Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 333 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

That FZR needs ALL new un-obtainable body work. Good luck with that. (There IS aftermarket stuff available in Japan)
I don't see any way to make it a "nice" bike economically.
It's useless as a "race bike"
Make a good track day bike or a practice bike for a racer with generic Yamaha body work.

why don't these guy at least roll the bike out of the rhubarb to take a pic?
maybe wash the thing?

nothing says ****** owner like a pic that announces you don't own a weed wipper

In the photos all the body panels appear to be there , really badly beat up, but its all restorable. Cracks , splits even missing pieces can all be rebuilt. I costs a lot of money if your cant do it yourself. I was just getting out of autobody when plastic panels started to take over from fiberglass. Whether or not its worth doing, thats for the owners wallet to decide.

In the photos all the body panels appear to be there , really badly beat up, but its all restorable. Cracks , splits even missing pieces can all be rebuilt. I costs a lot of money if your cant do it yourself. I was just getting out of autobody when plastic panels started to take over from fiberglass. Whether or not its worth doing, thats for the owners wallet to decide.
ABS is relatively easy to restore if you know how to work with it. It takes paint and bondo nicely, a heat gun can reform dents, it's also cold moldable so stitching cracks/tabs/bosses and patching missing bits is relatively easy.

I havent used Bondo on anything since I discovered 3M two part fairing filler, vinylester resin so its waterproof, sands beautifly to a feather edge , and sticks like poop to a wool blanket.

He's had that ad up for a few months, looks like he's sold 3 out of 4 already.

He says Australian Import but Im going to have to say those would be Japanese grey Imports into Australia that were abused by the looks of them then shipped here. In the Mid to late 90s there was a dealer in Queensland that imported these by the hundreds in all the babyblade colours (900/919 fireblade colour schemes) along with the zx2r and of coarse all the 400s, RVF, VFR, ZX4R, CBR400RR... They were selling for under 6k at the time with low kms and in great condition, only issue was Honda Australia would not service/warranty them.

So much win, I don't know where to start.

C PENDING TRADE Choppers

119604220_811342589628915_3576487951760155240_n.jpg

That thing is a lesson in disappointment. Cant steer, accelerates like a fat cow and the brakes and suspension will be very underwhelming.
Eh, it's a goofy toy and it's less than $500. It's light years ahead of the thing that FullMoto posted - that is $2500 and looks like it was designed by transcribing a six year old's drawing into a CAD program. The way the bars are mounted is so bad that it's impressive

View attachment 44999

Scoop this one up fast... only 43 000 kms.

I'm going to assume that's a typo from the intended $15k, but I have to laugh at these superbike ads where they talk about smoking everyone, then show a pic of their squared Supercorsas complete with 2" chicken strips. Granted, Saskatoon isn't a hotbed of twisties, but still...

(Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting tire edge wear is a measure of talent, but when combining big talk and a sportbike, it certainly invites the attention...)

Back
Top Bottom