Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 332 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I like that he decided the best possible spot to do a photo shoot was the sidewalk. Something tells me that ad was on Kijiji 5 minutes after the motor blew up.

He has a Subaru for sale with a transmission code as well. Another "quick fix" great deal. LOL
A transmission code that causes the engine to shut off. Yeah. Sounds like the only problem is a transmission speed sensor. :/

yeah, definitely more to the story
automatic trans cars don't usually roll away?

C4x3x6S.png

1985 Yamaha Virago 500
Markham, ON · 6 days ago ·
$3,000

About this vehicle
  • Driven 20,000 km
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior colour: Red
  • Seller's description - View attachment 44877Project bike has ownership it will need to be completed. Yes it starts and run.
Worth $300 if it runs, I suspect they made a typo on the price.

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
Maybe I look at this thread too often. Kijiji's list of suggested ads is full of stupidity for me now.

$_59.JPG

Please contact me if you're interested low ballers will be shot down real quick don't come here thinking you're going to get Chinese part prices for original Kawasaki equipment

Do not even ask me for the engine if you're not willing to pay $1,200 for it it comes complete ready to go either for a transplant into a Kawasaki or used as a go-kart engine.

Anyone who messages me up thinking that there a mechanic was going to straighten me out on the processes of running an engine you will be ignored and maybe even put on blast.

How cheap is is supposed to be? What is the bottom price for a (mostly) complete bike with ownership?
It looks fairly complete, but from the rust on the chain hasn't run in quite a while.
Getting parts would be a horror show - $500 bike at best (IMO).

It looks fairly complete, but from the rust on the chain hasn't run in quite a while.
I don't think it's that far out of line really. It looks complete and original aside from the samsonite side panels, which you'd likely never find.

Parts aren't unobtainable as there's a solid fanbase and plenty of parts swapping possible.

They were quirky when new, and not renown for reliability (as you are aware) so someone who didn't ride one 40 years ago will be greatly disappointed in the experience.

• Haha
Reactions: TK4

It's $500 bike WITH a 40 year old green plate reg. That ownership adds $500.
That's a deal.

That too is a deal. I'd be all over that if I had any room to store it.
sweet little track bike. a real screamer that doesn't eat tires. PERFECT practice bike for Grand Bend or Cayuga.
Someone buy it and I'll build the motor for you. Those things are COOL. The pistons are about 1 1/4" diameter.

Here's a peach -
That's a deal. I had a couple of those as farm bikes, they were tough, relatively easy to work on, not so great if you raced them.

They are becoming collectible, that think will get scooped up in a heartbeat.

Oh, and in case you didn't know...
The "Can" of "CAN-AM" is Canada.
That's a rotax powered, made in CANADA, Bombardier. They called them CanAm so they would sell better south of the border

That's a deal. I had a couple of those as farm bikes, they were tough, relatively easy to work on, not so great if you raced them.

They are becoming collectible, that think will get scooped up in a heartbeat.

I rode a friend’s mid-70’s model with the much nicer paint scheme. Two things I remember: always had trouble kicking it over with the left, so had to stand beside the bike and kick it with my right foot...and it had no brakes so when someone wanted off, they had to slow down enough so the group could run beside them and catch the bike and rider . Surprisingly, no one got hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:LOL: I remember those days, dirt bikes had **** brakes so you just throw it sideways and it stopped much faster.

I don't think that Can-Am is too far out of price. Pretty cool piece of Canadiana for grand, there were enough built that getting parts would be hard but not impossible.

The yamaha screamer shown would be a really cool restoration, it wont sit on the market long. Hope whom ever buys it up puts it back right and it doesn't end up a track monkey, but either way I'd just love to hear it running. How many km's between rebuilds on a thing like that??

I don't think anyone is debating an FZR250R is cool. But given they will all be grey market imports, and generally everyone who owned one here knew what they were doing, that is probably one of if not the roughest FZR250R in the country

Back
Top Bottom