Sportbikes are Not beginner Bikes | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sportbikes are Not beginner Bikes

Just saw this by RegularCarReviews....I almost died laughing in the first 60 seconds:

[video=youtube;BglzNAML78M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BglzNAML78M[/video]

Beyond all the grunts and silly voices, this guy is really insightful. Great stuff as always.

So, I am a brandnewbian and probably fall square into the category of riders described above- as is probably clear from my question: Is this thread restricted to 600cc bikes generally or simply sports? What about cruisers or street fighters?

Everyone told me I would get sick of my 300 quick...almost ending 2nd season of riding and I am still in LOVE with it - start of this season I upgraded to full Hindle exhaust with power commander and Diablo Rosso II's - the bike is unreal! so fun - I don't feel like its bigger than me...though I don't do a lot of highway rides, mostly back roads (country), but i kick it at 150 (sometimes) just fine :) IT handles exactly the way I tell it to...and it is super fun! I could give 2 sh*ts about anyone who snubs any bike under an r or a 600...those are the ones who aren't in it for the riding, but the "status of riding"... for me Riding = ZEN....

Last edited:
Everyone told me I would get sick of my 300 quick...almost ending 2nd season of riding and I am still in LOVE with it - start of this season I upgraded to full Hindle exhaust with power commander and Diablo Rosso II's - the bike is unreal! so fun - I don't feel like its bigger than me...though I don't do a lot of highway rides, mostly back roads (country), but i kick it at 150 (sometimes) just fine :) IT handles exactly the way I tell it to...and it is super fun! I could give 2 sh*ts about anyone who snubs any bike under an r or a 600...those are the ones who aren't in it for the riding, but the "status of riding"... for me Riding = ZEN....

uhm, might want to edit that statement. It makes you look envious imo.
There are some that have litre bikes and also have smaller cc bikes e.g. cbr125 and ruckus/scooters

*oh, you live in Stouffville, never mind:D

So, I am a brandnewbian and probably fall square into the category of riders described above- as is probably clear from my question: Is this thread restricted to 600cc bikes generally or simply sports? What about cruisers or street fighters?

Get something under 599CC if it isn't a cruiser. I know nothing about cruisers but have ridden on a few "power cruisers"; you don't want to start on those either lol

uhm, might want to edit that statement. It makes you look envious imo.
There are some that have litre bikes and also have smaller cc bikes e.g. cbr125 and ruckus/scooters

*oh, you live in Stouffville, never mind:D

not envious at all...I know that new riders get a lot of pressure to push a 600+ and its not necessary...depends on the rider and their comfort level. If you're good on a 125 great...if you're good on a busa great...whatever feels good...

not envious at all...I know that new riders get a lot of pressure to push a 600+ and its not necessary...depends on the rider and their comfort level. If you're good on a 125 great...if you're good on a busa great...whatever feels good...
I have never seen or heard anyone getting pressured to move into a 600 +, I think each person applies there pressure to themselves.

Personally couldn't care less what others ride, unless you drive a Honda fit.... Hehe

I have never seen or heard anyone getting pressured to move into a 600 +, I think each person applies there pressure to themselves.

Personally couldn't care less what others ride, unless you drive a Honda fit.... Hehe
Every North American based motorcycle forum or discussion group tries to tell new riders that anything under a 600 SS is a slow, boring, "girl's" bike.

I personally like the Honda Fit having seen it at the AutoShow a few times and read a couple reviews. I've never ridden in one or test driven it, though. Personally I probably wouldn't buy one unless they brought over the turbo AWD model I read that they have in Japan.

Every North American based motorcycle forum or discussion group tries to tell new riders that anything under a 600 SS is a slow, boring, "girl's" bike.
Contrary to that, if you read most post in here and on the Fz09 forum I am also member of, most people recommend beginners to start in small bikes, the jabs at "girl bikes" etc are mostly jokes.

I personally like the Honda Fit having seen it at the AutoShow a few times and read a couple reviews. I've never ridden in one or test driven it, though. Personally I probably wouldn't buy one unless they brought over the turbo AWD model I read that they have in Japan.

I don't agree with this. Both gsxr.com and gixxer.com do not recommend (and will make fun of) newbs starting on a 600.

Contrary to that, if you read most post in here and on the Fz09 forum I am also member of, most people recommend beginners to start in small bikes, the jabs at "girl bikes" etc are mostly jokes.
It only started changing on here this or last year. When I started here and until recently it was as I said.

Every North American based motorcycle forum or discussion group tries to tell new riders that anything under a 600 SS is a slow, boring, "girl's" bike

So not true right? The r3 is a sweet little ride.. My Vulcan 500 is quick too (lol not supersport) any new rider would be more than happy with an en500 or ex500

So not true right? The r3 is a sweet little ride.. My Vulcan 500 is quick too (lol not supersport) any new rider would be more than happy with an en500 or ex500
Agreed.

Though I think the idea of starting on a 600cc bike is usually universally frowned upon, and openly discouraged, the pressure and comments to move up to a 600cc bike is still fairly common.

Though I don't see it on forums I have seen it in person where riders of smaller displacement bikes are constantly being asked when they are gonna "upgrade" and why they haven't yet...and not in a friendly, inquisitive manner. More of a judgmental way.

Though it's not the title of this thread it may be what Mala and some others on here are referring to.

Hell...when I had my VF500 people would bug me about upgrading to a 600cc+ bike or a SS.

The CC measuring between some riders is still there, and it's annoying. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom