Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 361 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Please view this ad:

Yamaha WR250R,

Price: $ 9,950

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Why buy a new leftover 2020 for $8 grand, when this 3 year old wr is $10!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Beat me to it.

As they say, "you can ask for anything".

I don't know if this belongs here or not. I think it does, but feel free to correct me.

2002 Boss Hoss 350 with 69,000 km (good job rider). $12,000. Description does not help sell the bike. Actually, overall suspicious, these came in manual? I thought they all had one or two speed autos?

2002 Boss Hoss BHC · Driven 69,015 kilometers 2002 Boss Hoss BHC-3 - SBC 350 V8 Motorcycle. Sat outside for the winter, fired right up this morning. Could use a good cleaning. Comes with brand new rear tire, not mounted.

Please view this ad:

Yamaha WR250R,

You're not wrong...I agree it's absolutely crazy, but new with freight and tax is pretty close to his asking price and no one has inventory. Last year of production and high demand he will probably get close to it if someone wants it bad enough.

You're not wrong...I agree it's absolutely crazy, but new with freight and tax is pretty close to his asking price and no one has inventory. Last year of production and high demand he will probably get close to it if someone wants it bad enough.
The owner shouldn't expect to get their taxes back... new owner has to pay some form of tax when it gets registered in their name.

Glad I bought my wr250r/x a year ago. Mine's a little older (2008), but the identical bike. It was $3400, 26,000k with two sets of rims, and nearly every mod except suspension. A little scuffed here and there, and needed tires...

It's not the season to be buying a used bike...

That ninja 400 is an insane price... covid pricing to the max!

New crack!
Ummm, aren't those pod air filters from a crankcase breather? So small. I guess it's not using all that much air but still. It was good that he listed everything that wasn't working well but that was a lot of things.

$_59.PNG

Please view this ad:

Yamaha WR250R,

There are rumours Yamaha is working on a mini Tenere300, to compete with the CRF300L, Kawi, and ADV390... So, as much as people think they have gold on their hands with these discontinued bikes, its temporary. Heck for that price, can get a brand new CRF300L, spend some $$$ on suspension and still have change left

Hahaha. To be picked up is literal, it's sleeping. Honestly, who posts sales pics of their bike when it is laying on the ground? I cant see the carbs in any pictures.
Its not sleeping - it's pining for the fjords of Norway.

Why is it that people post these types of ads and can't even be bothered to wash the bike ?

In September, 2020 I sold my stock 2017 Yamaha WR250R for $5,600 with 8,750 kms on it. I thought the price was accurate given it was September.

There are rumours Yamaha is working on a mini Tenere300, to compete with the CRF300L, Kawi, and ADV390... So, as much as people think they have gold on their hands with these discontinued bikes, its temporary. Heck for that price, can get a brand new CRF300L, spend some $$$ on suspension and still have change left

I def wouldn't pay $10K for a used WR, but there's a reason why the street-bike-based CRFs are priced so low. Because they're street bikes - fine for putting around town, but waaaay too heavy and undersprung for any serious off-road work.

If you ever plan on taking one of these two bikes out in the dirt, you're doing yourself a huge disservice by choosing the CRF250L/300L just because it's cheaper than the WR.

signed,
former dissatisfied CRF250L owner

True, the WR is a much more capable bike off road.

I def wouldn't pay $10K for a used WR, but there's a reason why the street-bike-based CRFs are priced so low. Because they're street bikes - fine for putting around town, but waaaay too heavy and undersprung for any serious off-road work.

If you ever plan on taking one of these two bikes out in the dirt, you're doing yourself a huge disservice by choosing the CRF250L/300L just because it's cheaper than the WR.

signed,
I think @Wingboy had a crf250 for a very short time too. He didnt seem too thrilled by it either.

I think @Wingboy had a crf250 for a very short time too. He didnt seem too thrilled by it either.
He had the rally version. Heavier than the crf250L. The crf has 30 or so pounds on the wr.

They're both pigs compared to a proper woods bike, but the crf is a streetbike that looks like a dirtbike. The wr is a heavy dirtbike that can do reasonable on the street.

I spent a decent amount of time on a bone-stock crf250L. You want to wheelie over a log? Not going to happen. Stock suspension is non-adjustable. Stock tires are Bridgestone death-wings... (same on the wr250r stock). Steel frame...
It needs a bunch of money thrown at it to make it work, but thats not what its for. Entry level dual sport. Fire roads. Gravel. Good enough.

signed,

I haven't ridden either, though wouldn't a suspension upgrade help? the new 300L has better low end torque, it weights 306lbs wet, and the WRR is 295lbs, how would 11lbs make it way heavier?

I'm just comparing it to the $9k example posted, I am a huge WRR fan. Just wondering why proper suspension, bringing the 300L to $9k equal, wouldn't be a better bike. I know ground clearance is a little less.

Im comparing the new 300L, which is supposed to be very different to the 250L apparently. too bad we get the olf looking headlight here

Honda-crf300l-3.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom