Stolen Triumph Street Triple 765 R - Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Triumph Street Triple 765 R - Toronto

Hi All,

This is my first post here and unfortunately it's a sad one. My brand new 2019 Triumph Street Triple 765R was stolen from the underground parkade, underneath my condo building, yesterday while I was at work. They somehow avoided the security cameras, or else did it in a manner that isn't easily spotted by cameras (my guess is they followed someone in, through the key FOB doors, with a van, parked it in front of a camera, loaded the bike, and left)... The condo building is on Redpath Avenue in Midtown (near Yonge & Eg).

I'm gutted - she was my baby and buying her was a big expense that I spent a lot of time thinking about (albeit worth every penny while I had her). If you could, please keep an eye out and let me know if you see anything suspicious.

Pictures attached - it's a black model with minimal mods. Added the Triumph bar end mirrors, and some black/red AVDB levers to both sides. Stock exhaust. Also has a RAM phone mount in front of the console and a carbon PROGRIP tank pad down the center of the tank.

Thanks guys. Hope this never happens to you! Happy riding and stay safe!

-Josh

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 90
Condolences on your loss. I know all too well that it rips your soul out at least temporarily. Hopefully insurance treats you well. I'm sure everyone here will keep their eyes open for you but as you probably know, there's not much of a chance someone is just riding around on it. One of the biggest issues with owning a nice, new motorcycle is that they ARE so portable :(

Looks like the naked bikes are now being targeted more frequently. That sucks.

Sexy naked bikes. In the past, many nakeds look awkward like the designers didn't care about what was happening as it was all going to be hidden anyway and then along the way the plastic got eliminated. Desirable (and especially desirable and pricey) bikes in a condo will always be targets. KLR and hyosung (if there are any left running) are good condo bikes.

Condo parking garage vs leaving it on the street, about the same level of risk. Start shopping. Upside is the 2020 version got the auto blipper!

I bet long term storage is probably safer than condo parking at this point

I bet long term storage is probably safer than condo parking at this point
I would bet that self-store is 1000% safer. Convenience factor though is in the crapper. If you never ride it because it takes so much time to go get it and drop it off, why bother owning it?

I wonder
out on the street might be more secure
underground garages provide cover for the activity

this might be a good point

Was in TO a few weeks ago, guy had his older street triple just parked out on the street, maybe he was on to something

high density area, lots of windows and eyes everywhere, plenty of foot traffic at all hours

Toronto needs a bate bike program right now.
Enough people are being gunned down that I suspect they give a rats ass about property crime. Toronto is not operating on the broken window police theory. Nobody was hurt, we are busy, here is your police report number, see you in a few months when the next one disappears.

Enough people are being gunned down that I suspect they give a rats ass about property crime. Toronto is not operating on the broken window police theory. Nobody was hurt, we are busy, here is your police report number, see you in a few months when the next one disappears.
That would be a sad state of affairs. On TV they have different departments to deal with different kinds of crimes, or maybe that is complete fiction
@Striplenaut sorry for your loss

this might be a good point

Was in TO a few weeks ago, guy had his older street triple just parked out on the street, maybe he was on to something

high density area, lots of windows and eyes everywhere, plenty of foot traffic at all hours

Thinking the same. Underground you scope out the cameras, probably low traffic, set up plan, but outside everyone is taking pics, recording their ever so important trips to Starbucks, gotta stream live to the Interwebs, ring-camera doorbells, dashcams... too much risk....

Thinking the same. Underground you scope out the cameras, probably low traffic, set up plan, but outside everyone is taking pics, recording their ever so important trips to Starbucks, gotta stream live to the Interwebs, ring-camera doorbells, dashcams... too much risk....
I want to read about, crooks steal nice bike, gets it home and immediately gets busted in the newspaper about 6 times in a couple of weeks,
then you will see things change. Not likely before that.

if you can put a couch in your apartment, cant you put your bike too?
If you could get it to the apartment without taking it through the building, there is a tiny chance. I dont think they would appreciate you using swing stage Davits for your bike though.

They did a test in NYC a while back about cutting a bike lock in public and seeing who would stop you. Answer was nobody. If they noticed, they didn't care. Most didn't even notice. Its why I said its probably the same for theft. On the street you need to worry about tip overs and other things. I just meant to say condo parking lots are bad.

Its pretty solidly in the 'call your insurance' territory now. If they can't issue a fine, won't show up in media, its not big on their priority.

I was in your shoes 4 years ago when my FZ07 was stolen. Only thing that was captured by security cameras was black Dodge Caravan with tinted windows and missing licence plates (most likely stolen). Unfortunately cops won't be bending backwards to find your bike...I know it sucks really bad but you need to move on.

Back
Top Bottom