Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 400 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

His other ad is the same, posted 2 weeks ago "

Wanted: end of season bike deal?​

um, end of the season is November? This is called start of the season.
I am assuming he blindly reused an old ad. It wasn't successful at the end of last season, it sure as hell won't be successful at the beginning of a season.

I guess he might be able to find a 125 for that but he wants 250+.

30000 km but sure, ask above MSRP for it...

1648448804623.png

$5500 isn't outrageous, but when the bodywork is held on my zipties...

Fork seals look to be leaking.

And the rear brake is bent right around...

"Needs nothing to safety".

Okay champ.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

$5500 isn't outrageous, but when the bodywork is held on my zipties...

Fork seals look to be leaking.

And the rear brake is bent right around...

"Needs nothing to safety".

Anytime I see an ad where the photos are screenshots of photos from their own phone I instantly skip it. Worst yet, when they're landscape photos being displayed in portrait mode before being screenshot.

If the person can't figure out how to crop a photo (or just source the photo correctly to begin with), I have little faith in their skill on most other things right out of the gate, like actually maintain that motorcycle they're trying to sell.

Anytime I see an ad where the photos are screenshots of photos from their own phone I instantly skip it. Worst yet, when they're landscape photos being displayed in portrait mode before being screenshot.

If the person can't figure out how to crop a photo (or just source the photo correctly to begin with), I have little faith in their skill on most other things right out of the gate, like actually maintain that motorcycle they're trying to sell.

That is pretty dead on.. I also pass up on people who take pictures of a dirty bike/vehicle

That is pretty dead on.. I also pass up on people who take pictures of a dirty bike/vehicle
exactly this. you couldn't be bothered to even clean it up for a pic to sell. you definitely don't do maintenance items in time.

exactly this. you couldn't be bothered to even clean it up for a pic to sell. you definitely don't do maintenance items in time.
Or even bother to haul it out of the shed where its surrounded by all the other accumulated and hoarded rubbish. I have a neighbour who has serious hoarding problems - 2 old cars, 2 derelict boats and at least one old Honda CB750 rotting away in the back yard. A beater trailer and a couple of rat cars on the street in front of his house. Numerous calls to the city bylaw people have changed nothing. Another guy a few blocks away has a Willys Overlander that's been sitting on blocks in his driveway for at least 15 years. Come on people...

Or even bother to haul it out of the shed where its surrounded by all the other accumulated and hoarded rubbish. I have a neighbour who has serious hoarding problems - 2 old cars, 2 derelict boats and at least one old Honda CB750 rotting away in the back yard. A beater trailer and a couple of rat cars on the street in front of his house. Numerous calls to the city bylaw people have changed nothing. Another guy a few blocks away has a Willys Overlander that's been sitting on blocks in his driveway for at least 15 years. Come on people...

'was running last year before I put it away. as-is no lowballs, I know what i've got.'

trash, trash is what you've got.

For someone like @GVH that brought a lot of unloved steeds back to life, those are probably a good starting point. If it's all caught up, there's not much he can do to make it worth more and sell it. I agree though, if you are asking market price for a good runner and you have a bike that looks neglected, that's not going to happen. You need to price it at firesale levels if you want someone else to take on the expense of bringing it back to roadworthy and presentable condition.

lol, buy a used one with miles or get the SP

1648839593241.png

2003 CBR600 $2200 "just needs battery"

277784957_725209581967277_1128711773695896419_n.jpg

Hasn't aged a day since it was exhumed from the dirt auction lot

• Haha
Reactions: TK4

Back
Top Bottom