Stolen bike registry | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen bike registry

What kind of locks are recommended? Any particular brands that are well made? I'm currently looking at disc locks and also a chain. And how does everyone carry a chain around? Or is it something to be left at home.

What kind of locks are recommended? Any particular brands that are well made? I'm currently looking at disc locks and also a chain. And how does everyone carry a chain around? Or is it something to be left at home.

I don't use any after market locking methods.
But I would think that riding around with a chain is not the preferred method.

I would have one at home and maybe one at the place I often travel to like work. Provided that that is a possibility. Some parking lots may not want you leaving a heavy duty chain tied to their railing or tree etc.

Last edited:
Found this scumbag Deemer easily on Facebook. he's a father. poor kid. what a shame.

could we get a pinned thread in this forum of names and locations of scumbags who've been charged with motorcycle theft?
as someone who's had a bike stolen, it would help the community if we know who these scumbags are.

I've been told by police that even if they do time, it'll be a short time and they're right back at it again.

Sent from my SM-G973W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Found this scumbag Deemer easily on Facebook. he's a father. poor kid. what a shame.

could we get a pinned thread in this forum of names and locations of scumbags who've been charged with motorcycle theft?
as someone who's had a bike stolen, it would help the community if we know who these scumbags are.

I've been told by police that even if they do time, it'll be a short time and they're right back at it again.

Sent from my SM-G973W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
It looks like all three of them had kids. Although, at first thought the scumbag list seems ok, I doubt it is a good idea. Unless it included pics it isnt all that useful (who cares if you have a name and town of a scumbag, what does that information do for you) and that can easily go wrong if the wrong person pics are grabbed. If pics were there, it may help you recognize and name scumbags that are snooping around. For so many reasons, I cant see gtam allowing a thread with that kind of content. Just not worth the hassle.

I agree, someone with a spite might put up the personal information of someone they dislike, and we could have some guys and girls beat the wrong person up.
It looks like all three of them had kids. Although, at first thought the scumbag list seems ok, I doubt it is a good idea. Unless it included pics it isnt all that useful (who cares if you have a name and town of a scumbag, what does that information do for you) and that can easily go wrong if the wrong person pics are grabbed. If pics were there, it may help you recognize and name scumbags that are snooping around. For so many reasons, I cant see gtam allowing a thread with that kind of content. Just not worth the hassle.

Sent from my SM-G965W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Hi All,

I posted this in the general motorcycle forum but realized afterwards I probably should have put it here. My brand new 2019 Triumph Street Triple 765R was stolen from the underground parkade, underneath my condo building, yesterday while I was at work. They somehow avoided the security cameras, or else did it in a manner that isn't easily spotted by cameras (my guess is they followed someone in, through the key FOB doors, with a van, parked it in front of a camera, loaded the bike, and left)... The condo building is on Redpath Avenue in Midtown (near Yonge & Eg).

I'm gutted - she was my baby and buying her was a big expense that I spent a lot of time thinking about (albeit worth every penny while I had her). If you could, please keep an eye out and let me know if you see anything suspicious.

Pictures attached - it's a black model with minimal mods. Added the Triumph bar end mirrors, and some black/red AVDB levers to both sides. Stock exhaust. Also has a RAM phone mount in front of the console and a carbon PROGRIP tank pad down the center of the tank.

Thanks guys. Hope this never happens to you! Happy riding and stay safe!

-Josh

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 48
Hi All,

I posted this in the general motorcycle forum but realized afterwards I probably should have put it here. My brand new 2019 Triumph Street Triple 765R was stolen from the underground parkade, underneath my condo building, yesterday while I was at work. They somehow avoided the security cameras, or else did it in a manner that isn't easily spotted by cameras (my guess is they followed someone in, through the key FOB doors, with a van, parked it in front of a camera, loaded the bike, and left)... The condo building is on Redpath Avenue in Midtown (near Yonge & Eg).

I'm gutted - she was my baby and buying her was a big expense that I spent a lot of time thinking about (albeit worth every penny while I had her). If you could, please keep an eye out and let me know if you see anything suspicious.

Pictures attached - it's a black model with minimal mods. Added the Triumph bar end mirrors, and some black/red AVDB levers to both sides. Stock exhaust. Also has a RAM phone mount in front of the console and a carbon PROGRIP tank pad down the center of the tank.

Thanks guys. Hope this never happens to you! Happy riding and stay safe!

-Josh

That really sucks to hear man.

Surprised they thwarted the security cameras, I think it was probably by accident. In reality thieves use stolen plates on the vans so it would never get traced back to them.

What security did you have on your bike?

*** STOLEN MOTORCYLE ALERT *** LOCATION STOLEN: MISSISSAUGA / SQUARE ONE AREA STOLEN DATE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6

2007 YAMAHA R6 - CANDY APPLE RED COLOR

Specific Markings (Visible): - M4 EXHAUST - CAT DELETE - ANGEL EYES, HID XENON LIGHTS - BLACK FRONT BUBBLE SCREEN WINDSHIELD - GOLD SHORTY LEVERS

STOLEN FROM CONDO underground parking

This color R6 is rare in the area - if you see it anywhere, please call peel police to report it TIA

tags: sportbike, stolen, motorcycle, YZF-R6

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 3.16.52 AM.png

Coming to a parking garage near you....

Even before he said it, I didn't see the point to one of these when a jumbo manual bolt cutter would handle the job effortlessly and with a lot less noise. That said, according to a friend of mine who used to sell mufflers, catalytic converter thefts off parked cars spiked when cordless sawzalls and angle grinders first came out.

Just a heads up to the Cambridge Crowd. Had someone enter my underground parking and broke the TFT shroud from my 22 S1000R, they unplugged the dash hoping the alarm would shut off. They'll be back. This happened Aug 23 @ 11:59pm judging by the time displayed when I plugged it back in.

Just a heads up to the Cambridge Crowd. Had someone enter my underground parking and broke the TFT shroud from my 22 S1000R, they unplugged the dash hoping the alarm would shut off. They'll be back. This happened Aug 23 @ 11:59pm judging by the time displayed when I plugged it back in.
They will be back time to move it somewhere else for now

Sent from the future

Good friend had his trials bike stolen last week.
2012 Ossa Trials TR · Driven 1,234 kilometers

STOLEN - Dave Brown's treasured OSSA.
Please keep an keep an eye out for it, and the custom helmet, in the flesh and on social media.
Rare bike featuring unique graphics with the original green, and the 100th Anniv. SSDT blue stickers on the fuel tank.
Reward offered.
Please contact Dave Brown with any info davebrown024@hotmail.com

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1702989839375.jpg
    FB_IMG_1702989839375.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom