Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 434 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Does being the "sequential serial number denoting a 49-state version and ending in 00001" mean that much more money?
Paid $2100 for mine back in 2004, sold for $500 in 2020, never dropped, but in rough shape, not ridden in 3 years.

Last edited:
Does being the "sequential serial number denoting a 49-state version and ending in 00001" mean that much more money?
I guess not. It sold for 4500. No idea on fair value but I don't think 00001 added much.

It went for only $4500, it was clean and low mileage. If you wanted a VTR250 for your collection/museum, you won't do much better

Instead of people buying to hoard, why not just ride them ?
I was using "collection/museum" optimistically. There is definitely value in preserving some things so other people can see them. I'm not sure I've ever seen a VTR250 in person myself

Wants $3000 less than MSRP for a 9 year old bike…
Ummm…. No.

Its not a good sign when they know it is an electrical issue but don't list any symptoms. Also concerning that they talked about the wiring in the airbox is messed up. Why is there wiring in the airbox?

Its not a good sign when they know it is an electrical issue but don't list any symptoms. Also concerning that they talked about the wiring in the airbox is messed up. Why is there wiring in the airbox?
They're probably just using it for storage on the shelf, since it doesn't appear to be installed in the bike

OK I shouldn't have clicked on that. When an old Honda gets the covfefe racer treatment it's usually just a twin, but somebody did that to a CB400F?

It's got a bunch of aftermarket electrical bits listed that may or may not play well with each other.

Back
Top Bottom