Suspected Stolen R6 on Kijiji | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suspected Stolen R6 on Kijiji

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SlayerofSouls

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...MINT-CONDITION-R6-6500-OBO-W0QQAdIdZ353204241

I am in the market for an r6. I responded to the ad. A girl responded to my email saying the bike was her boyfriends and they want to get rid of it today.

She gave me the contact of her boy friend

This was my conversation over text with im

Me: hey im interested in the r6 is the biked registered to you? clean title? damage
him: clean title and i havent even put it in my name yet
me whos name is it under? how many owners, will you provide uvip and safety?
him: i dont got any of that nd i just bought it like a monthg ago and didnt get any of that with it. i checked the vin and everythings good.
me you hvae to provide uvip and safety
him you give me 5,500 and get it yourself. like i got no plates thats why.

All i have is his contact number and possible address. Should i report it?

No you should not report it. You don't have any evidence that it is stolen. Lack of evidence, is not evidence.

If you are interested, go see the bike, see what the VIN is and search it up at MTO. If it's clean, hopefully they will tell you what proper documents you need to make the sale.

Sounds sketchy.

I don't see why you shouldn't report it.

You aren't a cop, you aren't expected to provide "evidence" of anything.
as a citizen you can and should report suspicious behaviour and let the cops do their job.

/end.

Got the vin 2006 YAMAHA YZFR6

"from quebec." according to seller.

Theres something funny about the picture. See the advertisement for Tiemers Window & doors in the background, it's in Barrie - it's posted up in Hamilton. Ask where exactly the bike is located.

Check out his other adds - "i have a brand new touch screen white bold 9900 in the box never been opened. recieved two as gifts! asking 500 obo " - how do you receive 2 as gifts?

I'd pass.

Just so you know, you have no legal protection for buying stolen property. Even if you paid legit cash and had no idea that it was stolen. If the real owner claims it, they get it back, you are stuck trying to recover your cash from the seller. ( I believe the above doesn't apply for dealerships, but i am not going to dig it up right now).

So do your research.

im not looking to buy a stolen bike. i want to report this *******

according to him bike went form quebec to barrie to hamilton. he just got it, and never registered it to himself.

I am not saying you were. I am saying you should make sure that anything you buy is not stolen.

You can get the UVIP yourself if you don't mind the $20 (last time I checked). They can refuse to give it to you if you're not the owner but just explain why you want it and they'll probably let you have it.

You can get the UVIP yourself if you don't mind the $20 (last time I checked). They can refuse to give it to you if you're not the owner but just explain why you want it and they'll probably let you have it.

I have never been asked if I was the owner when I got UVIP's for bikes I was buying....I just went in with the VIN written on a piece of paper....

Wow, so much suspense, so much smoke!!! Ask for a photo of VIN, run your own check or like someone said, call PD and ask them to verify if the bike with this VIN is listed as stolen. I bought my first bike in very similar circumstances. The guy bought the bike, but didn't even change the ownership - he had signed-over ownership from the previous owner. He didn't have UVIP or safety. We checked the bike, ran the VIN check, got the receipt from him, and the deal was done. Was I worried? Yes. Did I do my homework? Yes. Was I happy with the bike? Yes, and I got it very cheap because the guy didn't want to pay for UVIP and safety.

Have you got the UVIP from the MTO yet? I suggest looking into that before anything else. It's a $20 investment that can give you a clearer understanding of the bikes history, before going balls deep in a purchase. Or you could just go and accuse someone because he has a lack of knowledge on the bike and you don't like the way he text's you.
Here is a scenario maybe he bought the bike, than got a quote on insurance and decided it wasn't worth it to register.

Last edited:
+1 You havent even checked the VIN, so what are you going to report? The add is normal, and all your evidence of being sketchy is from a phone conversation..

Because it doesn't count if its on the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom