Tank bag vs. Backpack for commuting to work | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tank bag vs. Backpack for commuting to work

Backpack strapped to rear seat or use a tail rack.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Tried commuting with a tank bag and back pack last night. Didn't even make it out of the driveway lol

I ride a gs500 with a gsxr front end swap, couldn't reach the clipons properly with the backpack so I strapped it to the tail.

Tried commuting with a tank bag and back pack last night. Didn't even make it out of the driveway lol

I ride a gs500 with a gsxr front end swap, couldn't reach the clipons properly with the backpack so I strapped it to the tail.
Friend had her backpack strapped to the tail, going 140 on the QEW the backpack sled into her rear wheel and locked it, it was a 100 feet skid but she kept it up somehow. Lucky she didn't get hit by a car.

My gears magnetic expandable bag comes in real handy on my 929RR

CIMG0703.jpg

why do you have a flower pot on your seat?

How did the backpack notblet you reach the clip ons?
Just loosen the straps if you had it to tight

How's the rotors holding up?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Pretty good....no warping yet with some good hard braking! although I am going to change out the rear for a floating iron disk from Brake Tech Axis

Last edited:
Tank bags are great for touring to keep thinks organized, but nothing beats a GOOD backpack in versatility. High end backpacks fit like a glove and are very comfy. I use my backpack almost every day, even when I drive.

Neither - This is the best thing I have ever bought and it has a strap to be carried like a back pack

Goes on top of the passenger seat so you don't have the annoyance of something bulky in your tank

0000_Axio_Tail_Bag.jpg

The brand is Axio and this is what it looks like on the bike

image-9.jpg

I have put in my Gerbie jacket, a sweater and a pair of gloves and a bunch of cables and miscellaneous stuff inside

axi-ax6003-95.jpg

And it comes with a net in case inside is full and you need extra space
images
I this this is the best idea on the forum yet. I love the passenger seat idea. I unfortunately, have already purchased a tank bag from http://www.motorcyclehouse.ca/vikingbags-axe-7-medium-tank-165-prd1.htm but I still am interested. How much did it cost? I'm assuming something like that is way out of budget minded riders..

Pretty good....no warping yet with some good hard braking! although I am going to change out the rear for a floating iron disk from Brake Tech Axis

Awesome, I'll consider those next time

My tankbag will hold a lot of stuff. For an upcoming trip I bought some Cortech saddlebags. They're expandable, and hold a lot. There's a matching tailbag that clips right into the saddlebags, too. I used my old joe rocket tank bag and made some short adjustable straps with the matching clips, so I can clip it right in. this picture has everything expanded - I won't be taking that much, but if I pick anything up while I'm a way, at least I'll have some extra space.
The tank bag is sitting so high because I have the bottom section really full for the test. I can see all of the instruments just fine - and it never shifted. this the bag I use on a daily basis.

IMG_00000138 by emefef, on Flickr

Last edited:
My tankbag will hold a lot of stuff. For an upcoming trip I bought some Cortech saddlebags. They're expandable, and hold a lot. There's a matching tailbag that clips right into the saddlebags, too. I used my old joe rocket tank bag and made some short adjustable straps with the matching clips, so I can clip it right in. this picture has everything expanded - I won't be taking that much, but if I pick anything up while I'm a way, at least I'll have some extra space.
The tank bag is sitting so high because I have the bottom section really full for the test. I can see all of the instruments just fine - and it never shifted. this the bag I use on a daily basis.

Where's the kitchen sink?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I like the style of the saddlebags and the rear tail bag and how they all look like they go together.
Are they all cortech? I want to get http://www.vikingbags.com/axe-sports-bikes-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm and combine the tail bag too. Do they use the same mounts or what?

I have a tank bag and a cargo net for the back seat. The bag expands enough that I've never run out of space for day to day. I usually use the net for carrying my wife's helmet if I'm meeting her somewhere. Never had a problem.

Beats getting a knapsack on over an armored jacket any day.

Jock

Last edited:
I hate tank bags with a passion. I find them bulky and hideous, that said I ride a SS and have this Dowco tail bag which works well for day trips/cottage weekends. Its a little big so I never really used it regularly and I don't like the idea of leaving it on. I found myself using a backpack to carry lunch 99% of the time but it expands quite a bit when you need the space/weight requirements. (I absolutely loathe heavy backpacks)

P.s it also came with different colour inserts if thats important to anyone, mine is currently red
50144-00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom