Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 285 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Haha, so the first one is clearly their outstanding loan balance. They will be lucky to get just over half of their asking price (I'm sure negotiating with them will be painful so my max with them would be well below market value to make up for the hassle).
He took advantage of the the easy payment plan of only $49 a week for 8 years.

Are sellers stupid enough to think the second buyer should pay the original sales tax included bottom line price?
Next buyer is still going to need to go through the whole certification, title search, plate & taxes and sales tax on their purchase price.

At best you can call it a demo without the dealer support, not that dealer support means much in most cases.

Are sellers stupid enough to think the second buyer should pay the original sales tax included bottom line price?
Next buyer is still going to need to go through the whole certification, title search, plate & taxes and sales tax on their purchase price.

At best you can call it a demo without the dealer support, not that dealer support means much in most cases.
To be fair to the seller, if they haven't been through it before, they may not realize that the government collects its blood again.

Fair enough, are sellers naive enough to ....

or are they just looking for an even more naive buyer to bail them out :unsure:

Fair enough, are sellers naive enough to ....

or are they just looking for an even more naive buyer to bail them out :unsure:

A little bit of Column A, and a little bit of Column B perhaps? I'm always shocked as to how much ignorance there is out there and how clueless some people are.

Hell if that guy gets anywhere close to 9k for that bike I'm selling mine for 7!! Almost new...same scratches on the muffler and ONLY 3,000km!

Just spent an hour browsing Kijiji looking for a different exhaust for my VTX. I was amazed at how much some people think their bikes are worth - I saw lots of listings of my exact bike, with less options and farkles, and similar mileages...listed for more than twice what I paid for mine.

...Not sure if it is worth that price, but I do definitely think it is worth more then a stock R80 from that year. Really like the looks of this bike, if insurance was reasonable for a second bike and it was priced around $8k I would be giving it some serious thought.
Unless it's a radical restomod, the most expensive vintage bikes comes are either complete & unmolested or complete restored to OE spec. Your can make a dirty bike look nice by cleaning it up and adding a few aftermarket parts -- not going to make it a high value item.

The R80 is overpriced imho having owned one for about 15 years. It has the stock header pipes that are probably corroded badly (hence the wrap), and the stock nasty Bing carbs. Makes me wonder what the rest is like. Especially the notoriously bad charging system. $4500 tops.
And where is the battery? It should be right under the seat. I don't think that thing is even finished

Last edited:
Uhhh, wut? Really?? Cool bike but 30k USD?

Please view this ad:

BMW coolest bike law45jan1972@gmail.com,
[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Price: $ 30,000
Oh god, another victim. I wonder when people will finally get the message that chopping up a $4,000 bike doesn't add $25,000 to its sale price. It more often then not reduces your sale price by $2,000.

EDIT:
That one may be a straight-up scam actually. Terrible small pictures with a non-Ontario plate with three different mufflers shown in the four pictures. Also two different engines. Super-poorly put together scam.

Why would you want a brand new Kawi Z650ABS when you can get the near 30-year-old bike with some patina.

ba57c511a9d461e1a341f5c5dca0074d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really glad people are just bad at posting kijiji ads and their prices instead of expecting ridiculous sums of cash for their stuff.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I've never had a positive experience with dealerships.

Oh god, another victim. I wonder when people will finally get the message that chopping up a $4,000 bike doesn't add $25,000 to its sale price. It more often then not reduces your sale price by $2,000.

EDIT:
That one may be a straight-up scam actually. Terrible small pictures with a non-Ontario plate with three different mufflers shown in the four pictures. Also two different engines. Super-poorly put together scam.

Link does not work for me must have been taken down. When I see someone start with anything religious like "God bless you all believe in Jesus" for something they are selling it makes me think it is a scam immediately.

Back
Top Bottom