Stolen Toyota’s | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Toyota’s

ToSlow

Site Supporter
neighbour had his Toyota stolen this morning in daylight hrs.

There was 4 cars stolen this wkend in my hood. Cops say the perps are coding the remote from walking up to the front door and scanning the code.

Mind you these are push button starts

Just a reminder to keep your **** safe

Put your fob somewhere away from the front door, ideally in a metal box.
Putting it at distance has no affect....the Faraday box/metal box is the way to go. We had a rash of thefts and some had their keys on the second floor at the back of the house. WRPS* has some crazy videos online on how fast these guys work..seconds and your car is gone.
*Waterloo Region Police Service

Putting it at distance has no affect....the Faraday box/metal box is the way to go. We had a rash of thefts and some had their keys on the second floor at the back of the house. WRPS* has some crazy videos online on how fast these guys work..seconds and your car is gone.
*Waterloo Region Police Service
What if I park it across the street at the neighbors?

Lots of stolen Lexus and Toyota’s reported in our area also on the NextDoor app.

Cousin had his Q5 stolen from their driveway in Poland and he saw on video it took them about 30s to scan the key by the door and take off in the car. He had a tracker and was able to shut it down about 100km from the Lithuanian border as my cousin was able to turn the car off remotely.

Faraday box is the best route as far as I can tell and I should really get one.

Timely thread.

Cop showed up at my door yesterday afternoon. As the house up the street had their Jeep stolen on the Sep long week-end. He was requesting my video footage to check the activity on the street.

I aksed him, I was surprised they were even looking into it as the general consensus is, the Police don't take these crimes that seriously and to resolve the matter with insurance anyway. He said they do. Anyway I thought it was a interesting curiosity.

Last edited:
All they are using is a very simple amplifier antenna(s) set-up, no special coding tool etc. Fools the car to think the key fob is close/in it. Once the car is started it will continue to run and drive but it will keep beeping telling the driver it lost connection to the key, they just drive it to the end destination. Some brands are more susceptible than others but in general push button start is the problem. People will (or are) being penalized when it comes to insurance rates on the worst ones.

Some brands are improving the solution with external and internal antennas, compare the two so the car only starts when the fob is inside--it helps. Putting the fob in a can, fridge, farther from the door all help but none are a foolproof solution.

And people thought I was crazy for debaging my Toyota. putting the keyfobs in faraday cages and avoiding the flashy interior colors :rolleyes:

These 2021+ Toyota have remote connect and the location feature has been very accurate

Last edited by a moderator:
You can make a Faraday cage out of a cardboard/wood box and tinfoil (conductive) +cardboard (non conductive) layers. The more layers, the smaller the detectable range radius. Plenty of how to examples on Google/YouTube.

*EDIT*

they sell Faraday wallets for your CC cards. There are DIY wallet mods as well.

And people thought I was crazy for debaging my Toyota. putting the keyfobs in faraday cages and avoiding the flashy interior colors :rolleyes:

These 2021+ Toyota have remote connect and the location feature has been very accurate
Are the sedans in high demand also? I’ve only read of Lexus and Toyota SUVs being targeted.

What kind of cage do you have?

Are the sedans in high demand also? I’ve only read of Lexus and Toyota SUVs being targeted.

What kind of cage do you have?

I bet the SUVs are in bigger demand but I rather be safe than sorry.

The cages are off AliExpress :p

Also I removed the "Camry" trunk piece and replaced it with a big light bar... Everyone thinks it is a Lexus now

51PqN8kUvbL._SL1000_736x544.jpg

51OQNKK-OLL._SL1000_736x544.jpg

I think it’s only NA and recently EU where the Lexus brand even was differentiated from Toyota.

Lots of Lexus cars in Poland with the Toyota badging in the past.

You can make a Faraday cage out of a cardboard/wood box and tinfoil (conductive) +cardboard (non conductive) layers. The more layers, the smaller the detectable range radius. Plenty of how to examples on Google/YouTube.

*EDIT*

they sell Faraday wallets for your CC cards. There are DIY wallet mods as well.

if you’re an antivaxxer you can just put it under your hat.

LOL... My truck had door keys and windup windows. The problem with that is all you need is a coat hanger.
My Civic had roll up windows, manual door locks, and all it took is a coat hanger, and pulling the window a few inches outwards to get their hands in.

All they stole was my prescription glasses...and I found them later that day as the guy's eyesight wasn't the same. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom