the surface but if media does its job and digs for charges/convictions, I expect the farce will be exposed.

I live in Brampton.. we have our own rules.. If it's been red for less than 30 seconds.. you're good to go.

Seriously.. It's interesting to watch a Brampton intersection.. when a light turns green.. nobody moves for a bit.. I think to make sure no one is running the red.
This ^^^

If I see any car coming up to a new red I will not move on my green until I see them stopping. Of course, being Brampton, that doesnt mean they will actually will stop.

This ^^^

If I see any car coming up to a new red I will not move on my green until I see them stopping. Of course, being Brampton, that doesnt mean they will actually will stop.
I'm good at checking for traffic to stop on fresh greens. I'm not convinced that I am going slow enough to stop if someone blows a stale green. Sight lines don't give you enough time in many cases if both vehicles are travelling at or above the speed limit and one ignores the lights.

Not sure where to post this but…recent crash on the 401 appears to have been called off by brass…yet 6 cruisers continued resulting in the family fatality.

Lawyer up Durham police…

Babies mom and dad were in the car with the grandparents. Parents survived. This may set a record for lawsuits against canadian police by a single party.

There was a survivor in the robber van somehow. My money is on him also suing the police for endangering his life. Who knows if that will be successful. Dbags gonna dbag. Lawsuit pays a lot better than robbing lcbo.

Last edited:
If they don't have the staff to get evidence for convictions MAS will generate interesting data but may be a PR nightmare. Do they just give everyone a warn regardless of screening level? Iirc, those don't need the calibrated breathalyzer nor court as you aren't being charged they are just taking your license. The press release at the end where they pulled over x cars and took the keys away from y% may sound good on the surface but if media does its job and digs for charges/convictions, I expect the farce will be exposed.
Generally, criminals are stupid. A lot get arrested during stops for expired plates, dumb turns etc. This adds a few more charges to the books.

However the real problem is that driving has gone to the shitz. I stopped at a four way to make a left onto my street and a Jeep blew through on my right without even slowing down. How many LEOs do we need to cull the herd?

Driving, for many, is a self entitled right and laws are seen as impeding their right to travel.

Fixing it without the cooperation of drivers would require a massive increase of LEOs along with the administrative cost. Or it would take mandating massive new fine levels requiring judges that would impose the new penalties. Or more drivers, facing $XXXX fines, would run with the unintended consequences of crashes.

Legislating morality is a pipe dream.

Generally, criminals are stupid. A lot get arrested during stops for expired plates, dumb turns etc. This adds a few more charges to the books.

However the real problem is that driving has gone to the shitz. I stopped at a four way to make a left onto my street and a Jeep blew through on my right without even slowing down. How many LEOs do we need to cull the herd?

Driving, for many, is a self entitled right and laws are seen as impeding their right to travel.

Fixing it without the cooperation of drivers would require a massive increase of LEOs along with the administrative cost. Or it would take mandating massive new fine levels requiring judges that would impose the new penalties. Or more drivers, facing $XXXX fines, would run with the unintended consequences of crashes.

Legislating morality is a pipe dream.
Increasing fines doesn't work. If your chances of being caught approach zero, then you're going to keep doing what you do. I almost got t-boned at a three way stop because someone to my left decided even though I got to the intersection first, they only needed to slow down rather than stopping at the stop sign. This is why I have cameras, though I wish I had them to the sides as well.

What moron thinks they're Superman and can stop a car by standing in front of it?
Add YRP in tacticool clothing to that list.

Last edited:
At YRP in tacticool clothing to that list.

Don't they show them Road runner cartoons. Cop seems to be OK but will be sore for a while. Attempted murder charges pending ??

Increasing fines doesn't work. If your chances of being caught approach zero, then you're going to keep doing what you do. I almost got t-boned at a three way stop because someone to my left decided even though I got to the intersection first, they only needed to slow down rather than stopping at the stop sign. This is why I have cameras, though I wish I had them to the sides as well

I thought about drivers submitting dash cams but to be effective in court the cameras would need to have some sort of certification and the recording driver possibly the status of a notary. More than one person would volunteer. Free policing.

The bad part is the recording driver would have to be available to testify and if they did, they become known to the offending driver. That could get risky with a possible vendetta.

I don't see the police services appreciating assistance from non-union, non-dues paying help.

Sometimes I give drunks and fools a long leash. They eventually expose themselves for what they are and what they think. I don't know if an unmarked police car could do the same.

The person that blew past me at the four way stop probably sped through the school zone a half Km down the road and did something stupid at the next traffic light. Could an unmarked car wait until the fool made a few bad moves and get a hat trick?

240kph at 16 years old…

240kph at 16 years old…

Looks like it's Daddy's S5.

GMvBiQeXQAAU15G

You hear about these guys speeding, but I think this is the first I've heard of getting charged with Dangerous (criminal code) on top of stunting?
I strongly suspect that "failure to comply with a release order" has something to do with the Criminal Code charges. I'm guessing that his learning curve could be used to check if your deck is level.

ID check on the way in mostly deals with both of those issues. I thought it was a good idea in concept, not sure why it was killed before they had a chance to evaluate it. Maybe the first day had a door blocked for the entire day by a Karen screaming about communism.
If I recall, the Karen’s were protesting that the initial locations using us screening had high indigenous demographics, and the marginalized community did not trust the use of ID collection.

Id be OK if the LCBO went back to the wicket dispensing used into the 70s. Pretty hard to shoplift that setup.

Have been tempted to let loose a can of spray foam into muffler of similar offender in my area with a note on windshield saying "stop driving like an Ahole"
Just do the spray foam. Don’t forget to squirt the door locks and the trigger for the hood latch.

Just do the spray foam. Don’t forget to squirt the door locks and the trigger for the hood latch.
I found the local BMW terrorizer with such dark tint on his rear plate it's almost invisible...unless you're walking 2ft behind him while he forgot to hide it in the garage...oops.

I found the local BMW terrorizer with such dark tint on his rear plate it's almost invisible...unless you're walking 2ft behind him while he forgot to hide it in the garage...oops.
Did you get the plate number? Do you have a date, time, street that he drove poorly? Fill in the form online and they will send them a grumpy letter. More importantly, that will show up on the computer when cops pull them over and they will show less mercy.

Back
Top Bottom