The 10am Crowd | GTAMotorcycle.com

The 10am Crowd

Merkid

So a buddy of mine being a TO fire fighter always complained about what they called the '10am crowd'. He described them as the older retired folks that would wait until after the morning rush hour to go venture out in their vehicles for the usual errands like shopping, post office and pharmacy trips etc. He also mentioned that he thought they were too cautious when driving such that they would adhere to the posted speed limits or less, drive in the wrong lanes, rarely signal for turns etc.

As a fire fighter when attending an emergency these same folks he said held up traffic unnecessarily and would not get out of the way of emergency vehicles. I was still working my day job in an office so never experienced this breed of road warriors.

I used to laugh at his stories until I retired and experienced the '10am crowd'. Yes, I also plan my bike trips until after the morning rush and soon realized there is such a group and they can be hazardous.

The nice thing is that they are easy to spot cuz they drive only cars, not SUV's and have numerous dents and paint removed around their car perimeters. To get around them with a watch full eye is fairly straight forward if planned in advance. Hey, I'm almost 70 now too.....oh no.

I will take the 10am crowd over the 8:45 crowd that thinks time travel is possible while doing an email, shave, makeup and would stab you in the neck if you think about merging in front of them.
Over 70 cuts you off, never saw you, event never registered, was a accident, they are sorry.
Under 60 cuts you off, maybe saw you but knows they are faster, event registered when you beeped, now they are ****** at you for calling them out and that's not a good deal when you are on a bike.
Not sure about the 60 - 70 group, depends on the day?

Shoot I'm part of that crowd and I'm not retired!
I hate traffic, so I usually wait until after rush hour to start errands and such just like them. But I'll take that crowd over the aggressive a-holes the rest of the time. Plus if they are driving slow, it's easy to get around them. 🤷‍♂️

Over 70 cuts you off, never saw you, event never registered, was a accident, they are sorry.

I was stopped at a red light (Leslie & Finch), to the right of the left-turning lane. A beige early 90s Corolla very slowly and painfully scraped their entire right side along the rear left corner of my car; as they were trying to get into the turning lane. Never mind that there was a center lane they could have used for more room, or that the turning lane they were trying to get into was empty so there was no rush. Elderly couple, very apologetic, said they didn't see me...

So a buddy of mine being a TO fire fighter always complained about what they called the '10am crowd'. He described them as the older retired folks that would wait until after the morning rush hour to go venture out in their vehicles for the usual errands like shopping, post office and pharmacy trips etc. He also mentioned that he thought they were too cautious when driving such that they would adhere to the posted speed limits or less, drive in the wrong lanes, rarely signal for turns etc.

As a fire fighter when attending an emergency these same folks he said held up traffic unnecessarily and would not get out of the way of emergency vehicles. I was still working my day job in an office so never experienced this breed of road warriors.

I used to laugh at his stories until I retired and joined the '10am crowd'. Yes, I also plan my bike trips until after the morning rush and soon realized there is such a group and they can be hazardous.

The nice thing is that they are easy to spot cuz they drive only cars, not SUV's and have numerous dents and paint removed around their car perimeters. To get around them with a watch full eye is fairly straight forward if planned in advance. Hey, I'm almost 70 now too.....oh no.
Fify Most of these folks don't believe that they themselves belong in the 10 am crowd, and complain about them incessantly.

So a buddy of mine being a TO fire fighter always complained about what they called the '10am crowd'. He described them as the older retired folks that would wait until after the morning rush hour to go venture out in their vehicles for the usual errands like shopping, post office and pharmacy trips etc.

Hey, I'm part of that crowd. Why would I want to spend my time driving with lunatics rushing off to work. We don't go anywhere before 9:30 or 10:00, not worth the hassle.

I will take the 10am crowd over the 8:45 crowd that thinks time travel is possible while doing an email, shave, makeup............

I'd be especially concerned about the guy who shaves and then puts on his makeup, not that there's anything wrong with that.

What the fireman forgot to tell you is that the "10am crowd" is all shopped out and home napping by about 3:30 PM, which is when the afternoon rush hours starts.

Most fireman work what 8 days a month at thier real job , then cause lineups at Costco , make it hard to book a decent tee time and even book all the cheap mid week flights to ski areas .
The 10am’ers are a mild inconvenience.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I was stopped at a red light (Leslie & Finch), to the right of the left-turning lane. A beige early 90s Corolla very slowly and painfully scraped their entire right side along the rear left corner of my car; as they were trying to get into the turning lane. Never mind that there was a center lane they could have used for more room, or that the turning lane they were trying to get into was empty so there was no rush. Elderly couple, very apologetic, said they didn't see me...

I've always said the most dangerous car on the road is the gold (beige) Corolla
30867467-1995-toyota-corolla-thumb.jpg

If you try to beat that old codger to a prime parking space he will preform a PIT maneuver on ya.

He was a courier that dropped off something at my work. Was leaving for lunch at the time and absolutely had to snap some pics of the car - because hilarious. I posted the pics on the Canadian forum on Audiworld for S&Gs and one of the other local guys on the forum from Newmarket jumped all over my post. He wanted the guy's name/work info. Apparently he was quite famous (infamous?) in the Newmarket area for driving around town like a complete **** stain.

I used to service parking garage ramps at condos and the ones at senior lifestyle building were scary.

The oldsters don't go out unless the weather is perfect so the car sits in the underground for days getting a coating of dust on the windshield. When the weather turns to perfect they go shopping but due to the low level of light in the garage they don't notice the dust.

They make their way to the exit ramp and when the door opens the sunlight hits the windshield blinding them. But they know they're pointed in the right direction and floor it.

Back
Top Bottom