The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

[video=youtube;99Q-rxHLsL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Q-rxHLsL4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That guy has skills. Most people would have completely lost it.

Looks like he probably got a wheel caught in a trough of slush which started it.

Big kudos for the recovery.

That guy has skills. Most people would have completely lost it.

Looks like he probably got a wheel caught in a trough of slush which started it.

Big kudos for the recovery.

Late model BMW 5 or 7 series. ESP probably saved the day.

I've seen a car without ESP go into the spin cycle and end up in the right ditch, directly in front of me.

Hoepfully the video doesn't change. It's a disaster after 1 inch of snow.

It really is in many parts of the USA. This is a photo of Baltimore as we returned from our last cruise. There was barely enough snow to cover the asphalt, but it ground the city into a near shutdown. Took us 3 hours to get from the cruiseport back to our hotel where the car was parked, and then another 2-3 hours to make it out of the city before we got into clear interstate.

baltimoresnow.jpg

I have flights booked for Sunday for a business trip with a stopover is in Washington, and I just found out that both the flights into and out of Washington are cancelled. The eventual destination is beyond the storm's path but there's no direct flight. Situation unknown.

They've cancelled flights 3 days out already?

Sheesh. And I thought the school boards overreacted cancelling the school busses when there was a few CM of snow forecasted, much less actually even falling, or on the ground.

Maybe it's just the video but it seems like the guy driving the truck was really slow to react.

To me it looked like he didn't have anywhere to go. If he'd turned to the left, he'd have been turning into the potential path of the van. To his right was nothing but an insufficient breakdown lane and a Jersey Barrier. His best move would likely have been to nail the brakes the moment that he saw the van go out of control, but that calls for a bit of psychic power on the driver's part.

To me it looked like he didn't have anywhere to go. If he'd turned to the left, he'd have been turning into the potential path of the van. To his right was nothing but an insufficient breakdown lane and a Jersey Barrier. His best move would likely have been to nail the brakes the moment that he saw the van go out of control, but that calls for a bit of psychic power on the driver's part.

Again maybe it's just hard to tell in the video but it looks like he didn't hit the brakes until the PT was right in front of him.

If that's the case then no psychic powers would be required. Could/should have been hard on the brakes if they had noticed the sideways/backwards car two lanes over.

Back
Top Bottom