Stand Signed HIghway During Prohibited Times/Days | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stand Signed HIghway During Prohibited Times/Days

You were parked on the street at a time you weren't supposed to be. Just cause bikes get free parking on TO streets doesn't mean we can park anywhere and at any time. Most major street parking doesn't allow any vehicle to park during the rush hour.

Sounds like you parked during prohibited hours...

t5zxdl.jpg

Didnt really see a no parking sign

Last edited:
I don't think we get to park in the Green P zones for free

place a sticker over the sign with new hours, take a pic, show the Judge as proof, ticket dismissed.
preprinted stickers are great.

I don't think we get to park in the Green P zones for free
we do... on the side of the road.

was this a green P lot? or was it parking on the side of the road?

place a sticker over the sign with new hours, take a pic, show the Judge as proof, ticket dismissed.
preprinted stickers are great.

And risk a possibility of a criminal charge over a 60 dollars ticket. LOL, there are so many 'smart' people in this world!!!

Street parking, parked in places like these hundreds of times. No "no parking" sign above.

are you serious bro?

it says you can only park between certain times...bike or car...

so if you parked outside of those posted times, or to the right of the arrow, even by half a tire...they will ticket you

Street parking, parked in places like these hundreds of times. No "no parking" sign above.

If you never got a ticket before, this just means that during those times:

- you were within the posted allowed times
- there was no parking enforcement around
- they didn't ticket you for whatever reason

You just got busted this time, simple as that.

If you never got a ticket before, this just means that during those times:

- you were within the posted allowed times
- there was no parking enforcement around
- they didn't ticket you for whatever reason

You just got busted this time, simple as that.

According to the sign in the picture above, the time isn't the issue.. that sign just says "pay parking enforced" during those hours.. which means at other times it's free (for cars, bikes are always free). Whether he had a tire past the post (thus in the loading zone) I don't know.. but the ticket is specifically for parking during prohibited days/times so I would think there must be a "no parking from this time to this time" sign either further up the pole, or somewhere else we don't see in that picture.. if so, man up and pay your fine. If their truly isn't.. then fight it, as in that case this ticket is truly an error.

What the hell is this?

I got a ticket for 60 bucks parked on green p street parking.

it's up to you... how much your time worth 'saving' 40$
Bring your exact story to the judge and he will knock it down to 15 or 20$ (probably next yr trial) - you just didn't see the sign right.
it takes ~30mins in the court but depends where you come from.

i have my opinion though on the fine amount... for ex: a cbr125 shouldnt pay same fine like a few tons truck ... we talking about huge real estate ocupancy diferences

it's up to you... how much your time worth 'saving' 40$
Bring your exact story to the judge and he will knock it down to 15 or 20$ (probably next yr trial) - you just didn't see the sign right.
it takes ~30mins in the court but depends where you come from.

i have my opinion though on the fine amount... for ex: a cbr125 shouldnt pay same fine like a few tons truck ... we talking about huge real estate ocupancy diferences

If he's blocking a live lane during a prohibited time then what's the difference if its a bike/car/truck? People still have to move around him and he's impeding the flow.

You complained at 11pm on Tuesday. You posted a picture of the sign in the dark at 11:47pm, so we can assume you went back and took a picture around that time. We can also assume you were so ****** that you came right to GTAM to post about this, so it happened on Tuesday as well. The sign says no parking after 3:30pm Mon-Fri. So, you were parked there when you shouldn't be.

Case closed, deal with the ticket, be more mindful of signs in the future.

The sign above is Pay Parking Enforced at certain times. In absence of any other sign, it is not true in reverse that parking is not allowed at other times.

OP take a full shot of that pole and a wider shot of the street where you were parked. The wide shot should show any other signs/poles and then take it from there. You are looking for a No Stopping or No Parking sign.

THIS. Unles there is a sign no parking after x time without permit, or no stopping between xtime and y time., then the ticket is in error. I've been nailed with similar ******** parking tickets, but loosing 200$ a day in wages to fight a 40 dollar ticket just isn't worth winning on principal. no way i'm using a vacation-day for that ****.

The sign above is Pay Parking Enforced at certain times. In absence of any other sign, it is not true in reverse that parking is not allowed at other times.

OP take a full shot of that pole and a wider shot of the street where you were parked. The wide shot should show any other signs/poles and then take it from there. You are looking for a No Stopping or No Parking sign.

Derp. You're absolutely right

are you serious bro?

it says you can only park between certain times...bike or car...

so if you parked outside of those posted times, or to the right of the arrow, even by half a tire...they will ticket you

Yes BRO he's serious... no where in the picture does it say you can't park there. It only says you have to pay between those times.

Back
Top Bottom