Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 292 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

At one time in the late 1960s you could buy these from Sun-Glo Sales and Hercules Army Surplus on Yonge St. for $675 in the crate WITH a spares kit !
This guy's on crack - Triumph TRW

In 1980 the auto wrecker in Newtonville (East of Oshawa) was selling them for $1100. While I was dying to get a YZ100 my father wanted me to get one of these. In the end I bought a dt100 (and beat the crap out of it).

Hindsight being what it is, I shoulda bought one. I could have been the coolest 16 year old in town. Couldn't I? Or am I mixing up "weird" with cool?

In 1963 you could buy a Split Window Corvette for just over $3,000. Try to find a mint one for under $150,000 today. One sold at Barret Jackson for $385,000 US. People collecting old bikes and cars that you can't find easily will pay good money for them.
An army surplus flathead 500cc twin ain't no Corvette. And the one in the ad needs a lotta love.

In 1980 the auto wrecker in Newtonville (East of Oshawa) was selling them for $1100. While I was dying to get a YZ100 my father wanted me to get one of these. In the end I bought a dt100 (and beat the crap out of it).

Hindsight being what it is, I shoulda bought one. I could have been the coolest 16 year old in town. Couldn't I? Or am I mixing up "weird" with cool?
You made the right choice.

In 1963 you could buy a Split Window Corvette for just over $3,000. Try to find a mint one for under $150,000 today. One sold at Barret Jackson for $385,000 US. People collecting old bikes and cars that you can't find easily will pay good money for them.
An army surplus flathead 500cc twin ain't no Corvette. And the one in the ad looks to need a lotta love.

Not sure if this should be posted in the overpriced or reasonable thread. It looks like an awsome deal!

9DS15Q8.jpg

[/URL]
Jeebus, $63,000 R3. That must have all the go fast bits. :)

Amazing. Imported without being imported. Who wants an old clapped out (and quite possibly stolen) monster as a track bike?

"First $2000 Gets It Selling my 2007 Ducati Monster 695 15,000 kms. Runs and Rides Great Needs a switch for starting. But can start by boosting no problem. Not cosmetically perfect. But its $2000 lol This bike came from USA so i don't have Canadian Ownership. VIN has never been registered in Canada. Text Or Call ONLY! 705-241-0600 "

Let's ignore the price for a minute, I'm going to assume it's a typo. But who in their right mind would do that to a cbx? Mangled, and I'm pretty sure that muffler came off a late 90s civic...

Honda cbx 1047cc six 1981,

Price: $ 10 M

Let's ignore the price for a minute, I'm going to assume it's a typo. But who in their right mind would do that to a cbx? Mangled, and I'm pretty sure that muffler came off a late 90s civic...

Honda cbx 1047cc six 1981,
[/URL]

Price: $ 10 M
I just threw up in my mouth a little. Poor bike. The kicker is the rear subframe not being remotely in line with the rear wheel. So not only is it hideous, it's also poorly constructed.

Not sure, it almost looks like the legs from a folding table welded together. The more I look at it the worse it gets...
Well he does say best offer. Maybe someone should offer him $50. Think of it as freeing someone from slavery. You don't really want it, you just don't want him to abuse it any more (although I am not sure that is possible).

Would be worth more than that just to strip it and sell off what could be and put the engine on display as art.
Well he does say best offer. Maybe someone should offer him $50. Think of it as freeing someone from slavery. You don't really want it, you just don't want him to abuse it any more (although I am not sure that is possible).

there's a special place in hell for people who do that to a CBX

I'm going to assume it was a basket case, because it is pretty widely known at this point that CBXs are worth money. I can see a bunch of other bikes in the background though, and that makes me nervous

Back
Top Bottom