suggestions for a small blue plate dual sport | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

suggestions for a small blue plate dual sport

I am far from an expert, but i am usually well informed. My daughter is a wetlands and terrestrial biologist. She does research on salamanders, butterflies and birds.
It's a lot of fun to go out and help collect specimens with her and my grandkids.
The margarine containers in her fridge don't always have margarine in them. They come home sometimes to have micro gps tracking implants put in them.
My 6 year old and 4 year old grandkids have a blast raising butterflies from egg to adult in the backyard.
And i catch hell occasionally for my carbon footprint.
She is also president of the Canadian Lepidopterist Society and guides groups to the monarch wintering mountains in Mexico. Here partner is chairman of the Nature Conservancy of Canada.

Last edited:
All it takes is one small group of organized people to claim that the Jefferson's salamander (endangered species) is at risk, and that site will be closed.
All it takes is one small group of organized people to claim [INSERT ANYTHING] is at risk, and that [RESOURCE] will be closed.

The world is full of stupid, ill-informed activists.

I am far from an expert, but i am usually well informed. My daughter is a wetlands and terrestrial biologist. She does research on salamanders, butterflies and birds. ...
You must bring her here some time she would love it, I find them 10 at a time under my excavator tracks and have made it a habit to move slowly forward after it has been parked so I don't squish them, we also have an unusually large number of Blanding's Turtles in the area and I can show you where you can almost certainly find blue-tailed skinks.

Last edited:
All of the Betas can be blue plated. From the 125 2t to the 500 4t. It's a $500 kit for all the lights, horn etc to be legal.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
How's the maintenance interval on the 4t
betas?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

betas?
Have a friend with 2 of them I could put you in touch with if you like, he has a Beta trials bike and a blue plated enduro, both 4 stroke. The 4T Beta trials is a very nice ride and the Enduro is scary fast on dirt, never tried it on hard top yet.
Beta currently has some very good Ontario dealer/service people, some of the best in the industry I would hazard to say.

The import numbers are small enough that homologation isn't necessary I believe.
Modern two strokes also don't smoke like the old days.

My 2009 sure smokes still. On start up, anyway.

I was under the impression my RS125 was only made street legal because the dealer broke some rules. Read that in a few places and the dealer (Corso Meccanicca) told me the same. I guess I was misinformed. I know as of a few years ago a few dealers were still trying to clear them out and they definitely weren't street legal. Everything I read up until now said it's practically impossible to register a 2 stroke for the street.

My 2009 sure smokes still. On start up, anyway.

I was under the impression my RS125 was only made street legal because the dealer broke some rules. Read that in a few places and the dealer (Corso Meccanicca) told me the same. I guess I was misinformed. I know as of a few years ago a few dealers were still trying to clear them out and they definitely weren't street legal. Everything I read up until now said it's practically impossible to register a 2 stroke for the street.
Used to be able to get all the 2t ktm street legal as well, but their import numbers are so high now that they lost the loophole.
Beta will likely lose the loophole in the next few years as their dealer are growing every year.

betas?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Maintenance is fine if you're using it similar to a ktm 500exc. If you want to commute daily like a drz you will be rebuilding an engine every couple of years. They are still a performance oriented bike.

Used to able to do lots of things we can't do in the future. Is the year 2020 people, it's time to wake up and smell the roses. Our government has made it a mandate to clean up our collective act and that ain't ever going to happen if we fight the system every step of the way. To comply with the rules is not an intolerable hardship, they are not asking for that much yet. Leave your freakin catalytic converters or whatever else in place on your next street bike and cherish the fact we can still ride our polluting machines in closed course competition. (y)

All it takes is one small group of organized people to claim [INSERT ANYTHING] is at risk, and that [RESOURCE] will be closed.

The world is full of stupid, ill-informed activists.
Incase you haven't noticed the world is even more full of stupid ill-informed polluters.
Seen any Bank Swallow colonies around lately? All we have to do to help them to survive is stop destroying their nests.

Incase you haven't noticed the world is even more full of stupid ill-informed polluters.
Seen any Bank Swallow colonies around lately? All we have to do to help them to survive is stop destroying their nests.
I hear you, it's the ones that have non-sense rules that protect nothing but their own stupidity.

Did you know you can take a leak off the side of your boat, but it's a big time fine if you take a leak into a bottle then dump it overboard?

All we have to do to help them to survive is stop destroying their nests.
Same reason bird nest soup is no longer a banquet staple....poor ppl making a living had to harvest the nests, thus no eggs, thus endangered swiftlets species. Miss it though. Then banquets moved to shark fin soup.... .....and on it goes.

Same reason bird nest soup is no longer a banquet staple....poor ppl making a living had to harvest the nests, thus no eggs, thus endangered swiftlets species. Miss it though. Then banquets moved to shark fin soup.... .....and on it goes.
lol Well not exactly, Bank Swallows nest in holes in the vertical sides of sand pits, they aren't on the decline because we eat them or their eggs or nests, sand pit owners are just too stupid to leave the nest face intact or to provide a new vertical surface for them to nest in.

I hear you, it's the ones that have non-sense rules that protect nothing but their own stupidity.

Did you know you can take a leak off the side of your boat, but it's a big time fine if you take a leak into a bottle then dump it overboard?

As silly as your example sounds, I'm sure no one's going around busting people peeing into their empty soda bottles then immediately dumping overboard - the law is to prevent RV owners etc from dumping their 200L "pee tanks" into lakes!

As silly as your example sounds, I'm sure no one's going around busting people peeing into their empty soda bottles then immediately dumping overboard - the law is to prevent RV owners etc from dumping their 200L "pee tanks" into lakes!
I'm thinking more about boats. I had to retrofit the plumbing on my boat so the head could not discharge overboard.

Used to be able to get all the 2t ktm street legal as well, but their import numbers are so high now that they lost the loophole.
Beta will likely lose the loophole in the next few years as their dealer are growing every year.

Oh, so it's a loophole based on sales? How's that work? From the discussions here I was getting the impression they (2 strokes) were actually all street legal as long as you never green plate it.

I'm surprised I never see modern blue plated 2 strokes on Kijiji.

Maybe I should nab one up before this loophole is closed. Too bad I don't have space to store it.

Oh, so it's a loophole based on sales? How's that work? From the discussions here I was getting the impression they (2 strokes) were actually all street legal as long as you never green plate it.

I'm surprised I never see modern blue plated 2 strokes on Kijiji.

Maybe I should nab one up before this loophole is closed. Too bad I don't have space to store it.
This isn't a subject they should be talked about in public none of the betas are street legal but can be blue plated with some trickery. I know how it is done and I have a blue plated ktm that was done this way. If people keep talking it will be found and shut down.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

I am far from an expert, but i am usually well informed. My daughter is a wetlands and terrestrial biologist. She does research on salamanders, butterflies and birds.
It's a lot of fun to go out and help collect specimens with her and my grandkids.
The margarine containers in her fridge don't always have margarine in them. They come home sometimes to have micro gps tracking implants put in them.
My 6 year old and 4 year old grandkids have a blast raising butterflies from egg to adult in the backyard.
And i catch hell occasionally for my carbon footprint.
She is also president of the Canadian Lepidopterist Society and guides groups to the monarch wintering mountains in Mexico. Here partner is chairman of the Nature Conservancy of Canada.

Look what we found wandering around in the snow today:
salamander.jpg

Back
Top Bottom