Stupid things people do in these times | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupid things people do in these times

The jeep makes sense as it has a transfer case, and obviously the crv hasn't puked its guts out so it must he working. I have just never seen a fwd auto or awd car flat-towed before. Those transmissions normally dont like it.

If the vehicle's transmission is disengaged the only real wear is on wheel bearings and CV/U joints.

What is more economical in terms of fuel consumption here? And overall cost.

1. A car being flat towed on 4 of its own wheels?
2. The same car being towed on a 2 wheel dolly , like the other car in the picture.
3. The same car being towed on a small flatbed trailer or dollies?

I would think the car alone would be most economical but also the most wear/tear on the car. With the other two options you need to take the extra weight of the dollies into account plus the cost of them.

Put it on trailer wheels
What is more economical in terms of fuel consumption here? And overall cost.

1. A car being flat towed on 4 of its own wheels?
2. The same car being towed on a 2 wheel dolly , like the other car in the picture.
3. The same car being towed on a small flatbed trailer or dollies?

I would think the car alone would be most economical but also the most wear/tear on the car. With the other two options you need to take the extra weight of the dollies into account plus the cost of them.
#2 if it is a front wheel drive car, the rear wheels are just like trailer tires and you have done away with a lot of wheel fight.
#3 requires a trailer that is weight rated too high for most peoples license, it will need an annual safety inspection and electric brakes with a battery to prevent a run-away. That is the best solution for the car but most expensive option for towing it.

Crazies are out, had it out with one in LCBO yesterday.

Mask, all geeked out in his version of PPE. Yelled at me for not standing 6 feet away when he was the one who walked up on me. Told him to chill out and he went off. So i told him i'd smack him silly if he didn't act like an adult and stfu.

Got a nice smirk from the cashier as i paid.

:whistle:

I'm an ex RV'er , A. fuel economy is all they ever talk about, then they buy a class a diesel , run an onboard generator for weeks, tow 2,200lb SUV's and leave them idling for hours when out for a hike to keep the A/C up. LOL

the challenge with those dolly setups are 'trailer tires and bearings' which are just another link in the chain to deal with as opposed to 4 wheels down. But so many vehicles are different and how you tow a JK wrangler, Civic and F150 are all a bit unique. Especially when your going 6,000kms.

best sport ever is watching somebody that isn't a retired transport driver or farmer (4wheel hay wagons) try and backup once they get into a tight space. super short wheelbase hitch, terrible visibilty and zereo chance of success.

I'm an ex RV'er , A. fuel economy is all they ever talk about, then they buy a class a diesel , run an onboard generator for weeks, tow 2,200lb SUV's and leave them idling for hours when out for a hike to keep the A/C up. LOL

the challenge with those dolly setups are 'trailer tires and bearings' which are just another link in the chain to deal with as opposed to 4 wheels down. But so many vehicles are different and how you tow a JK wrangler, Civic and F150 are all a bit unique. Especially when your going 6,000kms.

best sport ever is watching somebody that isn't a retired transport driver or farmer (4wheel hay wagons) try and backup once they get into a tight space. super short wheelbase hitch, terrible visibilty and zereo chance of success.

Spectating at boat ramps is a fun summer amusement. One floating item with two semi attached non floating items.

Spectating at boat ramps is a fun summer amusement. One floating item with two semi attached non floating items.
It would be a fun sport if I didn't feel so bad for the equipment. You have beautiful boats/trucks/rvs that don't deserve the cruel and inhumane treatment being dished out.

EDIT:
I would also like to add that the chance of seeing someone die is exceedingly high. Why, if things start to go sideways to people always jump behind the moving out-of-control vehicle?

My slip in Bronte is directly accoss from the launch ramp. Between the guys that bring a 34ft express cruiser that can be pulled behind an F150 'because F150 man!' and the guys that only come to the big lake for the salmon derby its hi jinx all summer.

police seemed a little miffed about our 36ft trimaran last summer being trailered in, even with the Amas (pontoons folks) folded in shes 12'8" wide. At least we can back it up.....

My slip in Bronte is directly accoss from the launch ramp. Between the guys that bring a 34ft express cruiser that can be pulled behind an F150 'because F150 man!' and the guys that only come to the big lake for the salmon derby its hi jinx all summer.

police seemed a little miffed about our 36ft trimaran last summer being trailered in, even with the Amas (pontoons folks) folded in shes 12'8" wide. At least we can back it up.....
Damn 12'8" is wide. I used to take the tornado apart as trailering 10' wide wasn't a great plan.

1587248697574.png

Back
Top Bottom