Sport bikes are not beginner bikes BUT... | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sport bikes are not beginner bikes BUT...

Sundancekid, you are going to love your 250. yesterday was my first day riding in traffic. Picked up my ninja from the dealer, rode it home, grabbed lunch and went cruising all around town. I headed out again early this morning and got home right before the rain. so far I've put 133km. This bike is so nimble and easy to control. Ride safe and see you on the road!

Thanks buddy! I am really looking forward to it, I really hope I enjoy the Ninja as much as you do. After I get a little riding in I am going to be looking for riding buddies who want to cruise around the rural GTA areas. So if anyone on this thread wants to meetup sometime let me know. I'll also be posting an invitation in the meetup section when I get my bike.

Thanks buddy! I am really looking forward to it, I really hope I enjoy the Ninja as much as you do. After I get a little riding in I am going to be looking for riding buddies who want to cruise around the rural GTA areas. So if anyone on this thread wants to meetup sometime let me know. I'll also be posting an invitation in the meetup section when I get my bike.

Son-of-a-$#@! The bike's been sold already! :(

This time of year, you gotta pounce

Apparently so! Well I'm gonna see a GS500F tomorrow night so hopefully that'll pan out. I know its not the same as a ninja but it's close enough for me, and from what I've read it still can be considered a beginner's bike.

Apparently so! Well I'm gonna see a GS500F tomorrow night so hopefully that'll pan out. I know its not the same as a ninja but it's close enough for me, and from what I've read it still can be considered a beginner's bike.

Yeah, it's very good natured but it can still boogie when you need it to.

Good to know, that way I'll enjoy it and won't out grow it too quickly. Have you ridden that particular bike?

No I haven't but I see them often enough on the group rides.. While a different bike, the EX500 is also a good option. Zilch has seen most of the Eastern/Central US on one of those.

Meh! I'll stick with something between 125-500 and wait till I grow out of it. I'm only aiming to do 120KM/H on the 400 series highways, that's it! Not interested in losing my license because that'll result in losing my job.

2009-kawasaki-ninja-250r-i01.jpg
The best for what you are looking to do.

Too Green. Green is a slow colour.

Its unfortunate that Honda waited until now to bring in their CBR250, that would have been my first choice as a novice bike. But a Ninja isn't bad either. Btw, don't yellow bikes get the best fuel economy? or is that orange? Always confuse the two. Also when I get my bike I'm going to put some decals on it, you know like the pro racers do, that's good for another 10HP at minimum I believe. :p

Its unfortunate that Honda waited until now to bring in their CBR250, that would have been my first choice as a novice bike. But a Ninja isn't bad either. Btw, don't yellow bikes get the best fuel economy? or is that orange? Always confuse the two. Also when I get my bike I'm going to put some decals on it, you know like the pro racers do, that's good for another 10HP at minimum I believe. :p

You don't put decals on it until you crash. One decal for each crash.

You don't put decals on it until you crash. One decal for each crash.

Do you put them over top off the scuff marks to hide damage? Or is it like when you show off the scar you got by accidentally stabbing yourself?

Guys today I picked up my Suzuki GS500F. Loving every minute of it, glad I went with this bike as opposed to the F4i. Thanks to everyone for their feedback!

nice nice. i got one about a month ago too as my first bike too. love it.

Congrats Sundancekid! That's a nice bike. Enjoy and ride safe!

Thank you, thank you.

You know this isn't going to make a lot of sense, but my bike feels more solid and forgiving than the CBR125 that I used on my RTI course. Its strange because I thought that it might scare me a bit, but it feels pretty good natured so I guess that's why it makes for beginner bike.

Now all I need is some nice weather and to buy a jacket and pants. Rafiki and HC7 what colour are your rides? I've got the blue and white one.

Excellent choice! Now go out, have a blast and enjoy yourself! That's an ORDER, soldier :cool:

Back
Top Bottom