Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 293 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

My French isn't the greatest but it seems like he is saying maintenance and warranty is included for 3 years? He bought it 6 months ago so I'm guessing that's what he owes.

My French isn't the greatest but it seems like he is saying maintenance and warranty is included for 3 years? He bought it 6 months ago so I'm guessing that's what he owes.
I think that is extended warranty for three years. I have little faith in a warranty that was purchased on an eight year old bike. I suspect the dealership saw him coming and padded his bill with thousands of useless value added items.

Rough English translation...

Description Motorcycle Ducati Monster 696 ABS White color - She comes with 2 interviews (oil changes) already paid at Ducati -3 year extended warranty Aesthetic changes - mini front flasher LED black for a more sport look (which is not on the pictures yet) $ 70 + installation -Fender complete eliminator for a sporty look worth $ 400 + installation -Added a red plate support with LED light. $ 50 - change the handlebar to put a black 110 $ + installation (not on the photos) -change the glass to put a black pane and not transparent. (Not in photo) I also have the smart charger worth about $ 100 and the step to mount the rear wheel to clean the chain + the canvas. She is currently in a heated garage. I will take new pictures soon. Plaque at a low price at the SAAQ !!! I ask $ 10,000 because the interviews are paid for at least 3 years and extended warranty still in force on the machine! I bought it around the end of June 2019 and I did not use it often enough.

A true in justice done to that poor CBX...owner should have his licence revoked..then be shot by children with water guns....

Last edited:
I think this qualifies.

Toronto Market
Wow.
Check out the kitchen drawers in the background. A1 maintenance there.
79379903_747335942410372_1280415027513262080_n.jpg

I'm sure his landlord loves him using the living room as a garage space as well. Nothing compliments a parquet flooring like a giant kickstand gouge.

The bike looks nice...the place looks like a dump, what's with the garbage bag taped to the wall? Hiding a hole perhaps?

Not sure what those are worth and how it compares to a modern crf50 but you can buy two for what he's asking.

The bike looks nice...the place looks like a dump, what's with the garbage bag taped to the wall? Hiding a hole perhaps?

Not sure what those are worth and how it compares to a modern crf50 but you can buy two for what he's asking.
That probably covers a window in his front door. I can only imagine the moisture problems in that house.

They're worth what you can get someone to pay for it.
Worth implies value, which is subjective (Read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance).
The POS is worth nothing to me, BUT you have to consider; How many 1981 monkey bikes, in good shape, are left out there? I'm gonna bet not many.
I own a 1974 Yamaha production racer that is, for all intents and purposes, brand new, zero miles.
As a rider, the thing is worthless. It is dated, hard to get parts for, non competitive in vintage race classes... and who in their right mind would RIDE a brand new 50 year old bike?
Somebody is going to give me box full of monies for that thing... cuz it's the only one left.
In the world of collecting, scarcity = value.
... if you can find a 1969 monkey bike, with suspension, chrome fenders and lights (all OEM), in decent shape, I have a buyer that will give you upwards of $10,000USD for it.
... any Ducati bevel twin sells for STUPID money, where a Laverda twin of the same vintage, which is a superior motorcycle in EVERY way, sells for a third as much.

I have seen them go for $500 unrestored and running.

"I know the worth of my bike". Ok, then why are you asking double or triple?

Almost every mod they did actually devalues the bike.

If it was maintained so well, how the hell did it need a new chain before 9K?
She knows because all the other scene kids at the Strada meets told her it was mad dope and worth that much. I can't find the "built not bought" stickers on it in the pics, though. Looks like a riced out civic, but scene points...

Probably needed a new chain for the same reason it needed new fairings.

Joking aside, I was reading about yellow headlights the other day and am curious if they are actually better than white lights. Apparently they produce less glare to oncoming traffic and provide better visibility down the road for the driver?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom