Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 330 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

It's nice and all that, but surely that $50,000 is a typo......

A low mileage CB750 Sandcast with a production number in the first 1000 will command a strong asking price...if all the correct pieces are there. Add the rarity factor in Ontario too.
It’s the “holy grail” of Honda motorcycles.
First thing I notice is the side cover emblems are on the wrong sides so who knows how original it really is .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thing I notice is the side cover emblems are on the wrong sides so who knows how original it really is

And the "original paint" on the side covers hasn't seen quite as much UV or ozone as the tank, either.

I bet that 1969 CB (supposed) seller doesn't even know the odometer shows miles.

Act fast, it can be all yours for the asking price of only 5000$.

bike_1-jpeg.44850

... she's got a tiny bit of leprosy happening to the exhaust wrap.

Act fast, it can be all yours for the asking price of only 5000$.

bike_1-jpeg.44850
Oh great, it has the hallmark of every "runs great" vintage bike, pod filters. They look cool but they are a scourge on civilization.

Also, "Selling as is but will pass safety with no issues.". So if you want top dollar for it, why don't you just sell it with a valid safety then?

Oh great, it has the hallmark of every "runs great" vintage bike, pod filters. They look cool but they are a scourge on civilization.

Also, "Selling as is but will pass safety with no issues.". So if you want top dollar for it, why don't you just sell it with a valid safety then?

My guess is because it is several bits short of being a complete motorcycle :unsure: and no licensed mechanic in his right mind would road certify something like that outside of Bolivia.

$_59.JPG

no worries about the pod filters on the CV carbs; he said it had a "professional bench sync"

Lowered the price by a hundred bucks already, can now be yours for the asking price of only 4,900$
My bad on the exhaust wrap, turns out to be "with full titanium exhaust wrap" I wonder if he knows what titanium is.

My guess is because it is several bits short of being a complete motorcycle :unsure: and no licensed mechanic in his right mind would road certify something like that outside of Bolivia.

$_59.JPG

no worries about the pod filters on the CV carbs; he said it had a "professional bench sync"

Lowered the price by a hundred bucks already, can now be yours for the asking price of only 4,900$
My bad on the exhaust wrap, turns out to be "with full titanium exhaust wrap" I wonder if he knows what titanium is.
Titanium is a colour. If you assume it is a material, that is on you. :)

I'm glad they left a place to legally mount a license plate. /s It's like it was designed never to be street legal in Ontario by making it almost impossible to get a plate on.

Titanium is a colour. ...
;) so what is full titanium, is that anything like full grey :LOL:
actually titanium is the brand name (unofficial or otherwise) and the stuff is supposedly spun from crushed basalt,
even though it looks suspiciously like regular old woven fibreglass.

$12,000 - at least the seller was nice enough to pull all the fairings so you can do a full service on it.
That is one of his better ads. He is also selling a Ridler winning car for 75K and the only images are pictures of pictures with it partially disassembled from the build book.

$12,000 - at least the seller was nice enough to pull all the fairings so you can do a full service on it.

I have a feeling he doesnt remember how it all bolts back together or he lost all the mounting hardware... why wouldnt you put it together and take a proper picture lol

2008 F800s f—d up in an accident and disassembled for $3000

Or $2500 in Hamilton no accident your call

Only $500 to inherit this nightmare

View attachment 44782

I like a challenge but this Morgentaler special isn't it. If I was restoring a similar bike I'd trade him for the useless pile of stuff that I would normally give to Sally Ann or other charity. Possibly a fair trade for a similar aged beaten to death fiberglass boat with ripped upholstery and rotten transom. Maybe an obsolete battery drill with dead batteries.

I read the add as "I want it gone or my wife / mother / father wants it gone. Just give me something to save face. Item must take up less garage space than the existing project and not be radioactive"

1984 CM450e. Left outside 12 + years “only needs a battery “ $1250

View attachment 44806

It could be fully restored and sold to a collector. After 12 years of sun tanning the tires wouldn't pass as boat bumpers. Is that a dent in the tank or a reflection? Free 12 year old helmets, no thanks. Free rain protector AKA tarp.

An article on collecting pointed out that there are numerous levels of collecting. The top level is the exclusive one. The buyers only go after rare bikes with provenance, won a major race ridden by a top racer etc. Thirty year old production bikes don't fit in. The prices at Mecom are low for blinged out run of the mill bikes.

Towards the bottom for collectors are the bikes that are just old and without history. Cheap to buy, expensive to restore and sell cheap when done.

This bike is in the lower category unless it was owned by someone important.

There used to be an old Chris Craft wooden cruiser on the Holland River that changed hands on a regular basis. It would have been scrapped except it had once been owned by Ed Sullivan thus had provenance. Unfortunately a show restoration would be in the six figures. A bit of sandpaper and a lick of varnish wouldn't help. As the number of people that know (Or care) who Ed Sullivan was dwindles, so does the boat value. And IMO it was ugly.

11k for a 17 year old Yamaha Roadstar? Am I missing something?

To top it off, the plate sticker is from 2015. Likely original tires, brakes, virtually everything I'd bet.
What a crackhead.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom