The Allure of Motorcycle Camping | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Allure of Motorcycle Camping

On a quad trail in Ouareau Park in Quebec. Super nice trail and pretty close to Montreal.

I camped a little further north in the Rouge-Matawin reserve next to Saint-Michel-des-Saints.

wild camping or a site?

Judging by the terrain it could have been wild camping if he wanted to. I much prefer the wild camping. No neighbours and the wood is free.

wild camping or a site?

This time was at a site, although there were lots of opportunities to wild camp. Honestly when camping alone, I tend to prefer camp sites - they just feel more safe with other people around, even though I know rationally they're not.

Nice! How’s the versys300x treating you? How many Ks on it? I’ve been putting mine through hell and it keeps on going lol, it’s impressive what the little versys can do

It's awesome, I was doing some pretty hard quad trails and it handled them perfectly. You can't ask for a better do-it-all bike in my opinion, it can go 130km/h on the highway all day in total comfort and is still light enough to do well off-road.

I've got around 12,000kms on it and plan to keep it for a long time.

It's awesome, I was doing some pretty hard quad trails and it handled them perfectly. You can't ask for a better do-it-all bike in my opinion, it can go 130km/h on the highway all day in total comfort and is still light enough to do well off-road.

I've got around 12,000kms on it and plan to keep it for a long time.
Yup! Same here, such a good do it all bike and sips fuel with its massive tank, mines got 18,000 now, bought it a couple weeks ago at 14,000

Looks awesome @caje and glad to see you’re enjoying the 300! I actually considered going to the 300 for off-road capability as it may be better than my 500X. Not sure yet.

Keep on going! Enjoy the camping and exploring!

Looks awesome @caje and glad to see you’re enjoying the 300! I actually considered going to the 300 for off-road capability as it may be better than my 500X. Not sure yet.

My buddy has a Vsys300 and he's taken it off-roading with us a couple of times. Seems like not a bad tool for dirt. Compared to the CB500X, both bikes will need a suspension upgrade for serious dirt duty, but the biggest advantage for the Vsys is that it's 50 lbs lighter.

Back
Top Bottom