That was crazy cool last night!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

That was crazy cool last night!!!

polo

I found myself riding through the start of the thunder-storm last night, and I've ridden in cold, in major wind and in heavy rain, but riding through the lightning was one of the craziest experiences ever.

It was cool and freaky at the same time to see lightning bolts shoot across the sky, and around me, seemingly, striking teh ground all around me. Sorry no pics. But let me say, I was tucked in like shyit, and praying a rosary :p.

Thanks for reading everyone :D

Yes, it's cool until the lightning strikes the telephone pole directly above you at which point you don't know if the tingling that you felt was from the emotional shock, or from electrical shock, at which point it becomes bloody terrifying.

It was cool and freaky at the same time to see lightning bolts shoot across the sky, and around me, seemingly, striking teh ground all around me.

BTDT. Nature can be a little awesome at times with displays like this, but the pucker factor of experiencing it on two wheels kinda takes away from the enjoyment. Glad you made it home safe; I did the commute from 'sauga to West Grey last night and arrived 10 minutes ahead of the brutal winds, thunder, lightning and rain that rocked the house until the wee hours of this morning.

Yes, it's cool until there are cars infront of you kicking up water making you even more invisible. Until that point though it really is fun, although I prefer to watch the lightning outside the storm, I don't enjoy damp feet...

I found myself riding through the start of the thunder-storm last night, and I've ridden in cold, in major wind and in heavy rain, but riding through the lightning was one of the craziest experiences ever.

It was cool and freaky at the same time to see lightning bolts shoot across the sky, and around me, seemingly, striking teh ground all around me. Sorry no pics. But let me say, I was tucked in like shyit, and praying a rosary :p.

Thanks for reading everyone :D

Dude I posted the same thing a few weeks ago!

dude it started raining while on was merging from dvp onto 404 and the wind picked up HARD! so i tucked in a booked it home lol.

the lightning was cool to watch as it streaks across the sky before it started raining though lol

I was actually heading down from Jacksons Point towards Thornhill at 2am, same exact experience, freaky but enjoyable, I was soaked by the time I got home. I had a tinted visor on because I was planning on returning home before sunset.

The lightning was amazingly beautiful.

I got caught in a Thunderstorm once in Northern Ontario on a cross country trip, near Dryden...was the scariest 5 KM riding of my life, out in the middle of nowhere, miles from civilization...no malls or gas stations to take refuge in...lightening all around me, no visibility...dark (night) hydroplaning side to side from the wind....I don't know how I made it into town but when I got there there were just two motels...first one no vacancy, second one had one room left - a family room...I had to fork over $140 to stay in a suite with 2 seperate bedrooms and a living room area by myself!

On the way back from that trip same thing happened, Northern Ontario, bad rain storm...made it into a small fishing town (forgot the name) and again, only two motels (is there a law that says there need to be at least two motels to prevent monopolies?!)...cool story though, both signs said 'no vacancy', but I went in to ask and the one guy saw I was on a bike, told me it was too dangerous to ride and gave me his 'fisherman's lodge' that he rents out ... it was basically a cabin in the woods, it had 3 or 4 bedrooms, a huge living room area, and an indoor area that that was designed for cleaning fishing stuff with a big sink and hose - i was able to wheel the bike in and give it a good wash before pushing back into Toronto the next day...and all this for $40! (got a little scared in that big cabin though....felt like 'Deleverance' :(

I wasn't riding in it, but I was driving from Barrie to Toronto when the worst of it hit and I have to share the story of the moronic cagers I was sharing the road with.

It was just north of Wonderland when the hail started to hit, and it was decent sized hail (though not a big as golf balls or anything). This is when the MOST FRUSTRATING THING happened... as I was approaching a bridge, everyone in front of me started slowing down - and as we came closer to the bridge I see that EVERY SINGLE driver in each lane stopped just shy of clearing the bridge so they were protected underneath the bride from the hail. Even the left and right safety lane was blocked by a row of cars trying to hide underneath the bridge.

I was about the 5th vehicle in the left-hand lane away from the car blocking traffic in my lane, so I was just under the bridge when I had to stop - and of course traffic started piling up behind us as this was around 6-7pm and traffic was still heavy.

After about 3 or 4 minutes of waiting, everyone started honking their horns and yelling at the morons holding back traffic to move - but none of them (6 or so cars - because there was a car blocking each lane AND the safety lanes) would move! It was almost like a staged protest like you would see by a bunch of truckers or tractors... but these idiots just didn't want their cars dented by the hail.

What made them think they were so special that they could block traffic and stay there as long as they pleased to protect their priceless cages??

Eventually people were getting out of their vehicles, slamming fists on cars, kicking them, etc. I thought it was going to turn into a demolition derby soon!!!

Finally after several very aggresive "shoves" with bumpers, the people in front started moving and traffic started moving - but at the very next bridge it started happening again, people slowing down, stopping completely, etc.

It just boggles my mind how stupid some people are, and how on earth they are allowed to continue driving on our roads.

When you see that sort of behaviour write down the license numbers, and report them to OPP via Roadwatch. Stopping on a major highway is incredibly dangerous, as was just shown by that moron who stopped for a duck, causing a muti-vehicle collision on the QEW.

Enough complaints and those drivers get a personal visit, from a OPP constable.

Stopping on a major highway is incredibly dangerous, as was just shown by that moron who stopped for a duck, causing a muti-vehicle collision on the QEW

Read about that the other day. And of course in the reader's comments section there's a large number of morons who, apparently having skipped all their Physics classes during high school, are placing the blame on all the transport trucks that were involved.

Read about that the other day. And of course in the reader's comments section there's a large number of morons who, apparently having skipped all their Physics classes during high school, are placing the blame on all the transport trucks that were involved.

Not to mention that no one expects a vehicle to stop on a 100 Kmh, limited access highway, for no visible reason.

dude it started raining while on was merging from dvp onto 404 and the wind picked up HARD! so i tucked in a booked it home lol.

the lightning was cool to watch as it streaks across the sky before it started raining though lol

Good thing the wind didn't hamper your merging from a straight highway to a straight highway.

Good thing the wind didn't hamper your merging from a straight highway to a straight highway.

Ha ha.

OTOH there are two lanes of traffic from the left, and 1-2 lanes of traffic from the right, and the HTA requires that all parties participate equally in merging, so...

Ha ha.

OTOH there are two lanes of traffic from the left, and 1-2 lanes of traffic from the right, and the HTA requires that all parties participate equally in merging, so...

so...? am i missing something, are you still typing? what are you trying to say in your post?

Back
Top Bottom