Sport Bike Insurance -- Who are you insured with? How much do you pay? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sport Bike Insurance -- Who are you insured with? How much do you pay?

Shouldn't there be recourse for the customer when this happens? Especially if they did their due diligence and double checked, and that the only reason for buying that bike was based on the favorable rate.
I would think so. I gave them the VIN number. Reiterated this is a 1300cc motorcycle to which they understand 100%. They read the specs of the bike back to me as if "I" didn't know what the bike was.

They also tried to get me to pay for the 3 weeks it was insured with them, when I didn't even have the bike quite on the road yet. Funny how they can get away with that ****, even once a contract is signed - yet anyone that finds a work around on insurance is instantly nailed to the wall.

I would think so. I gave them the VIN number. Reiterated this is a 1300cc motorcycle to which they understand 100%. They read the specs of the bike back to me as if "I" didn't know what the bike was.

They also tried to get me to pay for the 3 weeks it was insured with them, when I didn't even have the bike quite on the road yet. Funny how they can get away with that ****, even once a contract is signed - yet anyone that finds a work around on insurance is instantly nailed to the wall.

Hopefully this can help:

Hopefully this can help:

Got to love insurance companies, I feel like I get ****** every year. So I switched to All-State cause the deal was pretty good. Signed the contract for the monthly payments, paid my first month no issues. Now All-State called saying they have a new policy stating you need to pay your whole insurance for motorcycles upfront for the year. Again....I told the rep that this was NOT the contract I signed up for - we had a monthly agreement. If I was to break out contract I'd be nailed to the wall. He apologized and said he can give me a day to think it over and there's not much else I can do. Anyone have any idea to my recourse? The money is no biggie, its only $1100, it's the principal behind it and the sleazy insurance companies manipulating contracts when they are already signed for a year policy.

Got to love insurance companies, I feel like I get ****** every year. So I switched to All-State cause the deal was pretty good. Signed the contract for the monthly payments, paid my first month no issues. Now All-State called saying they have a new policy stating you need to pay your whole insurance for motorcycles upfront for the year. Again....I told the rep that this was NOT the contract I signed up for - we had a monthly agreement. If I was to break out contract I'd be nailed to the wall. He apologized and said he can give me a day to think it over and there's not much else I can do. Anyone have any idea to my recourse? The money is no biggie, its only $1100, it's the principal behind it and the sleazy insurance companies manipulating contracts when they are already signed for a year policy.

Desjardins has been pretty good to me, but I've been a customer with State Farm since the 80's (although I really don't think that buys me as much as it should). Still wouldn't hurt to give them a try. The only other companies I've used for bikes was TD and ScotiaLife Insurance.

Call Michelle Edwards in the insurance section at Allstate.

OK.

INFORMATION REQUESTEDRESPONSE
Annual Premium$677
Company on Pink Slip (i.e. not the Broker)Desjardins/Certas
Year2002
MakeDucati
Model998
First 8 Characters of your VIN (i.e. NOT including the serial number)
Collision Coverage included?No
Comprehensive (i.e. Fire & Theft) Coverage included?No, add $90 and requires appraisal
Rider Age50+
Years Riding (since M1)30+
Any convictions in the last 3 years?No
Any Claims in the last 6 years?No
City, ProvinceMississauga, ON
Other Products with the same insurer (e.g. Car, Home, Condo, Tenant, etc.)2 Cars, House, $1M Umbrella liability
Anything else you want to note?No
Damn that’s a great rate. For me 40+ years riding experience no claims or tickets and I pay a lot
More than that. My 998 is through Intact and 1199s TD.

seems pretty good to me for two exotic superbikes.

I’ve said it before, I refuse to pay significantly more than $1/cc/yr on anything I ride, and Desjarsins Agents doesn’t seem to care if it’s sport or not. it probably helps that I only need the minimum $300,000 liability because of my umbrella policy. Just got a quote out of curiosity for a brand new 2023 Indian FTR Carbon and it was $1395/yr but I never get collision so $1277.

Back
Top Bottom