Stolen Triumph Street Triple 765 R - Toronto | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Triumph Street Triple 765 R - Toronto

oh wait, then they are going to know every time you break the speed limit :ROFLMAO: it needs an off switch.

Wow, sorry to hear. Did it have a cover? Bike thefts have been around for ages. Back in the '70s, my buddy blocked his Sportster in front of his Beetle within his parents car port. Some crazy guys wanted it so bad they cut the chain locks and dragged it over the top of the Beetle and took it away.

Back in the day, we used to drape a dust cover over our bikes with the Yamaha logo imprinted on it. Nowadays, it would be more of a target for thieves.

No cover, since I was using it regularly (usually several times a week). Like you said, not sure the cover would help in an underground parkade, but maybe. Seems to me like this was a planned theft as I'm on the lowest parking level and I was the only one with stolen property.

So sorry man :(
Hope you either get it back in perfect condition +$5000 worth of modifications for some reason, or (more likely) that insurance pays out.

What do you think for the next one? Another Striple?
Is this common in Toronto? I thought bike theft was a much bigger problem in Europe :|

It's looking like insurance will be doing a payout - they're just doing a "valuation" to see what they owe me.... whatever that means. Some loophole to payout less money I'm sure.

For the next bike, I'd probably do a Striple again. Absolutely loved it. May consider a Street Twin as well. Need to sort out how to keep it from getting stolen first though.

It's looking like insurance will be doing a payout - they're just doing a "valuation" to see what they owe me.... whatever that means. Some loophole to payout less money I'm sure.

For the next bike, I'd probably do a Striple again. Absolutely loved it. May consider a Street Twin as well. Need to sort out how to keep it from getting stolen first though.
I've got that racket figured out, next time bad happens, I go buy the new bike, pay for it in full and issue them the bill.
No more: we don't provide rental motorcycles, no more 6 months without, no more we sold your write-off frame and VIN to the dealership so he could build a new motorcycle around it 7 years later.

surance will payout after 30 days and they will ask for all the keys and the ownership before the cheque is handed over. They will try to give you current market value minus your deductible. They’ll check the used bike market to find an average value of what your bike was potentially worth since there is no official black book value for motorcycles.

You can dispute the settlement barring the payout is too low but you will need to backup the reasons, for example mods, very low mileage and or scarcity. I squeezed out an extra 1k on my old 1989 FZR1000, it was not a common bike and they agreed.

With my CBR they were fair but I lost a good chunk on mods and they were arguing about not being told of the upgrades when insuring it.

Back
Top Bottom